1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update #51: New legion + 2v2 + Growing the playerbase!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jules, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Myrmiron

Myrmiron Member

Actually great idea!
    4v4 for playing casual with your friends, 2v2 for hardcore climbing!

Gawil likes this.
  2. Der Geo

Der Geo Member

I like it.
    99% of my games are solo/duo games so its not a change for me.

This is the way to go if LTD2 will go on the great stage of tornamend or a own leage stage.

Stop cry About 4 vs 4.
    You can play it in casual and costume games.

I think New Player can learn to play much easyr in 2 vs 2 as 4 vs 4.

And maybe if we got permanent 10000+ player they will bring back a 4 vs 4 ranked System.

The only think i dont like is my Spend money to play the game
    If comes the game ftp iam angry About my early greed to play.

Maxim and Lforward fixd me to Hard

3. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Yeah. I don't know what 2k rated players are doing, but forsaken is the only legion with one straight up hard counter slap to the face. It's only a matter of time before the centaurs come out.

Blasti likes this.
  4. ithion

ithion Member

Alright, I'm on my computer and properly awake now so can make some more extended comments about 2vs2.

First, I've played 100+ 2vs2 MM only games by now. Many of those in competitive setting (alpha mole tournament).

In my experience: Communicating your mm rolls is the most important thing. And my only worry, if I go solo queue and my teammate does not quickly mention his/hers rolls then time will be an issue=p It's almost a problem with voice.

*It's easier to feel like you playing well mattered (easier to carry, fewer leaks to kill at king with 1 bad player compared to 3 ;) )
    *Less people to blame for a loss
    *less risk of random dc/afk/troll
    *Will be more noticeable how you can save to help your team (save to keep your enemy on low workers before your teammates upcoming weak wave 1-10)
    *Be smart and help your teammate by applying pressure
    *I think this benefits MM over races actually.
    *Make sure that no matter what you both don't leak the same wave.
    *You can just queue up with a friend and be a full team. No more "oh no I rolled ithion on my team gaaaahhh -ff"

Other things already mentioned:
    *Faster queues
    *Better matchmaking
    *less #venting =p

Final:
    I see a lot of hesitant reactions here, it was the same with locked-lane sending and removal of fog of war. But I predict that just like with both those things "nobody" will want to go back after testing this for a couple of weeks.

5. ithion

ithion Member

We don't play forsaken. It's suicide in high elo =(

6. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

BTW wasn't there an anti griefer for early waves? I just lost 2 games were the guy quit on wave 2.

7. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

index.jpg

I'm so excited to test it !! :D :D :D :D

I don't really understand why people are so angry to play in 2v2 without testing it ! For people who mostly played with 2 or 3 friends, I can understand they don't like at all this change. But for others (and statistically most of people), just stop being so mad of this change. Test it, test it again then give your oppinion.
    And as Jules said, be open-minded ;)

Actually, Jules, you could set normal game in 2v2 and casual game in 4v4 just to compare fastly your data. However, people could just go to 4v4 game to avoid changement... I don't know. Just give you some options ^^

@Jules you didn't say anything about it. Will you add some mercernaries ? I think it could be really good. Particularly with another Legion.

Thanks you again for your work and your answer. :)

8. ThiagoLA92

ThiagoLA92 Member

Sorry, i didn't mean to say that you aren't balancing at all. Just that not all patch/balancing were ever focus on change the team work in the game, mostly 4v4.
    The game have very little interaction with the others teammates when playing, just the classic "everyone send on wave X". It's not surprise that the playerbase is more than 60% solo.

Anyway, i believe that you guys know what are doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, custom games gives xp? or cards? There is any way to implement this? There will be anyway to configure the custom game to be like a normal game? Without elo but with xp and cards drop.

9. ithion

ithion Member

Btw, why tease us with 2vs2 now :( i don't want to wait 12 days! I'm a very impatient person=p

10. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Completely agree !!! Didn't understand when I read this thread but now....

sad.jpg

11. Berserkpinus

Berserkpinus Member

nooooo, if this game would have been 2v2 from the start i would have never bought the game in the first place. same goes for most of my friends who bought the game. i don't really care for custom or casual 4v4. would prefere longer queue times and worse matchmaking if i could choose to play either ranked 2v2 or 4v4. this feels like a serious downgrade to me

Lekker, Banjokazooie and ThiagoLA92 like this.
  12. Prosock

Prosock Member

I have a tendency to feel the same way, I can not fathom this change. Unfortunately there will be no way for us to stop it, with the fanboys already declaring this as the best. Guess ill look for a new game to play aside from CS.

Lekker likes this.
  13. DVLOS

DVLOS Member

Why does it HAVE to be either 2v2 or 4v4 make two queues. Both modes seem fun to try.

14. Crotane

Crotane Member

I do like the idea of releasing new units not in a rush but every couple of weeks, I think that releasing a legion as a whole will cause too much trouble at once in the game.

