1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v1.78 & Season 1 End Date

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_0306_season1announce.jpg

Season 1 is Ending

We have major changes coming in March and April that will improve the game, add new content, dramatically improve matchmaking, and attract new players. Stay tuned for a detailed announcement in the next week or two. To commemorate the changes, we are ending Season 1 and entering Season 2.

Season 1 will end on April 9, 2018. At the start of Season 2, there will be a soft rating reset - all players will move closer to 1200 rating.

Rewards:
    • Season 1 Badge: Reach at least level 4. Upgraded for each level you reach beyond 4.
    (all rating badges require at least level 4)
    • Bronze Badge: Finish the season at least 1000 rating
    • Silver Badge: Finish the season at least 1200 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 1300)
    • Gold Badge: Finish the season at least 1400 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 1500)
    • Platinum Badge: Finish the season at least 1600 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 1700)
    • Diamond Badge: Finish the season at least 1800 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 1900)
    • Expert Badge: Finish the season at least 2000 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 2100)
    • Master Badge: Finish the season at least 2200 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 2300)
    • Senior Master Badge: Finish the season at least 2400 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 2500)
    • Grandmaster Badge: Finish the season at least 2600 rating (or achieve a peak rating of 2700)
    Badges will be displayed on your profile and in the loading screen.

v1.78 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.3.6.1845 (PST)

Client Updates

Match Cancellation
    - Fixed a bug where matches with (Closed) slots weren’t canceled

Trophies
    - Class C, B, A renamed to Gold, Platinum, Diamond

Game Updates

Legion Spells
    - Now available for players level 2 and higher

Game Balance

Dual Building
    - Haste: Attack speed: 14% -> 13%

Legion Spells

Militia green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Gold: +400 -> +280
    - Supply Used: -4 -> -2
    - Workers: -4 -> -2

Sacrifice green_arrow.png
    - Gold: +80 -> +90

Savior green_arrow.png

Press the Attack red_arrow.png
    - Mythium: +80 -> +75

Element.png
    Element

Rogue Wave green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Health: 1100 -> 1150
    - Damage: 56 -> 60

Fire Elemental green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Health: 1280 -> 1380
    - Damage: 63 -> 65
    - Combustion: Damage: 150 over 3 seconds -> 80 over 2 seconds

Starcaller green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 180 -> 190
    - Amplify Magic: Mana regeneration: 50% -> 25%

Forsaken.png
    Forsaken

Fire Archer red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 0.91 -> 0.87

Green Devil green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 43 -> 44

Gateguard green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 32 -> 33
    - Chaos Hound: Health: 380 -> 400

Harbinger green_arrow.png

Lord of Death green_arrow.png
    - Undead Dragon: Health: 1000 -> 1100
    - Undead Dragon: Damage: 82 -> 85

Hades green_arrow.png
    - Imp: Health: 500 -> 600

Grove.png
    Grove

Honeyflower red_arrow.png
    - Health: 1330 -> 1300

Deathcap red_arrow.png
    - Health: 3900 -> 3700

Banana Haven red_arrow.png

- Thorns: Reflect damage: 50 + 15% -> 45 + 15%

Mech.png
    Mech

Pyro red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 36 -> 34

Berserker green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Brawler: Damage: 30 (90 to bosses) -> 15 for each consecutive attack against the same target

Fatalizer green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Duelist: Damage: 80 (240 to bosses) -> 40 for each consecutive attack against the same target

Millennium green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed (attacks per second): 0.4 -> 0.41

Doomsday Machine green_arrow.png

Mercenaries

Dino green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 54 -> 57

Safety Mole red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 61 -> 58

Pack Leader red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 85 -> 82
    - Leadership Aura: 8 (20 for bosses) -> 8 (16 for bosses)

Four Eyes green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Health: 2130 -> 2200
    - Death Stare: 8% damage amplification per stack (100% at max stacks) -> 25 damage for each consecutive attack against the same target

Shaman green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Health: 2950 -> 2700
    - Damage: 168 -> 120
    - Blood Rush: Now also increases damage by 50

Waves

Our analysis on wave balance:

