1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v1.74

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

v1.74 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.2.7.2148

Relatively small patch with pathing improvements, bug fixes, UI improvements, and some light balance changes. Big feature patch coming next week.

Game Updates

Pathing & Targeting
    - Fighters are now less likely to be fully stuck behind other fighters (they will now squeeze through to the front after being stuck for a short time)

Game Balance

Intentionally avoiding too many balance changes as we continue evaluating the effects of v1.72 and v1.73. Expect a larger balance patch next week.

Waves

(10) Granddaddy
    - Leak gold to opposing team: 40 -> 60

(15) Quadrapuses
    - Giant Quadrapus: 460 -> 480
    - Quadrapus: Damage: 115 -> 120

(21) Legion Lords
    - Pillage gold is now disabled
    - Mercenaries no longer give bounty

Matchmaking Updates

We have some major matchmaking improvements planned for next week.

Normal Queue
    - A player is considered a new player if <20 games instead of <30 games (for the purposes of rating changes)

Casual Queue
    - The matchmaker may add a bot if players are waiting too long
    - Teams are now sorted from high to low rating (this helps make lane matchups fairer)

Client Updates

Scalable Minimap
    - You can now scale up/down the minimap via Interface Options

2018-02-07_21h22_29.png

Tab Scoreboard
    - Now shows game mode in the top left corner
    - Now shows a [D] next to the player who is defending against you

King HP
    - Fixed a bug where it would sometimes show an incorrect value after the King was upgraded

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
  2. SiK Myth

SiK Myth Member

These patch notes are amazing, thank you for being so diligent with patches and most likely losing sleep for. Completely listening to the community and what they are asking for, great work as usual guys!

Tower_Mazer, alfwarone and Jules like this.
  3. SJSpar7an

SJSpar7an Member

It's refreshing to see Wave 15 regaining a bit of strength after the last nerf that turned it from OP to an average wave; surviving Wave 15 has felt like an afterthought especially with the recent flow of high army value/high income games where players can just overbuild for it along with incoming bombs. While it's awesome to see you guys quickly and consistently churn out patches and making refinements to address big issues (i.e., cross balancing), there are still some minor, but glaring bugs that I would like to see addressed (e.g., the mercenary stock count issue):
    https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/mutli-click-bug-on-workers-and-units.11694/

The patches and balances are bringing the game in a positive direction though there will always be a loud minority that oppose change especially with the recent mercenary income changes. I still feel some of the common combat mechanics are being overlooked, that should be prioritized, such as the towers' non-smart focus/targeting that seems to propagate leaks and frustration. I also feel that the overall lethargic pace of the game could be sped up without sacrificing any value or strategy:
    https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/increased-game-speed.11602/
    As it stands, players, especially at higher ranks, players already spend a ton of time queuing, waiting extra time for Wave 1 to start, and then watching those drawn out 1 on 1 tower vs creep battles where any leak add half a minute to reach the king, per wave. Coming from Squadron Tower Defense where most of my games end before 20 minutes, the shorter advertised 25 minute time for Legion TD 2 feels like a pipe dream:
    http://beta.legiontd2.com/featuresgrid

Besides those gripes, I hope to see you guys continue listening to feedback and experimenting with changes to see what sticks.

Jules likes this.
  4. Jules

Appreciate the thoughtful feedback.

Regarding bugs, if it's in the Known Bugs forum (e.g. the mercenary stock issue), it's likely tricky to fix. I'll poke Lisk again to see if he has any potential solutions.

Average game length was actually 24-25 minutes for around 6 months (alpha + first months of early access). In the last few weeks, average game length has increased to around 28 minutes. In low Elo, it's 29-30 minutes. In high Elo, 25-26 minutes.

I agree that games feel a bit long right now, and we will be addressing that in an upcoming patch. Right now, too many games are going to 19-21. I could also see a case for increasing the movement speed of units so that "slow leaks" aren't so damn slow. I plan to address this early next week.

Themryon likes this.
  5. Themryon

Themryon Member

Just wanting to say that i like that you want to decrease the game-time.
    I play regularly Starcraft2 and games are usually maximum 15 minutes. As i don't have a lot of time to game, it is very satisfying to be able to squeeze 3-4 games in one hour. It is maybe a psychologic thing, but isn't it all about the experience?

