1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Universal Unit Placement Template

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Meatsim009, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Meatsim009

Meatsim009 Member

Hi all

When looking at various written / video strategy guides for this game, one thing that has bothered me is all the different ways of telling people how many squares up, down, left and right units have to be.

I figured that if we were to use the simple "x" and "y" axis of graph coordinates, we could create a universal (and easy) way of letting our viewers know exactly where to place, upgrade or sell a unit.

So, I've created an excel file and a snip picture for reference

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Bolle, ZeroEna, Twig and 1 other person like this.
  2. Meatsim009

Meatsim009 Member

So, using Eisotrop and Weilbockt's video forsaken guide and da_matty's written version of it as an example (and Freshairkaboom's mathamatical advice)-

Wave 1: Nightmare (4x 10y) {red square - shown for reference only}
    Wave 2: Bone Warrior (6x 11.5y) {green square - shown for reference only}
    Wave 3: Upgrade to Dark Mage (6x 11.5y) {green square - shown for reference only}
    Place Gargoyle (6x 12.5y) {yellow square - shown for reference only}

and later, when you have to add a butcher (5x 10.5y) {blue square - shown for reference only}

[​IMG]

It's hoped that in written guides, placement could be simplified to names and coordinates. Even further than this, the whole writing in sentences could be minimized by using abbreviations.

GUIDE
    [W#] = Wave Number
    [N] = Night
    [D] = Day
    S = Send
    W = worker
    Sup = Supply
    P = Place
    U = Upgrade
    $ = sell
    (#x #y) = coordinates
    (Opt) = Alternate option

[W1 - N]
    P - Nightmare (4x 10y)
    S - Snail?
    [W1 - D]
    W - +1
    S - Snail

[W2 - N]
    P - Bone Warrior (6x 11.5y)
    [W2 - D]
    S - Snail?

[W3 - N]
    P - Gargoyle (6x 12.5y)
    U - Dark Mage (6x 11.5y)
    OR
    P - Gargoyle (7x 13y)
    [W3 - D]
    W - +1?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Me and Noobs likes this.
  3. Freshairkaboom

Freshairkaboom Member

I like this, though mathematically, you would place the coefficient before the variable, like so: [4x, 10y]. The hard brackets is usually how you differantiate vector coordinates from normal coordinates, so I will use normal brackets instead, like so: (4x, 10y). My personal way of placing Forsaken combo is:

W1: Nightmare (3x, 11y) +1 worker
    W2: Bone warrior (3x, 10y)
    W3: Upgrade bone warrior to dark mage, Gargoyle (5x, 12y) +1 worker if they send
    W4: Gateguard (6x, 10y) if no worker bought on W3, otherwise nothing. +1 worker if no worker on W3
    W5: Butcher (5x, 11y) - If I can't afford, for example due to straight saving from enemy, another gateguard (7x, 10.5y)
    W6: Two gargoyles (6x, 12.5y) and (7x, 13y) +1 worker during day

This is just an example of what I try to do. I obviously try to get butcher before wave 6, but other than that, I adapt my build for what I can afford, and how much I can punish the enemy or have to counter an early all-in for instance.

Meatsim009 likes this.
  4. Meatsim009

Meatsim009 Member

Have you got a full guide of your build posted? How does it compare against Eisotrop and Weilbockt's?

5. Freshairkaboom

Freshairkaboom Member

I don't know their full build, but I'll write the rest when I have the time, if you want. The problem is, beyond wave 6, it's usually so different every wave, because of how I keep my economy. I don't think build beyond that point, just a general reference for how I'm placing my units.

6. Ronjack

Ronjack Member

@Meatsim009 What do you think?:) I am currently develop an creator for android where you can simply create an guide with some clicks. Similar to your template :) If u have some good ideas for this guide creator you can tell me.

-->