v1.73

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

v1.73 Hotfix 1 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.2.6.2135

(6) Rockos

- Health: 850 -> 800
    - Damage: 43 -> 38
    - Fixed a bug where Impale was not doing reduced % against the king

v1.73 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.2.6.2006

New Major Feature: Casual Queue

upload_2018-2-6_19-47-57.png

Casual Queue
    - Cards, XP, and Essence are enabled
    - FairPlay is enabled (you can be suspended for leaving/AFKing frequently or griefing)
    - Stat tracking and rating changes are disabled
    - Matchmaking matches you with players of all skill levels
    - Partying will guarantee you get in the same game, but not necessarily on the same team (The reason parties may be split up is that teams would be impossible to balance if, say, a group of high-rated players decided to party in Casual Queue)

Casual Queue is intended for trying new builds, playing with friends of different skill level, and enjoying more relaxed games. Normal games should remain the default way to play the game.

Level requirements
    - Level requirement for Casual: 1
    - Level requirement for Normal: 2 -> 3

Game Updates

- Tuned recommended values for players and bots
    - Fixed a bug where wave 21 would fail to spawn

Game Balance

Emergent balance changes in response to v1.72

King
    - Fixed a big where the king would upgrade on waves 2/5/8/11/14/17/20 instead of on 3/6/9/12/15/18/21

Mercenaries
    - All mercenaries nerfed by ~8%

Mercenaries are too strong after the 20% reduced cost from v1.72. This change should also make constant saving in high Elo a bit less effective.

Snail
    - Health: 300 - > 280
    - Damage: 13 -> 12

Lizard
    - Health: 370 -> 320
    - Damage: 25 -> 24

Fiend
    - Damage: 30 -> 27

Brute
    - Health: 870 -> 800
    - Damage: 48 -> 46

Dragon Turtle
    - Health: 820 -> 760
    - Damage: 39 -> 37

Hermit
    - Health: 800 -> 720
    - Damage: 40 -> 36

Dino
    - Health: 1450 -> 1330
    - Damage: 58 -> 54

Safety Mole
    - Health: 1400 -> 1290
    - Damage: 71 -> 65

Drake
    - Health: 1400 -> 1300
    - Damage: 90 -> 83

Pack Leader
    - Health: 1900 -> 1720
    - Damage: 85 -> 80

Mimic
    - Health: 2200 -> 2040
    - Damage: 141 -> 131

Ghost Knight
    - Health: 2530 -> 2400
    - Damage: 166 -> 149

Four Eyes
    - Health: 2300 -> 2130
    - Damage: 105 -> 96

Centaur
    - Health: 3700 -> 3370
    - Damage: 160 -> 146

Shaman
    - Health: 3200 -> 2950
    - Damage: 182 -> 168

Kraken
    - Health: 7100 -> 6580
    - Damage: 250 -> 232

Waves

(6) Rockos
    - Impale: No longer stuns
    - Impale: Now each attack amplifies damage taken by 4% (1% against the king), stacking up to 20 times

(10) Granddaddy
    - Attack speed (attacks per second): 1.96 -> 2.08

(20) Maccabeus
    - Damage: 600 -> 800

Hitting wave 21 should be a rare feat

(21) Legion Lords
    - Legion King: Damage: 1200 -> 1350
    - Legion Lord: Damage: 200 -> 225
    - Total bounty: 120 -> 0

Client Updates

Post-game Stats
    - Fixed a bug where rating changes didn't take into account new player multipliers from the previous patch (actual rating changes remain unchanged)

Loading Screen
    - Fixed some cases where your rating wasn't up to date (Cache is now updated when you queue up for a game)

FairPlay
    - Fixed a bug where mutes would go away after one game (automated 24-hour mute now last either 24 hours, or 3 games)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
    Kermode Bear, alfwarone, Twig and 4 others like this.
  2. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

thank you for killing rng on 6, some games were so frustrating because of that xD
    mercs train is dead, was fun the time it was alive.
    Thank you for the casual queue ! can't wait to test weird (aka shitty/all in) build without killing my elo !

(do you guys sleep sometimes ?)

3. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Jules just took your new toy away, and I'm laughing.

4. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Nice, time for testing.
    Really afraid about the casual queue though, if it harms ranked too much will you guys revert it?

Twig likes this.
  5. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

maybe queue will be a bit longer but it will be more intense imo, we tag ranked to win, bring the salt.

6. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Casual Mode:
    Finaly! Now new players have more time to learn the game before they play ranked and its easier to test stuff without elo getting affected.
    I hope it wont increase que times to much.

Mercenaries:
    Yep Mercenaries where to strong. The nerf was needed.
    Now the game is faster and more fun with 20% reduced myth-cost but sends wont be to op.
    But i think alot of games will reach Wave21 now. Due to the extra income people could easily overbuild. Now with weaker Mercenaries it will be even harder to make your enemies leak.
    (But it was really a fun day to play with 1.72. It felt like a fun mode)

Waves:
    I really like that Rockos dont stun anymore. The random factor could be frustrating. No more lucky saves or unlucky leaks.
    Granddaddy Buff is also good. My experience was, that the boss to weak.

Great Patch! I really like it and im excited to test it!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    TheRatedR and Lisk like this.
  7. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

i totally agree with u except for one part: wave 21 will be reached nearly never now i guess :D
    wave 20 was buffed 3 times now.. yesterday i had about 8500 value and couldn't hold it with a big send, so i would guess it's better to skip 19 now ( if u are sure u can hold it ) and go all in 20 cause most "late" games will end there now

EinfachManuel likes this.
  8. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

really, really nice patch btw :)
    i think the game is now absolutely on the right way.
    Good Job there !

