1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unit Tier Lists

Discussion in 'Balance Discussion' started by Jules, May 3, 2020.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

1. Create a tier list for fighters or mercenaries
    2. Download or screenshot the image
    3. Upload the image here with the patch number
    I'll update this tier list maker whenever we release a new unit.

If you prefer, upgrades are included here.

Below is an example purely for illustrative purposes:

Patch 5.06
    2020-05-03_22h38_43.png

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Bonny likes this.
  2. Bonny

Bonny Member

3. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Could we please also get the upgraded units in there? Would be useful for fighters with multiple upgrades or if base is weaker/stronger than the upgrade.

4. Jules

APS added now. I think that's everything.
    Added!

5. Shiba Tatsuya

Shiba Tatsuya Member

5.07a
    That's a list of my prefererences, not a general tier list by any means^^
    Although my list is mostly composed of how strong a unit feels when I have it.
    my-image.png

Jules likes this.
  6. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

I think making a tier list in the current state of the game is pretty difficult. Some units are really good combined with other units, while others are great if you have a certain legion spell active in the game. However, some units are just completely broken and personally I've been abusing them to no end.

Grarl is a must pick. Paying 15 gold to cheat out a big unit like a Tier 6 unit or an upgrade is pretty nuts. And on top of that, you can upgrade it into a NATURAL tank or a healing aura, both of which are really good upgrades.

Ranger is a must pick. She's a pretty weak unit to place on her own, however her upgrade to Daphne breaks the game. Holding 10 is almost free, unless you are far behind or greedy with workers

Sand Badger is a pretty nuts unit in the early game and scales well late-game. Not a must pick but always a really good pick.

Peewee/Veteran is broken. Solid T1 arcane tank with pierce damage. That pretty much covers most of rounds 1-10 and boosting them makes them a hypercarry that round.

Berserker/Fatalizer is broken. Berserker is a decent unit on it's own before 11 and really helps you hold 10, and starting from 13 Fatalizer is pretty good as well.

Pollywog/Seraphin/Devilfish is broken. Pollywog itself is pretty weak, however I've heavily underestimated the Seraphin and Devilfish upgrades when I started playing again. Being able to freely swap between ranged and tank forms, this unit is useful in some way in every wave from 1 to 9, only getting weaker at 10.

I recently started picking Millenium in my rolls and it's been performing great. Until 15, this unit deals really good damage, even on swift waves. And this unit is tanky enough to (off-)tank magic waves as well. And it gets completely nuts when you buff it with a few auras.

It's hard to lose when you cheat out an Eggsack early and your Hydra is ramping up. Unless you mess up your saves and sends, of course.

Soul Gate is just ridiculous with Ocean Templar. Starcaller aura seems to push it's limits as well.

Sea Serpent and Deepcoiler are really good as well if your build supports it. You just completely destroy any backline sends like Lizard, Bazooka, Shaman, Witch, Hermit, 4e... forcing your opponents to heavily modify his sends. Not a must pick but definitely a solid unit.

Oh, and lets not talk about how terrible Priestess/Azeria is. She deals 0 damage and is almost healing the enemy when a safety mole is in play. However, they are lovely units on 15.... and that's pretty much it. lol

This is my personal data from 1200 to around 1700 elo.

Jules likes this.
  7. Shiba Tatsuya

Shiba Tatsuya Member

Priestess pretty much useless without auras, yeah.
    Her upgrade deals stupid amounts of damage with either Steed or any attackspeed buff, amounting to a unit spamming triple attacks with close to 2 attacks per second due to her own buff, that also heals her. A single Azeria killed one wave 15 boss on her own with just a steed as support in one of my games.

Edit: They also pretty much destroy 11 and are decent on 12-14. 16 no issues either, 17 sucks, 18 insane again. But maybe thats just me, cuz I really spam em whenever I can :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    foliesseer likes this.
  8. Zidi

Zidi Member

I think the Azeria is very strong - as mentioned she can dominate waves 11, 15 and 18, and I have found her fairly strong on 13 as well. The priestess however is fairly weak. Perhaps with a Daphne they would be alright units by themselves, but they are too vulnerable to the safety mole.