The reason there is a wave 13 meta is as follows:
    - Area-of-effect units (Pyro, Banana Haven, Deathcap) are overpowered
    - These units are very weak against waves 10/13 and generally strong against waves 9/11/12
    - This leads to 10 -> 13 meta, especially due to the fact that 3 waves is the sweet spot for saving

We believe the following will disrupt the wave 13 meta:
    - Nerfs to Pyro, Banana Haven, Deathcap will encourage sending on waves 9/11/12 and discourage sending on waves 10/13
    - Nerf to Four Eyes, which is a staple mercenary on wave 13
    - Changes to Berserker/Fatalizer to be stronger counters to wave 13

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
    Twig, foliesseer, raloP and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dundergrabben

Dundergrabben Member

3. holepercent

holepercent Member

Looks like the end of season rush should be interesting

4. Akitos

Akitos Member

I was so excited that I made the patch reaction video in english this time oO

5. Myrmiron

Myrmiron Member

wowowowowow what are you doing to Element?
    Stop nerfing the synergy the towers have!

AhShucks likes this.
  6. Crazysheep

Crazysheep Member

I dont think the nerf is big enough for pyro,flower and haven. Its just a save start with flower and i dont see it changing because of 30 HP change but obv have to test it. I still think the meta wont change and the meta stays on 13 and big reason of that is also the legion spells which provide a big boost to your game so sending on 11 or 12 is really risky but like always high risk high reward.
    Well after nerf i dont think aqua combo start will be good now or atleast you need to be really carefull. I guess time to play Mastermind on this patch so sorry in advance to every high elo player :D. So all in all nerfs not big enough to change the 13 meta and RIP my elements

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  7. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Wow. I really disliked the way you guys went about the meta nerf. Because i don't feel the nerfs to the aoes are relevant enough to change things around in terms of incentive, and you guys basically made a power house unit against wave 13, which is berseker.
    Doppel gets no love at all btw? It's already worse. Atm it's honestly unpickable as mastermind.

Also i think that we lack good early dps focused units, like aqua - fire archers and sometimes bazooka, and its shifting to aquas for life.

8. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Oh nooo.
    Why is the whole grove race nerfed :(
    Almost impossible to hold 13 as grove when they send and now the other waves got nerfed too.

Think grove is out of meta now. Time to start learning Mastermind ^^

Twig and TheRatedR like this.
  9. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

... how many nerfs is this for fire archers now? I read somewhere it's because top rated players use them too much. Well, duh? They're one of the few units you can rely on getting you through six and seven. Are we really trying to make games end on six / seven?

I have so many questions about the hate fire archers are getting, when it's pointless to build harbingers that get mowed down by one 320 send. Is anyone even playing forsaken anymore?

TheRatedR likes this.
  10. TheRatedR

TheRatedR Member

Thats unfortunately true.. they try to balance mastermind, what they obviously did with this change .. but for grove this is a killer..
    but not only grove gets hit hard by this patch: element got another nerf too.. ( and i don't wanna talk about forsaken now :D ).
    I don't want to blame here, cause i really like the MM Meta and to be honest it is much more fun with 75 % MM picked.
    But yeah.. it kinda feels like the whole game gets adapted to specific mastermind tactics and the normal races aren't that good anymore.
    ( even with the reroll legion spell avaiable i prefer picking mastermind over a race atm )

EinfachManuel likes this.
  11. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

^this

12. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Yea. The Reason to pick grove was for wave 9, 11, 12 and 14.
    Now just 14 is left.

But i made it to 2k Elo with grove only and i wanted to learn mastermind anyways. guess its time for it even when im sad that groves best units just got nerfed :/

TheRatedR likes this.
  13. KaC

KaC Member

i dont understand this.... so its bonus 15 dmg with every attack or what???? seems like BIG nerf..... it was 30 and now its 15 and only if this is another attack to the same unit?

14. Gajuner

Gajuner Member

Very interersting patch.

I like having fatalizer as one more amazing 13 unit besides Fenix/violet.

Changes to aqua combo will make it way saver on 3/4 but I guess the nerfs to the combustion dmg are big enough to make up for it later.

Overall race nerfs feel good to make mm in highelo even more competitive (just getting ur same build every game shouldn't be rewarded with reaching 2,2k+)

And well now I got to hunt for the 2,6k rating (will be a tough one)

Looking forward to testing it next Sunday.

