1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck at map view after launching game (No menu/GUI)

Discussion in 'Resolved Bugs' started by Auras, Jul 6, 2017.

1. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

@Lisk Nice idea i guess, but it doesn´t work:

Attached Files:

Lisk likes this.
  2. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Thanks PitMcKing.

Can you run a Dependency Walker on these two dlls, and upload the results?

1. discord-rpc.dll
    2. PK-UnityPlugin.dll

These should be located in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Legion TD 2\Legion TD 2_Data\Plugins

See this post for detailed instructions:
    https://legiontd2.com/community/thr...-as-i-try-to-build-any-unit.11680/#post-22829

This will help figure out which file is missing from your computer that is preventing the game from fully starting up.

3. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

Did the test, these are the results:

Attached Files:

Lisk likes this.
  4. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

I looked at the Dependency Walker file, one problem i found was:

IESHIMS.DLL missing. While searching the Internet i found this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...d3d2c/ieshimsdll-missing?forum=w7itproinstall

which basically explains that it is found in the Internet explorer Folder. Naive as i am, i copied it to System32 folder. After that, there is one error less on the dependancy walker. I Removed the change from my PC, but here are the "new" walker logs with the copied dll file:

Attached Files:

Lisk likes this.
  5. Lisk

Thanks for running that with the fixed IESHIMS.DLL.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point. I will likely have to set aside time to acquire a copy of Vista and run it in a virtual machine to try to reproduce it, and after that just try random things.

PitMcKing likes this.
  6. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

I continue to try and research those Random things:

- Kernell32.dll (Parent: User32.dll) function "TryAcquireSRWLockShared" :
    this Function is not available for Windows Vista
    Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/dd405524.aspx
    Source 2 : https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/10243

- IEFRAME.DLL (Parent: SHDOCVW.DLL) which is Parent off the file MFPLAT.DLL (through MSHTML.DLL) causing this error, function "MFCreateMFByteStreamOnStream" (Some Sound Related Issue, seems to come with some Sound Drivers)
    this function is not available for Windows Vista, there seem to be Problems with some Windows 7 PC's also:
    Source: https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/dd388095(v=vs.85).aspx
    Source2: https://github.com/naudio/NAudio/issues/176
    Source3: https://steamcommunity.com/app/530620/discussions/0/152393186489329880/

So the other librarys seem to be there, but Functions (of .NETFramework i guess) are missing on Windows Vista and some on Windows 7 too.

Lisk likes this.
  7. Lisk

Thanks for the update - how did you find out that it needs these functions?
    TryAcquireSRWLockShared
    MFCreateMFByteStreamOnStream

It sounds like you know more about this than me =)

8. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

Don´t worry, I don´t know more than you. I´, a Programmer for Industrial Automation, so i know a few things about Librarys (not much, the most is googled when i need it). The Programm i´m using is totaly different (it´s mostly Visual , if you are Interested, it´s called LabVIEW).

You can look for the functions in the Dependency Walker, when you right click the red modules and then click "Highlight the matching Module in tree". When you mark it in the tree, you can see the Functions, scroll down to the "Red C" and there is the missing function named. All i did afterwards was copy and paste it into google. So for me, it´s mostly "TRY and ERROR"

I would guess that these functions are used by the plug-ins (Discord which doesn´t support vista anyways) and the PopcornFX Plugin (which i don´t know what it supports).

I like the workaround you tried, to dissalbe Discord for Vista. I don´t know what PopcornFX does, so i don´t know what the Workaround for this could be. But what realy is strange to me, is that games like League of Legends, World of Warcraft (till 3 month ago), They are Billions, Skyrim, CS:GO all work fine, and i don´t realy think, that they use none of these plugins (at least for the Discord one, i´m sure they use it).

Greetz
    Pit

Edit:

Through intense googling, i found some drivers for my workstation, which are compatible to Windows 7 64bit. I need to convince myself, that i want to Delete my PC and set it up again to windows 7. I kind of fear, that i don´t get this PC working again, cause there are so many exceptions (cause it is a Workstation from HP). Afterwards i would have to Update with a realy bad Internet connection (max 240 kbit/s download) and Hope, that the games will still work with the other drivers (The Graphic card is also a bit special).

Edit 2:
    It didn´t work out (the drivers aren´t working protperly, returned it to old state, which is still Vista)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Lisk likes this.
  9. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

Spoke to a User of another workstation at the company i work at. He war running windows 7 on a nearly similar engine and he told me, that his PC works fine with the GPU Drivers for Windows Vista (Checked it on the HP side and it said, that it supports win 7 AND Vista). Upgraded my PC to Windows 7 now and:

It works now :) (almost)

I played my first game yesterday (against bots). But there is still one issue. The Resolution is set to 1024*768 @60 Hz and there is no way of changing it. My desktop is set to 1280 *720 (which fits perfectly). With 1024*768 i can´t see a part of the bottom of Legion TD2 and there are black bars at the sides. I tried:

- Windowed mode: Still 1024 * 768 but without the black bars (instead there is my desktop, as expected)
    - Fullscreen: 1024 * 768 with black bars
    - Widescreen: Still 1024 * 768 with black bars
    - After searching the Forum: Scaling the HUD - Still the same.

I switch to another GPU Driver and Try it again. If this issue still appears afterwards, i will open a new Thread.

So for me this Issue (NO UI) is closed. If you think i can help you with it (but i provided all my logs, so i guess not), just text me.

Greetings
    Peter

Lisk likes this.
  10. Lisk