I really like Desert Pilgrims myself. The heal is very strong early game.

EDIT

I just did an experiment and got at an Azeria on 6. It was extremely strong on 6 and 7 (the game ended on 8). They couldn't deal enough damage to stop her healing back most of her health.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  9. Jules

AppleBloom likes this.
  10. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

My tier list for mercenaries :

upload_2020-9-14_11-38-36.png

For informations :
    - Brute is only strong till wave 9. After wave 9, it is almost useless since, obviously, there are too much units. Also, it is really strong on wave 7 considering the wave.
    - 4 Eye is at the moment one of the best mercenary. However, I think this is due to the weakness of shaman and kraken more than the power of 4 eye itself.
    - Siege ram is pretty strong considering the meta.
    - fiend and drake feel really weak at the moment due to brute power

Jules and foliesseer like this.
  11. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

This tier list is pretty much spot on. Siege ram is insane, Pack Leader and Shaman are good but feel lackluster and Witch has too little impact. However I do think Fiend is in a fine spot right now (B tier, he is a good niche against players with a lot of impact or swift units). Drake just feels bad to send for a 120 unit compared to Mole, double Brute, etc.

Jules likes this.
  12. Lehtarg

Lehtarg Member

It's how I feel about the units at the moment and changes all the time while as I keep playing and learning.

I'll probably never change my mind about hydras though, as long as there are no major changes. They are so absoloutely useless it's really sad. I want to like them, I want them to be usefull. But the tradeoff of spending so much gold without any benefit for the next two waves combined with the insecurity if you might leak and lose the egg, or even your teammate leaking too much so you cant stop it would be bad enough if the hydra itself was really strong in exchange.
    The thing is it just isn't... it doesnt do much damage, it's not super tanky, it doesnt have any cool ability. Even if you could just straight up build it I wouldnt go for it that much probably.

Attached Files:

13. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Hydra is actually situational. As a starter, it is not that strong since, in most cases, you cannot have a full egg. However, you have just 2-3 build that can hold a brute on wave 3 which means your egg will be full. In this case, your egg start is really strong.
    After the start, it depends a lot of the game. In high income games, this is actually the best late game unit !! But I agree, it is not that easy to use properly.

Mask is at the moment clearly not D (particularly with the new patch). I would place it as B.
    In your classment, do you consider the new patch actually ? I'm really surprised that Priestess is C when it is actually a top tier start at the moment ! Whileshroom, warg and violet are also ones of best units as starter so I would not put it as C. Angler is, for me, only strong with sacred spirit.

Yozora S tier ? Well, I could understand it is A but personnaly I would place it as B.

14. Lehtarg

Lehtarg Member

I just think, that hydra should at least spawn in the same round the egg pops if it is destroyed. I'd like to see a chance to it. It might be the best lategame unit but that is only if you can guarantee the egg survives. the damage taken increase is just too mich imho.

Mask is a personal dislike, I regularly see people do very well with them, I just dont really see their value and I dont like them.
    I am considering the new patch, I have not played enough to have a good picture of every unit yet though.
    Priestess is something I rarely used and never had any great experience with, Vileshroom and Angler should probably be in a higher tier I find Angler too situational though and theres better alternatives than vileshroom in Gargoyle/sand badger imho.
    Warg I find complicated to place, as it is a good unit but its inability to be decently paired with auras makes him a c tier for me as there are so many great synergies possible with other units.
    Violet can be pretty strong I guess? I never can fit in into my builds in a way that feels like it's worth it though.

Yozora is a one of a kind tank and once upgraded I feel it is the most useful lategame tank. Imho it does something that no other unit can do what makes it special.

I only made that tier list today, and there's already quite a lot I would like to change :D It's a lot of personal taste so take it with a grain of salt and not as an actual guide or something :D