15. Enkel

Enkel Member

I think it is 15, 30, 45... with consecutive attack against the same target.

16. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Game Balance

Dual Building
    - Haste: Attack speed: 14% -> 13%
    Interesting buff to Dual Building. However, I don't see anybody build on the cross lane and I won't think this buff will make them reconsider. I think enemy units in Dual Building should get some aura, like 3% damage reduction against spells (against AoE like Pyro or Honeyflower) instead of the flat Attack Speed bonus.

Legion Spells

Militia
    - Gold: +400 -> +280
    - Supply Used: -4 -> -2
    - Workers: -4 -> -2
    Already said in my tier list that Militia was bad. This nerf should put it around the power level of more situational picks like Sacrifice.

Sacrifice
    I don't really think Sacrifice needs the buff, since it fullfills it's niche very, very well already. But we'll see.

Savior
    Savior was already decent. However, do you either A: Want to buff your Whitemane with 500 HP, +5% Damage and +5% Damage Reduction aura's; or B: Heal your king for 25% missing hp and get 90 gold? Well, since you hold the waves better with that Hero buff on Whitemane, you don't need the heal on your king.
    Consider giving savior an additional strength instead of buffing it's current strengths.

Press the Attack
    - Mythium: +80 -> +75
    After I made my post in the Spells tier list topic I realized that Press the Attack was quite strong. You basically get a free Dino for 11, a ranged wave + 24 income. However I don't think -5 Mythium is enough. Maybe give 40 Mythium now, and 40 Mythium the next wave? This delays the income and reduces the send you can do, but it still gives you 80 mythium.

Element

Rogue Wave
    - Health: 1100 -> 1150
    - Damage: 56 -> 60

Fire Elemental
    - Health: 1280 -> 1380
    - Damage: 63 -> 65
    - Combustion: Damage: 150 over 3 seconds -> 80 over 2 seconds

Basically:
    + Both gained HP up

+ Rougue Wave deals 8 additional Pierce damage, Fire Elemental 4 (Including bounce) for a total of 12 extra damage
    // Edit: Actually, DPS increased by ~5 Damage / Second. Overall a nerf, but I still like the changes.

- AoE Reduced to 40 Damage per second (from 50).

Aka, shifted the power from the Combo into the units itself. I really like this change. Maybe also because I asked in my Unit Tier list to shift power away from the AoE and into the units themselves. Also, Rougue Wave is alot stronger to build early on in the game if you are working towards your combo. This is a really good change!

Starcaller
    - Damage: 180 -> 190
    - Amplify Magic: Mana regeneration: 50% -> 25%
    When I read this, I instantly said to myself "LoD/Hades buffs incoming". Good that you shifted power away from the Mana Regeneration and towards the damage output.

Forsaken

Fire Archer
    - Attack speed: 0.91 -> 0.87
    Poor Fire Archers. Also sad that Bone Crusher didn't get nerfed, but since Fire Archers are weaker now I assume Bone Crusher will perform worse on greedy builds.

Green Devil
    - Damage: 43 -> 44
    Unnecessairy in my opinion, but whatever.

Gateguard
    - Damage: 32 -> 33

Harbinger
    These feel like compensation for the Starcaller Aura nerfs and they don't do anything against Centaur hardcountering these two units.

Lord of Death
    - Undead Dragon: Health: 1000 -> 1100
    - Undead Dragon: Damage: 82 -> 85

Hades
    - Imp: Health: 500 -> 600
    Starcaller compensations. The units could use a buff anyway. However I wish you would go from summoning Imps to summoning the Dragon instead. Makes playing against centaur more bearable.

Grove

Honeyflower

Deathcap
    - Health: 3900 -> 3700
    Eh, I read your reasoning and I can kind of agree on the nerfs. Personally I don't think Honeyflowers and Deathcaps are performing well but I don't have any statistics, so yeah.

Banana Haven

- Thorns: Reflect damage: 50 + 15% -> 45 + 15%
    I don't think you should look at Banana Haven if you are already nerfing other AoE's. Going Haven on 12 is now more of a concious decision of being bad 13, and on top of that you nerfed it. But I might be wrong, who knows.

