1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v1.76a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Feb 22, 2018.

  1. Jules

    Jules Developer Staff Member

    Messages:
    1,487
    Likes Received:
    1,664
    Trophy Points:
    113
    v1.76a Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.2.22.1820 (PST)


    Addressing some emergent issues from v1.76

    Game Balance

    Legion Spells
    - Now guaranteed at least one spell with immediate defensive capability (Militia, Loan, Sacrifice, Allowance, Hero, Villain, Savior, Reroll)

    Reroll green_arrow.png
    - Gold bonus: +40 -> +80

    Savior green_arrow.png
    - Heal: 20% missing health -> 25%

    Transmute red_arrow.png
    - Now capped at converting up to 200 Gold or up to 200 Mythium (starting value capped)
    - New icons for Transmute, which are much clearer

    Leak Bounty
    - Now more punishing to leak, especially late game
    -- Bounty to leaker: 45% scaling to 0% on wave 20 -> 45% scaling to 0% on wave 16
    -- Bounty to opposing team: 50% scaling to 95% on wave 20 -> 50% scaling to 95% on wave 16, accelerating to 120% on wave 20
    -- Bounty to leaker on wave 10: 90 -> 80

    Waves

    (11) Quill Shooters red_arrow.png
    - Health: 960 -> 1040
    - Damage: 68 -> 64

    Weakening the synergy with tank mercenaries, which allows wave 11 to remain a reasonable threat on its own
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Cornep

    Cornep Member

    Messages:
    646
    Likes Received:
    419
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Oh my that reroll gold bonus.

    Any plans on making some kind of tier limitation to the roll, like 1x tier 5 and 1x tier 6 included as it is later in the game?

    I LOVE the leak changed. It looks like i can't go crazy greedy anymore because leaking punishes you hard enough ;)
     
  3. jqob

    jqob Member

    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    50
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Wow the leak changes are huge, gonna change how people play for sure. Also Reroll would be fine with 60 gold, 80 is too much imo. Rerolling after 10 is already a huge bonus, because you can pick more high tier units, as you are entering mid game, and lower tier become more useless
     
  4. Kringe

    Kringe Member

    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Ouch. Looks like I'll be erring on the side of value from here on out lol.
     
  5. Jules

    Jules Developer Staff Member

    Messages:
    1,487
    Likes Received:
    1,664
    Trophy Points:
    113
    For now, we want to keep it random to increase variety/keep the number of combinations high. Compared to Allowance, you're now only foregoing 20 gold. Even if you made a single swap from, say, Aqua Spirit to Mudman, it's worth the 20 gold.
    Actually had it at 60 at first but decided on 80 for now. Agreed that Reroll is strong, but I think it's a fun spell to be strong (unlike, say, Transmute). If it turns out to be too strong, we'll tune it, of course.
     
  6. ithion

    ithion Member

    Messages:
    573
    Likes Received:
    353
    Trophy Points:
    63
    LIke reroll, w11 and leak gold changes a lot!
     
  7. Lisk

    Lisk Director Staff Member

    Messages:
    2,582
    Likes Received:
    1,071
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Patch is live!
     
  8. Damian Marquez

    Damian Marquez Member

    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    i think its a huge patch just for this...maybe something hidden? =P
     
  9. miaykee

    miaykee Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
  10. TheRatedR

    TheRatedR Member

    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    43
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Sounds awesome ! :D
     
  11. MisOjos

    MisOjos Member

    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Very happy with bounty leak changes. As I see, from time ago, leaking must be an option to execute with the highest precision. That´s because the secret of a won game must be located in the efficient built and in the smart save to make the best mercenaries sent. Good job, pretty game, don´t loose the good way all this is taking step by step.
     
  12. Jules

    Jules Developer Staff Member

    Messages:
    1,487
    Likes Received:
    1,664
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Played 7 games on this patch already, and I'm confident things feel a lot better/more stable.
     
    Twig, Ninetyfive and LeifOneG like this.
  13. BerntDasBrot

    BerntDasBrot Member

    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Highly appreciate the quick Patch and the changes made! Can't wait to test it and see how it plays :)
     
  14. Fortimbras

    Fortimbras Member

    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    3
    I don't understand this one.
    When I tested it in custom game i got 4 gold (66%) in wave 1 and 2 gold (16%) in wave 16 for each enemy he king killed.
    Isn't this 66% scaling to 16% on wave 16?

    Or is leak bounty something completly different?
     
  15. Kringe

    Kringe Member

    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    What Jules was referencing is how much the person who leaked gets. So the individual player who leaked those creeps is getting 45%-0% depending on the wave.
     
  16. Fortimbras

    Fortimbras Member

    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Maybe I should have mentioned I played alone. So I was the leaker and got the Gold when the king killed my leaks.

    Addition:
    I made an other test.
    It appears if the king kills something the leaker gets the leak + the catch value. So my first test was wrong.
     
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  17. Jules

    Jules Developer Staff Member

    Messages:
    1,487
    Likes Received:
    1,664
    Trophy Points:
    113
    It's a bit confusing.

    There are 3 groups that get gold when someone leaks
    1. Leaker
    2. Killer
    3. Opposing team
    If the King kills a unit, all players on your team, including the leaker, are considered the killer, so the gold is split amongst the players on the team (usually 4).

    So in your example, on wave 16, you received 2 gold because the killer receives a constant 15% (15% of 12). This 1.8 gold is divided by amongst all the players on your team, and you were in a custom game by yourself, so it went entirely to you. 1.8 gold means an 80% chance of receiving 2 gold and a 20% chance of receiving 1 gold.
     
  18. Kermode Bear

    Kermode Bear Member

    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    3
    > Now more punishing to leak, especially late game

    Not a fan of this change so far. There's no viable way to catch up once you've fallen behind, and this change makes it even worse. Games are being decided by wave 6 or 7 and it's a long, slow slide all the way to the end.
     
  19. Prosock

    Prosock Member

    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Gee, here i was thinking I was the only one that thought that. Dw, they apparently want games to be decided in first 4 min of playing, and then its just 25 min of rolling down the hill.
     
  20. LeifOneG

    LeifOneG Member

    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    3
    LOL, punishment for leaking is a must in this game and have always been since the first Legion TD. If you leak, it means you play bad basically.
     
    Edward Elric and Thilitium like this.