v1.58

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Lisk, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v1.58b Patch Notes
    Deployed 2017.11.15.1818

Stability

- Fixed another bug where towers would be missing from the HUD

Mastermind
    - You are now guaranteed a T1 fighter, a T2 or T3 fighter, and a T4 or T5 fighter

Game Balance

King
    - Now smarter about when to cast Judgment (waits longer if there are incoming enemies)

Element

Aqua Spirit
    - Health increased to 390 from 380

Disciple
    - Damage increased to 70 from 69

Forsaken

Gargoyle
    - Health increased to 260 from 250

Butcher
    - Now considered hovering to improve pathing

Nightmare
    - Health increased to 1100 from 1080

Lord of Death
    - Undead Dragon: Damage increased to 74 from 71

Hades
    - Imp: Damage increased to 65 from 60

Waves

(13) Drill Golems
    - Health decreased to 3000 from 3050

(15) Quadrapuses
    - Quadrapus: Damage increased to 115 from 110
    - Giant Quadrapus: Damage increased to 460 from 440

Mercenaries

Four Eyes
    - Damage decreased to 105 from 110

v1.58a Patch Notes
    Deployed 2017.11.15.1032

Minor game patch.

Player Count
    - Fixed a bug with online player count not counting people in lobby

Mastermind
    - Improved usability (Added green borders to make it easier to see which fighters are checked)

Stability
    - Fixed a bug where towers would be missing from the HUD when playing mastermind

Reconnecting
    - If you fail to select a legion, bots will now pick random legion (excluding Mastermind) rather than selecting Mastermind. Previously they always selected Mastermind, which was a bug.
    - If you fail to select a legion, a bot won't take over until the second decision phase (~10s remaining) instead of taking over at the first decision phase. This gives players more time to reconnect and select their legion.

Environment
    - Minor touchups

v1.58 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2017.11.14.1655

Client Updates

Partying
    - Party join order is now attempted to be preserved between games (so that you'll be in the same lanes - useful for crossing)

FairPlay
    - Fixed a bug where a bot wouldn't leave even after you came back from being AFK (added some failsafes)

Chat
    - @mentions no longer play sounds when mentioned in chat history

Players Online
    - Now shows players this month

Play Menu
    - Renamed "Practice" to "Play vs. AI" to make it clear you are still playing the full game

Game Updates

NEW: Mastermind v2.0
    We revamped how Mastermind works to allow for even more replayability as well as make it (hopefully) a bit stronger.
    - You are now given 9 rolls, and you choose 6 to keep
    - Every roll can come from any tier
    mmv2.jpg

Pathing & Targeting
    - Fixed a bug where units would occasionally get stuck (reverted some more aggressive v1.48 pathing changes)

Mana
    - All units with mana now have 1 mana regen/sec for clarity (no effect to gameplay)

Camera
    - Fixed a bug where middle-clicking the HUD would cause the camera to scroll erratically

HUD Layout
    - HUD elements are all now movable via holding CTRL+SHIFT. A draggable border will appear that you can use to reposition any HUD element.
    - HUD Layout is now saved
    - You can now restore default HUD layout in Interface Options

HUD Misc
    - Fixed a bug where clicking HUD elements would trigger a click on the unit behind it (if there was a unit there)
    - Added tooltips for resources
    - Clicking the shield button now brings you to your towers. The shield button is now always on during the night and off during the day.
    - Now a bit more consistent with text wrapping (tweaked width and forced scrollbar)
    - Pinging the wave timer during night now displays recommended value
    - In-game guide windows can now be toggled with F11/F12

Post-Game Stats
    - Fixed a bug with MVP score where the West team was still using the old MVP score formula, resulting in higher scores
    - MVP Score is now displayed as a bar
    - Waves tab now shows team total fighter values

Cosmetic
    - Fixed a bug where town lifebars/minimap icons would be rendered when they shouldn't have been (lifebars/minimap graphics weren't properly reset after a game)
    - Added some new voiceovers for victory/defeat/welcome

Reconnecting
    - Fixed a bug where a player who left during the loading screen could pick a new legion even after the bot had already picked one
    - Fixed a cosmetic bug that allowed you to see enemy towers in the fog from past rounds
    - Fixed a bug where if you disconnected before you selected a legion, you were unable to deploy fighters

