1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tieskevo's amazing (gold) cheatsheet

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Tieskevo, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Tieskevo

Tieskevo Member

As a new player, I experienced some frustration that you can't view unit upgrades during the combat phase. Which make the 15s build timer kinda short if you have to click on all units and look.

So, for people with a second screen mostly, Tieskevo's Amazing (gold) cheatsheet
    Almost as amazing as my leaks. ;)

Resolution: 1920x1080

LTD2-goldcheatsheet by Tieskevo.png

Blasti, Jules, Zitronenritter and 3 others like this.
  2. Tieskevo

Tieskevo Member

3. Cornep

Cornep Member

Maybe it would be more useful to see hp/g and dps/g? Like it's not surprising higher cost units are tankier and more lethal than cheap units, but when you need tanks or dps desperately, it is more useful to consider efficient gold spending.

Looks good :)

Jules, Tieskevo and Lisk like this.
  4. Tieskevo

Tieskevo Member

That is an excellent suggestion. And one I'll seriously consider following up on. It does grasp the essention of what i tried to do with the marking of highest dps/health.

I also had the rightmost column reserved for mythium overview. Maybe divided in sending for income and for effects / auras? I would gladly hear how you (or anyone here really, would like to see that)

5. Cornep

Cornep Member

Hey, I would definitely put down the auras, as aura units suffer a big hp/g and dps/g for the aura effect, also the spell units will look really poor in comparison as well.

I would personally make a different mythium sheet, but im not sure really what would be the best way for it.

Many things to consider, what to include, what to exclude, and how to keep it tidy and easy to read.

Alternative for auras, or maybe in addition to auras, a synergy mark? Like Leviathan is air synergy, star caller is mana synergy and such.

6. Tieskevo

Tieskevo Member

@Jules do you recon it is also a possibility to show the upgrades on units during combat? A disabled state. But still readable? It might make the learning curve for new players slightly easier. Experienced players will know these kind of things by heart anyway. But new players got a lot of units to read up on. For all base units we can allready read their stats at all times.

7. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

This is a good idea, and it's on our backlog (it's a bit tricky to implement).

Manegar and deutscherhawk like this.
  8. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

I don't know if something like this would clutter up the info too much, but at least you'd have everything regarding a specific unit at any time. Perhaps some dividers and stylistic elements could help as well. If possible, you could also use a key-modifier to display additional information while holding that key?

[​IMG]

Scary likes this.
  9. LeifOneG

LeifOneG Member

I can stand behind this, if its only in practice mode. Why remove intellectual aspects of the game aswell as rewarding people that gathers knowledge and improve without some cheatsheet?

10. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

There's nothing intellectual about memorizing a couple of gold values for upgrade costs. Currently the game displays the base gold cost and since he was asking about this:
    it seemed easy enough to implement, since they have something like this on their backlog anyway.

This only means new players will get some help while learning the game. Experienced players won't read it anyway, since it's really easy to remember anyway. The same applies to wave info and damage/armor types, there is ingame overlays to help newer players. Experienced players will know unit types without overlay.

11. LeifOneG

LeifOneG Member

Implement a basic tooltip functionality with some dialogs. Sure, i can buy that. Relax hombre

12. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

The tooltip is already in the game ;) I simply took Tieskevo's request and added it to the tooltip, since Jules said, it was tricky to implement. As the tooltip already is implemented, they wouldn't need to change much, I guess. But they might have a more elegant solution planned already.

13. LeifOneG

LeifOneG Member

We'll just have to wait and see, cya in the arena:rolleyes:

14. Scary

Scary Member

I think this would be really nice. I would consider myself by now an experienced player, but I still don't remember the DPS and HP values of most units, and I remember how annoying it was to not know how much money I would need for an upgrade before the building phase starts, since this can make the difference in you sending an extra snail when planing to save or building an extra worker.
    Anything that lowers the barrier for newer players is a good thing imo.