1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck on "Match Found"

Discussion in 'Resolved Bugs' started by Jules, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Description: You receive the notification for a match but never progress past "Match Found"

When this happens, it usually means the game failed to start. That means nobody else was able to connect either. You can safely close out of the game and queue for a new match. You should not lose any rating.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

3. Jules

I haven't heard any recent cases where only one player is stuck on match found, which is good. Also, the match tie failsafe when there is a (Closed) or disconnected player makes this issue much less of a pain point.

I have heard of recent cases where everyone is stuck on match found, as you mentioned. The good news in that case is that no one loses rating because the game never actually starts, though it does make some players worry. I'll update the main thread to remove the workaround and include the new info.

I have also heard of recent cases where players complain that they reconnect to "random" games in progress. In those cases, I'm not sure if they are reconnecting to someone else's game or if they are reconnecting to a game that they previously never connected to (the latter technically shouldn't occur with the failsafe).

4. Lisk

Thanks!

I have some theories about this, but it will be helpful if we can get a log from someone who reconnected to a 'random' game in progress. I think happens when a client is using some connection info for a game that already finished and the server has already started a new game with the same connection info as the old game, so it thinks it can reconnect to the new game.

5. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

I have never known this bug. However, I saw more and more something strange. Without any reason, you can be disconnected from the game. Your internet is okay but you are disconnected and unable to reconnect automatically. You don't have any choice. You have to "kill" the application and restart the game to reconnect. That's really strange. It's like the server does not answer anymore. Or maybe it is packets lost. Then the server disconnect the player because he cannot recognize him correctly. I don't know.

Do you know if it is written in log to help you?

Thanks you very much and sorry if I don't post it in the good thread.

6. Lisk

Hmm, that might be a different bug - if it happens again it would be great if you can get the log file and post in a new thread. Thanks!

7. Robert Mends

Robert Mends Member

8. Jules

Got stuck on match found (first time this has happened to me in a long time). Potentially relevant: I was right clicking someone's name to view their profile right when the queue popped.

After about 2 minutes of waiting, I got "connecting to lobby server," then returned back to the lobby. Seems like a game server never spun up (I checked in PlayFab). Logs attached.

Attached Files:

Robert Mends likes this.
  9. Robert Mends

Robert Mends Member

upload_2018-7-28_15-45-33.png

Stuck again. Restarting the game doesn't solve the issue, as I still get stuck at this screen. Only restarting the pc does. Logs attached.
    It may be relevant that I was alt-tabbed first time when the match was found. When I restarted the game I wasn't alt-tabbed and still got stuck at match found.

Steelrat reports me as "closed" in-game.

Attached Files:

jitsuc4 likes this.
  10. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Three times today. Restarting isn't helping.

Robert Mends likes this.
  11. Robert Mends

Robert Mends Member

Same thing three times today.

SiegeMentality likes this.
  12. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

For further info -

1st round. Got in. Played a game. Started another match and got stuck at match found. Went off to do other stuff.

2nd round. Got in. Played a game. Started another match and got stuck at match found. Restarted. Returned and had no option to rejoin. Playfab told me I'm in a game. I restarted again. Restart option just hung until I gave up.

3rd round. I got stuck at match found. Restarted. Returned and had no option to rejoin. Playfab told me I'm in a game. I restarted again. Restart option just hung until I gave up.

Robert Mends likes this.
  13. Robert Mends

Robert Mends Member

Happened to me today.