Update #45: Alpha Online for All Preorderers!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jules, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Happy August, everyone!

If you haven't already, join the Legion TD 2 Discord to keep in touch with the community and devs!

Alpha Online for All Preorderers!

Big news! As of today, the alpha is available to all preorderers. If you backed the Kickstarter or preordered, you can playtest the alpha by clicking "Play" in Steam. If you are unable to, let us know on our
    support forums.

The alpha is a pre-launch testing ground for the game. You may encounter full servers, performance issues, bugs, and disconnects. Many features, including Mac support, matchmaking, and video/sound options are unfinished. Your profile and stats will not be saved. The purpose of the alpha is to playtest and provide feedback. If you'd rather just play for fun, please wait until the game is released in Early Access.

The game is officially unreleased and is not currently available for purchase/preorder or open to the public. In the meantime, we will continue sending out alpha keys (100 per day) to those interested in playtesting.

Game Basics Tutorial

Especially if you're new to the alpha, make sure to check out LForward's 2-minute video tutorial explaining the basics of the game. In the future, we'll build out a more formal in-game tutorial and resources for learning the game.

Legion Insignia Concepts

Behold the insignia concepts for Element, Forsaken, Grove, and Mech. These insignia represent the four currently-playable factions of Legion TD 2. As we design more legions, each will be accompanied by a unique insignia. What you see here is a sneak peek and not the final versions.

insignia_w.png

July Development Highlights

For a detailed list of changes, see the patch notes on our alpha forums.

DESIGN
    • Significant iteration on game design and balance
    • General improvements to the game client
    PROGRAMMING
    • Significant bug fixing and game stability improvements
    • Significant networking refactoring and optimizations
    • Unit pathing and targeting improvements
    • Added support for Windows 32-bit
    ART
    • Completed concepts for legion insignia
    • Started rendering legion insignia
    WEB

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Rave, Samantha and deutscherhawk like this.
  2. deutscherhawk

deutscherhawk Moderator

Free alpha for all preorders! Huge influx of players coming thats awesome!!!!

Cornep likes this.
  3. Vadim

Vadim Member

How can I access the game? Can I buy it?

4. Rave

Rave Member

5. ithion

ithion Member

Is it just me or does it feel like it not that much has happened this monthly update? Sort of disappointed tbh.

6. Themryon

Themryon Member

I have the same feeling.
    Perhaps because they did a lot of "not seeable"-things like bugfixing + network upgrade
    I would like to see more visible changes like not ending the application and the options

Lisk likes this.
  7. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Yes, exactly. The number of crashes/disconnects/freezes has been reduced significantly in the past month.

These are being worked on this month.

Themryon likes this.
  8. Kanetroll

Kanetroll Member

So basically if you didn't preorder before this announcement, you can only get an invite by opting into alpha? Or can we pay to gain access to the game now?

9. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Yeah, that's correct (the first sentence). We disabled preorders since it was confusing to people who thought they could immediately play the game after preordering.

The next milestone will be to open the game for Early Access for everyone. We'll do that after we complete some essential features of the game, such as game options and matchmaking.

Kanetroll likes this.
  10. Kidzin

Kidzin Member

Is there any rough idea when would that be? Honestly LTD2 kind of dropped out of my mind and i missed kickstarter, so i'm just literally waiting for steam preorder opportunity.