6. Cappuccino

Cappuccino Member

I know the patch says there will be queue system changes coming next week but I feel like having "ranked solo/duo (normal)" and "non-ranked (casual)" should have been from the start. Custom would fulfill teams and tournaments etc that way it encourages leagues and gets people queuing often solo/duo which dramatically improves the matchmaking system by not having to work with 3/4 stacks. Also drastically easier to balance teams.

There should also have been restrictions like 1200 player and 1900 player not being put same games. Elo restriction of 250~ of average player should be bare minimum (For ranked*) Edit: maybe even for casual, I know it's a lot of pressure and not always fun for low elo players running into 2k players. I wouldn't be surprised if majority of people wanted casual restricted too.

anyway hopefully solo/duo Q is considered before any changes are done.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    ryan40k likes this.
  7. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

I agree with you that a 1200 Elo Player should not be able to play with a 1900 Elo Player in normal (ranked).
    But in casual everyone should be able to play with everyone. Im 1800 Elo currently and i didnt play with a friend of me, because he is 1100 and he was just way to bad to play against 1500 Elo Players.
    Now i can finaly play with him in casual. Its not so frustrating to lose games and we can have some fun together

8. Kermode Bear

Kermode Bear Member

Ah, bots are added to casual now. I was wondering why nobody was talking to me...

It's a good change. I would rather play against one or two people and some bots than not play at all. But... I played against all bots this morning. I would adjust the wait time up a bit or (if possible, not sure how your queuing system is built) allow the user to specify how long they'd like to wait, or have some sort of minimum real player count.

Still - a really nice change and much appreciated. Thank you!

9. Blasti

Blasti Member

The casual is nice, but i agree with Kermode Bear, the waiting time could go up a bit, either way even if you end up against bots you get more Essence and Exp so all in all it's good <3

Kermode Bear likes this.
  10. Akitos

Akitos Member

Sorry for using the thumbnail from last patch, I didn't have time to make a new one yet and my paint skills suck anyway :'D

ryan40k and Blasti like this.
  11. SiK Myth

SiK Myth Member

Damn I would be promoting the shit out of these, if they were in english!

Akitos and ryan40k like this.
  12. Akitos

Akitos Member

Oh well, guess I can't please everyone :( If it would be possible to do a reaction video in two languages I'd do it, but sadly I can only react once (duh) xD Thanks for the feedback tho.

Kermode Bear likes this.
  13. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

subtitles :p

14. Akitos

Akitos Member

Ehh, that's quite a bit of work..^^ Too lazy to do that by myself.

15. ryan40k

ryan40k Member

Why is there no dislike button?

Blasti and Cappuccino like this.
  16. Blasti

Blasti Member

Take my like xD

17. Manegar

Manegar Member

I would like if you decrease the income of mercenaries. The costs are nerfed by 20%, but they give the same income as before.
    You could reduce the income from 6/12/18/... to 5/10/15/... so you can't get overvalued AND have more workers than usual.
    That happend in a lot of my games i've played.
    Also it's just a income nerf from ~15% compared to the 20% cost reduce.
    Maybe it wont change anything, but in my opinion you just have too much gold overall.

Blasti likes this.
  18. Jules

It's a tricky problem to solve. In competitive play/high Elo, incoming is not considered strong. Saving is very meta. Worker counts tend to be around 12 by wave 16. If we nerfed income, saving would be even stronger.

In games going forward, try saving against your opponents (ideally, with your team, but you can also do it on your own). You'll see how effective it is at pressuring them and keeping their worker counts low.

19. SecreT_WeaponS

SecreT_WeaponS Member

Was it intentional that you can't open the profiles of players from Tab Scoreboard anymore?

20. Blasti

Blasti Member

indeed with the Pyro opening on Mech you can do 5 workers and send 3 brutes on 6, it will destroy that person completely, and gives the whole team a little extra, you do get mirked on 6 and 7 but if your team is solid and you stop after 5 workers you will have a lead, and can easily recover and build value