Workers
    - Fixed a bug where there were slight inconsistencies with when Wave 1 workers started harvesting mythium

Game Guide
    - Various improvements

Environment
    - Fixed some floating trees and terrain glitches

Stability
    - Fixed a rare bug where players wouldn't load into the game properly if one player loaded before other players connected (added a failsafe)

Game Balance

Element

Disciple
    - Damage increased to 69 from 68

Fenix
    - Health decreased to 3550 from 3600

Forsaken

Bone Warrior
    - Attack speed increased to 0.91 from 0.9

Lord of Death
    - Undead Dragon: Damage increased to 71 from 70

Hades
    - Now spawns slightly fewer Imps immediately but overall at a faster rate (overall buff if Hades lives longer than 6 seconds)

Grove

Buzz
    - Attack speed (attacks per second) increased to 1.03 from 1.02

Daphne
    - DPS increased to 78 from 77
    -- Attack speed decreased to 0.76 from 0.77 (same as Ranger)
    -- Damage increased to 103 from 100

Honeyflower
    - Damage decreased to 10 from 20
    - Fragrance: Damage increased to 6 + 0.6% from 5 + 0.4%

Deathcap
    - Damage decreased to 40 from 85
    - Noxious Scent: Damage increased to 25 + 1% from 15 + 0.6%

Banana Bunk
    - Barbs: Reflect damage increased to 15 + 10% from 10 + 10%

Banana Haven
    - Thorns: Reflect damage increased to 35 + 15% from 30 + 15%

Mech

Fatalizer
    - Health decreased to 4450 from 4500

Mercenaries

Four Eyes
    - Death Stare: Damage amplification to king decreased to 2% from 2.5% (20% at max stacks from 25%)

Waves

(13) Drill Golems
    - Health decreased to 3050 from 3100

(15) Quadrapuses
    - Quadrapus: Damage increased to 110 from 105
    - Giant Quadrapus: Damage increased to 440 from 420

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
    AntiDox, Rave, awesomeful and 6 others like this.
  2. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

I rly like the Mastermind changes, lets see how its imapct on games
    But is it possible to roll only t1/2?

Jules likes this.
  3. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

You get 1 from each tier (6 units) plus 3 extra of random tiers that you can choose from. In the example there are 2 extra t1s and 1 extra t6.
    Actually now that I look at it again, the only units selected are tiers 1-4... Guess I'm not sure how that works.

To me this seems worse than before. You can be stuck with multiple units you don't want and can't do anything about it.

4. Rave

Rave Member

There is no T5 in the example, I think in theory you can end up with only tier 1s and tier 2s in your roll (even tho very unlikely).. you can pick 6 fighters out of the 9 (for example peewee, buzz, proton, ranger, bazooka and lord of death).. so you are not limited to 1 fighter per tier anymore.. lets see how it will work out ingame

edit: well right now there are only 4 different races and so you need to get atleast 1 tier 3 or higher even when you get all tier 1&2s since you get 9 towers per roll

Jules likes this.
  5. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

It's not possible to roll only T1/T2 because there are 9 slots and only 8 possible T1/T2 fighters.

The chances of rolling 4 T1, 4 T2, and 1 T3 is .0003%. It will happen once on average every 327,000 games you play.

If it becomes an issue, we can add restrictions to the randomization (e.g. you can't roll more than 3 fighters from any tier).

You can choose any 6 fighters from the 9 rolls. You don't have to pick 1 from each tier.

You're much less likely to get stuck with units you don't want now. No more re-rolling Berserker into Nightmare without any supporting units and having your T5 slot be unused the entire game.

Lisk likes this.
  6. AsK

AsK Member

Disciple
    - Damage increased to 69 from 68

Bone Warrior
    - Attack speed increased to 0.91 from 0.9

Lord of Death
    - Undead Dragon: Damage increased to 71 from 70

Buzz
    - Attack speed (attacks per second) increased to 1.03 from 1.02

Any specific reason for such small chances? Like a wave where it could really matter.

7. Jules

Great question!