Twig likes this.
  9. Akitos

Akitos Member

Gotta be honest here, I am a bit sad about the mercenary nerf and concerned to why we don't see any nerfs to 7 vs king (????). I wish you would've given players more time to adjust to mercenaries being stronger. Income sending should never outlast saving. Income sending should be a last resort when you're desperate, not an optimal "strategy". I was really happy to finally see a balance state, where income sending was essentially not viable anymore, which reminded me, and others, of the wc3 LTD we all know and love (<3). Income sending is something that people do whenever they don't have a better plan and/or have been put (or put themself) into a very uncomfortable situation, where the enemy starts saving onto you with a weak wave in range, but the enemy has all the upcoming waves covered very well and is probably also ahead. So in other words: a desperation play! Why exactly is it that you want this to be a good play? I've had games on 1.72 where people tried to simply income send their way through, so we got to freely push and gather up amounts of myth that no value can hold if sent on the correct wave. THAT WAS AMAZING! No more braindead "we have good lategame rolls -> income send" nonsense. Couldn't you have given it more time? :( All people had to realise was that they cannot expect to hold pretty much all waves based on value and maybe a couple towers that are good at that wave. With the mercenaries in 1.72 you had to finally OPTIMIZE heavily against certain waves in order to be a holder, and yes, that made you weak on others. That's how it's supposed to be! I am not a fan of giving people the chance to hold every wave, takes a lot of depth out of the game. Not to mention that, with income sending, you give the enemy all the time in the world to pick the correct level to send... It should be obvious that this is something that is not supposed to work out if the enemy picks the correct wave to send. You can somewhat control when your enemy has to send, due to applying pressure. That's what this game is all about, pressure. If you income send, you concede pressure. Conceding pressure should not be rewarded :(

awesomeful, Twig and Jester95 like this.
  10. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I agree with you that incoming should generally not be the optimal strategy, and I love that back-and-forth saves are the common strategy in competitive/high Elo play. I think it's possible to be too extreme in one direction though, which is why we tuned mercenaries down a bit. I don't think an 8% nerf suddenly makes pure incoming optimal. Having pressure is still going to be rewarded, and if it's not, we'll make sure to fix it.

I think one major difference between LTD2 and LTD is that LTD2 gives you vision of the opponents' fighters, so if they optimize heavily against certain waves, you can just avoid sending on those waves. In both games, there is a mind game/poker/risk-taking aspect, which is a lot of fun.

Regarding wave 7, I'll keep an eye on it. I think the across-the-board nerf to mercenaries helps make Pack Leader on 7 less lethal to the king. There are likely some things that need to be tuned (waves, the king, etc.), but we want to evaluate more before making those changes.

Even if you don't agree, I hope that helps clarify our reasoning.

P.S. I love the patch notes reaction videos. I obviously can't fully understand them because I don't speak German, but I watched all of the v1.72 one and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lisk, Akitos, Isotrop and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jester95

Jester95 Member

holy moly.. i was just 3 days away and the whole game changed totally :D
    but i have to agree with a lot of guys here that it was so much fun yesterday.. despite losing on wave 6 in my first 2 games -.-
    will be interesting how the new patch is changing the meta again :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  12. DEUS DEL PUERCO

DEUS DEL PUERCO Member

Hi, really nice patch i was waiting for casual for so long <3

By the way : "- Partying will guarantee you get in the same game, but not necessarily on the same team"
    It will be hard to test cross build in real situation due to this, and i think lot of people want to play with their friends instead of againts, maybe you can think about changing it ?

Have a good day

Jester95 likes this.
  13. Twig

Twig Member

Nice patch!

I think casual mode wont affect ranked too much, because in low elo there re enough players for booth queues and high elo will stay on ranked most of the time i believe..

I like the shifted king lvl ups nerfing the current op waves 12 and 16..

Im afraid of the incoming income meta (lol) tho.. was so strong before the merc nerf already

TheRatedR likes this.
  14. fonte

fonte Member

Didn't have the opportunity to test yet but I can already thank you for casual queue, great great job boyz wp

Kermode Bear likes this.
  15. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Perfect. My thoughts exactly when i saw the patch, but i wanted to do some testing before anything.
    1.72 was the version i had the most fun in the game so far, even if it opened the door to a lot of possible cheeses, but that is fine if its possible to adapt to it.
    I thought the way you guys would go about it was tweaking some of the troublesome early waves, like 6 and 7. And possibly minor changes to a couple of mercenaries, because that would keep encouraging what i think was the best meta, in terms of viable strategies, trading sends, macro strategies between lanes(having holders for specific waves).
    Hope you guys can shift towards it again!!

Akitos likes this.
  16. Lyrcay

Lyrcay Member

7 was (is ?) deadly with a pack, taking down 2k+ hp while being attacked by nasty magic human slim was a pain

17. Akitos

Akitos Member

It really does, and I actually agree with what you say. I am very happy with the direction the game is taking right now, and I really hope the community thinks the same.

Nice to hear that you like the videos, despite you not understanding what I say :'D I am trying my best to help promote the game and I couldn't be happier with how much positive feedback and support I get from the community.

Jules, Lisk and TheRatedR like this.
  18. Kermode Bear

Kermode Bear Member

Yeeeaaahhhhh! Casual Queue! Woohoo! Now I can play around and try weird stuff and not hear people screaming "OH MY GOD MY PRECIOUS ELO!!!"

Thank you!

19. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

That's a good point - maybe duos will stick together, but not trios/quads. What do you think?

The goal with splitting parties was (1) try to get people into games as fast as possible (2) keep things as fair as possible without sacrificing (1). But I agree it is frustrating if you can't test out your cross build.

Kermode Bear likes this.
  20. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

btw. is it possible to make parties with 5-8 people for casual now?

Jules and Kermode Bear like this.