v1.77a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

v1.77a Hotfix 1 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.3.1.1409

Fixed a bug where new players couldn't choose their usernames.

v1.77a Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.3.1.1232

Client Updates

Crash Fixes
    - Fixed compatibility with Windows Vista (Upgraded to Coherent GT 1.15)

This fixes the missing UI bug for Windows Vista users. Windows Vista users can now play Legion TD 2!

This is also a potential fix for other operating systems. If this issue still occurs for you, please report on the forums.

Debugging
    - Coherent GT logs are now written to file again

Graphics
    - Fixed a bug where antialiasing wasn't working even when enabled via options

Matchmaking

Stricter matchmaking for high-rated players
    - Solos/parties rated 1600-1999: Cannot match with solos/parties rated 300 less than your party (used to be 400)
    - Solos/parties rated 2000+: Cannot match with solos/parties rated <1700 (used to be <1600)
    - Hitting “Find me any game as soon as possible” still increases the threshold by 200 rating. If you are 1800+ and want to find a fast game during off-hours, you should hit the button.

Game Updates

Hiring Mercenaries
    - Fixed a bug where double-clicking a mercenary would use up an extra count if you couldn't afford the second one

Game Balance

Mercenaries

Four Eyes
    - Damage: 96 -> 90

Waves

(13) Drill Golems
    - Damage: 205 -> 200

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Patch is live!!

3. miaykee

miaykee Member

LOVE THIS GAME <3

Akitos likes this.
  4. Kermode Bear

Kermode Bear Member

There's still Windows Vista users out there? o.o

Kudos on you for supporting that!

Lisk likes this.
  5. PitMcKing

PitMcKing Member

Yeah, me.

My PC is an old but gold former CAD Workstation, there is no driver support for anything higher than Windows Vista :-(

6. Kermode Bear

Kermode Bear Member

You poor person! May god have mercy on you!

7. MisOjos

MisOjos Member

I didn´t say, but I had some issues with Windows Vista and this game. Doesn´t test yet, but hope it works as good as sounds. Thank again for this patch.

Lisk likes this.
  8. Myrmiron

Myrmiron Member

Vista is only on a .5% Market Share, XP is where it's at at still almost 7% Market Share!

Actually I kinda wanna try and see what it does on XP now, thank god I have an unused laptop lying around. :)

9. MisOjos

MisOjos Member

Yeah, kind of wierd, no? Sorry, people here prefer to be happy with what they have, sometimes free. But I understand, normal people can buy everything they need to be update to the market. Congratulations.

10. Akitos

Akitos Member

Good change, tho it also brings some problems with it, as it makes duo abuse even easier (high elo queing with someone who's just low enough to be below 1,6k avg, now 1,7k, in order to never get into high elo games and thus have easier matches).

11. Themryon

Themryon Member

#AkitosAlwaysHasSomethingToComplainAbout ?

12. Akitos

Akitos Member

No, but that in particular is something that the devs are aware of for quite a long time now, and nothing is being done about it. They introduced completly unnecessary party restrictions with 1.77, which only affected parties that don't exist in the first place and stops high elo teams from getting together (which is kind of bad for the future of competitive teamplay in LTD2). What they did not restrict however was party system abuse, which is frequently done in duo que by many players. So yeah, I do have something to complain about. What's wrong with that? I also give tons of positive feedback (more so than negative tbh). You should be glad there is players like me who view things with a critical eye, instead of criticizing me for it. It may be nice to only get feedback from a bunch of "yes, sir!" guys, who applaud for every change, but that certainly doesn't help the game evolve. We need people to point out possibly negative aspects aswell.

Zitronenritter, PitMcKing and Manegar like this.
  13. Themryon

Themryon Member

True, however you stated that "it makes duo abuse even easier". i fail to see how this patch makes it easier. It is just the same.

14. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Hum. I'm not sure it will resolve the problem but let's try it ;)
    However, I have nothing to propose except up the king after wave 10 which is not a very good solution I think :s

Anyways thanks you for trying to fix :D

15. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

You're right, that it's not easier to do. But it's easier to get to a higher rating, since you can avoid high elo games "longer" or "easier". You can essentially pick from a bigger pool of lower elo players to climb.

While this sort of climbing abuse should be addressed at some point for sure, I don't think it's the biggest issue, even for the couple of high elo players. Sure, they will get less skilled players in their games this way, but the alternative simply is no game at all. You might argue, that waiting longer in the queue is fine, but keep in mind, there's actually not that many active high skilled players (queueing at the same time). You might as well gather 8 people and play in custom games, if you wanted to play at the highest possible skill level. Matchmaking simply can't provide the fair matchup, if there's not enough people queueing.

16. Myrmiron

Myrmiron Member

Not weird at all actually.
    Windows Vista needs 10 times the amount of RAM XP needs, 10 times the storage capacity, and 5 times the processing power.
    Any PC from pre 2006 and any integrated system simply runs better on Windows XP.

17. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

The bug with double-clicking mercenaries has finally been fixed. :D