1. I'm not afraid to do big design changes (changing the map layout, removing fog of war, redesigning Mastermind, etc.), but when it comes to balance, my philosophy is to be conservative with number tweaks. Sometimes I can be too conservative, but I think it's better than overbuffing or overnerfing. I worked on the balance team when I was at Riot Games (I was the data/balance expert and strategist but wasn't making the individual changes), and my biggest gripe was when designers would overbuff or overnerf champions. It got to the point where players in the community would get sad/fearful when their main champion got popular because it meant it would likely be gutted the next patch.

2. Those actual units are close to balanced but just need small tweaks in the right direction. Lord of Death has a slightly low win rate, but other changes this patch indirectly buff Lord of Death (other Forsaken units being buffed, Mech being nerfed a bit, etc.).

3. The last patch was only 4 days ago, so there isn't much data. Many games do balance patches every few weeks or months. We've been doing balance patches 1-2 times/week. I have confidence that those units are slightly weak, but I don't have enough data/confidence to judge exactly how weak they are, so I'd rather be conservative.

King and Lisk like this.
  8. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Patch is live!

9. Tower_Mazer

Tower_Mazer Member

NEED MORE TIME at the start of the game. The new Mastermind really caught me off guard the start timer is shorter?

*Edit* I read about Mastermind before playing, I just must of needed more time to get a plan. The start timer isn't shorter.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. Chuckxic

Chuckxic Member

Reconnecting
    - Fixed a bug where a player who left during the loading screen could pick a new legion even after the bot had already picked one

Not that I've been affected by this "bug", but it didn't sound bad actually. Now, getting a random legion after a DC may be frustating a bit.

11. ChuChuZ

ChuChuZ Member

Ooo Spicy MM changes, should be good fun :)

Lisk likes this.
  12. Awesome-O

Awesome-O Member

Looking forward to try new MM, as a MM only player i make sure to test it good :)

Glad wave 13 get slightly less hp, so its more common to hold it (many games ended, when saving 10 and send 13)
    Shamans on 15 will be nice now :)

Still hope to see king upgrades for early acces and aura range increased, so its a bit more friendly to work with.

awesomeful likes this.
  13. Awesome-O

Awesome-O Member

i just had a bug in MM, after selling a tower wave 2, i got stuck in a unit and cant get to build anything. (cant get back to the build menu)

14. Themryon

Themryon Member

The main problem was that the bot had already build some stuff from his pick "grove" for example. After you reconnect you picked "element" for example and suddenly you have 2 type of race-units in your lane. This is a no go.

Lisk and Jules like this.
  15. Jules

I believe this bug was introduced this patch and is something we'd like to fix ASAP. If you can post a bug report with your logs, we can look into it. Without logs, it's almost impossible for us to fix.

Lisk and Cornep like this.
  16. Talerius

Talerius Member

Maybe it's possible to pick up the most played legion of a disconnected player from the database and let the bot pick this legion, this could higher the chance that the reconnecting player considers the bot-picked legion as good.

17. Themryon

Themryon Member

I don't think we should overthink it (get it? :p ). Just let the bot pick a legion (not mastermind) near the end of the choose legion phase. If you disconnected on the end, you have bad luck. Personally i never had a disconnect.

18. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

19. Mosl

Mosl Member

after playing a bit new MM I like to say: its fun, but sometimes super bullshit --> no T1 or T2 unit a couple of times, recently none of both in one game, which makes a game pretty unbalanced.

My suggestion would be to make it 1of each Tier + 3randomed

Or atleast 1 of T1+2, 1of T3+4 and 1 of T5+6 and rest randomed

Edit: After thinking about it again, I think it would nice to make it 6rolls, you can choose 3 to get an alternative offered and then decide what you take (6 from T1 to T6 ofc)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Jules, Rozwel, LForward and 2 others like this.
  20. Atze-Peng

Atze-Peng Member

As a long time dota-player since before Icefrog took over (you LoL-pleb) I have to agree. I think in the Dota/LoL-style games the big balances changes are probably to keep the game fluctuation and thus create more "change" as a means of pushing a meta-game shift. But on a pure gameplay PoV I definitely think smaller balance-tweaks are the way to go as WC3 for example did.

Jules likes this.