Mech

Pyro
    - Damage: 36 -> 34
    Pyro nerfs again.. Might aswell rework Pyro's Identity instead of nerfing it every single patch.

Berserker
    - Brawler: Damage: 30 (90 to bosses) -> 15 for each consecutive attack against the same target

Fatalizer
    - Duelist: Damage: 80 (240 to bosses) -> 40 for each consecutive attack against the same target
    I assume this is stacking (15 -> 30 -> 45 -> 60). Doppelganger 2.0. No thanks.
    // Edit: It's actually (0 -> 15 -> 30 -> etc), which is quite a bit more balanced. And after playing around with it a bit I can say that I definitely like the change. Overall a nerf, but a buff to specific situations.

Millennium

Doomsday Machine
    Nothing to say about this.

Mercenaries

Dino
    - Damage: 54 -> 57
    This is fine. Less opressive on ranged waves and better on melee waves.

Safety Mole
    - Damage: 61 -> 58
    Good way of nerfing it without touching it's aura. HP could also be reduced by 20-30 in my opinion, but whatever.

Pack Leader
    - Damage: 85 -> 82
    - Leadership Aura: 8 (20 for bosses) -> 8 (16 for bosses)
    I assume this is because of Wave 10. Maybe the unit is just way, way too tanky? Since you literally increase the health of the boss by 17%, increase it's damage by 16 per auto attack and you have an additional source of damage? Sounds strong doesn't it?

Four Eyes
    - Health: 2130 -> 2200
    - Death Stare: 8% damage amplification per stack (100% at max stacks) -> 25 damage for each consecutive attack against the same target
    Interesting. Will need to play to see how this works out.

Shaman
    - Health: 2950 -> 2700
    - Damage: 168 -> 120
    - Blood Rush: Now also increases damage by 50
    Unneccesairy buff to Shaman. Does it job well enough already.

Waves

Our analysis on wave balance:

The reason there is a wave 13 meta is as follows:
    - Area-of-effect units (Pyro, Banana Haven, Deathcap) are overpowered
    - These units are very weak against waves 10/13 and generally strong against waves 9/11/12
    - This leads to 10 -> 13 meta, especially due to the fact that 3 waves is the sweet spot for saving

We believe the following will disrupt the wave 13 meta:
    - Nerfs to Pyro, Banana Haven, Deathcap will encourage sending on waves 9/11/12 and discourage sending on waves 10/13
    - Nerf to Four Eyes, which is a staple mercenary on wave 13
    - Changes to Berserker/Fatalizer to be stronger counters to wave 13

I agree with your reasoning and I am curious how this will work out. However, I do think wave 13 could use a small nerf like -50 HP per unit since it's definitely too strong, even with the attempt to shift the meta.

Overall a decent patch. Looking forward to play when I get home.

Edits are done to correct spelling mistakes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  17. jqob

jqob Member

The 4 Eyes isn't putting a debuff on attacks, it just deals that much damage itself. So it is a nerf I guess

18. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

I agree with Akitos (in his video), this is a bit hard to understand how 4 eye works at the moment. Could you give us more details please ?
    Also, I think Blood Rush of Shaman is a bit too strong. As Akitos said it, I guess in late game in most cases, you will send a centaur + a Shaman.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

19. Justrazer

Justrazer Member

But i think, if you send against someone with a lot of Harbringer or something like that a double centaure is still better then cent+shaman

20. Akitos

Akitos Member

Uhm, you realise that the Aqua changes were a straight up early game buff, yes? The units themself got a lot stronger, which might even make it unnecessary to go full combo against 4 if you're being saved on (we'll have to see). So yeah, in the first 4 rounds it's certainly a HUGE buff, which I don't understand. Now Aqua has even less weak spots... Another wave that they got A LOT fucking stronger is 7, so you're more likely to be able to push another worker here. Like, we're talking about -20 magic dmg on the spell, but as a trade off we got huge HP & pierce dmg buffs. So obviously they'll perform a lot better on arcane waves in particular. The more I think about it, the more I dislike this change tbh... Aquas already were a very solid start with no close to no real weakness between waves 1 and 8. The only thing you could reliably do to Aqua was force them on 2w for wave 4, but as I said, I am not sure if that still works, because of how much stronger the units are without combo.