But, as many people wrote before, I do not like the 2v2 idea. Idk if its because I have not tried it before and I dont like changes in general, but it just feels so good to communicate with so many people every game. You need a lot of coordination and stuff, and I think 2v2 would take a lot of that strategic part away. And regarding the faster que time, I feel like its okay as it is, with 1.7k I rarely have to wait more then 5 minutes. And if I see that correctly if player numbers increase, people will find games faster anyways. Even in League of Legends the best players have to wait sometimes up to 30 minutes and more, so why should it be any different here? I think you are doing too much changes on the basis of the feedback from the fewest players (2k+elo). But you might have insight on things that I cant see so.. Idk will write you a feedback again after you implemented the 2v2. :)

15. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

@Jules , I thought about something :
    In the hypothesis that the game is very known and is massively played (like 500k players per month for example). Maybe it will become possible to develop a new esport game. Don't you think 2v2 format will be a problem to develop a competitive league (or something like this) ?
    I know there a lot of "IF". But I think it is important to know what you would like. But I also guess it is possible to go back on 4v4 when the community will be more active and bigger ?

16. Edward Elric

Edward Elric Member

Honestly what I'm seeing the most are new accounts complaining, those with only 1 or 2 posts specifically about this patch (I happen to be in this category also, but I lean with the patch not against). Most of the individuals here with long pasts in these forums seem to be supporting the idea and backing it up with plenty of facts. Example below.

This very well written description.
    V.S.

When you provide no reasoning it kind of sets the stage on which way the team may lean when it comes to changes, you have the attitude of someone freshly from CSGO or LoL it would seem. Food for thought, for the next time you wish to suggest a change to a game.

17. Blasti

Blasti Member

Most newlings that complain are usually new to development stages of a game, i've been in many, i actually like it to have a voice or an idea to make a game better, even if it's a little bit

But yeah the dev team is doing a good job involving the community in this from ( the start of the launch ) as i've seen it atleast, that will already make this a great game in the future, hell even now it's awesome :)

P.S. FMA is awesome :D

18. Prosock

Prosock Member

Maybe you should read the entire thread.

19. Prosock

Prosock Member

But I can see the the previous reply on Corneps points which ive made on page 1, are abit unclear, as I have made my responses to his points inside the quote, but luckily I can give response to Ithions points.

*It's easier to feel like you playing well mattered (easier to carry, fewer leaks to kill at king with 1 bad player compared to 3 ;) )

I dont know in what games you are in where playing well DOESENT matter, I have won, and lost countless games by the hands of 1 good holder. This wont really be different in a 2v2 setting, as the king is also more weak (am i right?) and there are fewer creeps. However in a 2v2 you will have to read through 4 sets of units, coordinate with 3 other players, to succed, so I dont really see how its a sell point that "in a 2v2 you can only have one noob on your team, instead of 3"

*Less people to blame for a loss

So the ideal teamgame would be 1v1 surely, so you would have noone to blame.

*less risk of random dc/afk/troll

Less risk, but higher cost when you then get a DC/troll. So im sure that evens that arguement out.

*Will be more noticeable how you can save to help your team (save to keep your enemy on low workers before your teammates upcoming weak wave 1-10)

As if this is already not a big factor, its just multiplied and happends on both right, and left side of the map, I dont really see why a 2v2 setting would make it so your lane buddy suddenly should care more about how he manages his sends, other then to make the opponent leak.

*Be smart and help your teammate by applying pressure

That is really the same as was said just above, by saving to pressure the enemy, so he cant go worker bananas

*I think this benefits MM over races actually.

2 sets of MM rolls leave higher chance of bad rolls, and having waves that you are gonna know to be weak from w1, without you having to do about it. In a 4v4 setting you have 4 sets of MM rolls, and with increases the chances of their being 1 player that can be dedicated holder. So I dont see how this would favor MM at all.

*Make sure that no matter what you both don't leak the same wave.

Gr8 tip, in every game ive played so far, all players have this objective, but it kinda seems to not work out for either us, or the other team, but im sure in 2v2, both players leaking will be a thing of the past.

*You can just queue up with a friend and be a full team. No more "oh no I rolled ithion on my team gaaaahhh -ff"

And you cant queue up with 2 og 3 friends other than a retard custom game, or casual, in which you are not guarenteed to team up with your friend.

Other things already mentioned:
    *Faster queues
    *Better matchmaking
    *less #venting =p

Last three are problems caused by the size of the player base, and I will agree that the first two points are true, but less #venting, which i assume means complaining, I dont see happening, this game is frustrating, and things dont go your way, I have lost 100 ELO today, and im kinda pissed about it, but I doubt that a 2v2 setting will be any different at ALL, aside from more complaining, and wanting to insta leave, when you leak early (which will be ALOT more punishing) or when you get a bad roll, and you dont have 3 other team mates that can cover you, only 1, who might also have gotten a roll that wont be super good on a certain wave.

But thanks for calling me out, Edward Elric, I can see that my previous response to Corneps very similar points on this change, are abit unclear, being that I made my response within the quote.

20. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Yea, i also thought his points were kind of empty.
    In terms of gameplay, i can't really see any improvement. Because i think it requires less strategyzing, and is much more luck reliant if we're talking about mm.
    I can see a lot of upsides about match making and player base though, less queue time, not having to play with a trio as a solo queuer and better/easier match making are a fact.

I just hope it's a temporary fix, until we can get a better community for the game. Because playing 2v2 doesn't look appealing to me at all.

Prosock likes this.