1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.10a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

i think you misunderstood.
    the reason for 2v2 is matchmaking and not mastermind.

2. iConstantine

iConstantine Member

The problem is, they say they ARE listening to the community. I just can't figure out which community. Sure isn't anyone I played with, as they all quit after the change.
    But oh well. Can't please everyone. Just sucks to be on the wrong side of the fence on a game you used to love.

3. jqob

jqob Member

Watched the whole vid, agree to 99% - listen to this guy, he knows what's up :D

Tho I kinda understand the implementation of 2v2. It's a lot easier to get one friend to play with than 3. And I think even a 1v1 mode would be interesting to see as well (although make it faster paced so it doesn't get boring). A lot of games (like Rocket League, PUBG/Fortnite) all have Solo, Duo and Squads that you can choose from. And having these 3 game modes is probably the end goal of this game's development too. But of course there isn't a big enough playerbase right now to support all of the matchmaking queues so they have to test them one at a time.

I still think that 4v4 is the most universal game mode and they should bring it back to not kill off their playerbase even more. Matchmaking won't be faster in 2v2 if half the people leave the game because of it.

4. RecruitLow

RecruitLow Member

Hey there! Why not just have 3 matchmaking options to choose from between 2v2 or 4v4 or 2v2/4v4? Then after say 1-2 weeks collect the data and then determine what the community wants! I'm sure some of us here wouldn't mind waiting slightly longer to have better games! Just my 2cents. Cheers!

5. Prosock

Prosock Member

Oh, and btw, these nerfs to forsaken are nowhere near enough.. The problem is 100% the dancing fucking doppelganger that can get the SICKEST rng run and live forever with its insane lifesteal, it is SUPER SUPER OP, and I cant believe you do these mild nerfs... Like its not uncommon to play against 2x Forsaken, and there you are, with your bad MM roll, and you know excactly what your enemy is gonna build, you know excactly what he will do, but there is close to NOTHING you can do to change the outcome if the game if equal skill, even though you would assume that its a big advantage to know excactly what he is doing, NOPE, guess again..

Really, i would prefer if you would just disable picking races and have competetive games be MM only..

KaC, reflektor and allstaren like this.
  6. allstaren

allstaren Member

So yeah... we started out playing 6-7 friends, and always had a team to play with. We could talk, learn each other the game and just chill and gain or loose rating. Now I am the only one left. And I have to admit, that I have really put many chill hours into the game, but that is coming to an end. My friends stopped playing before all the "patches within a few weeeks" and finally when 2on2 came out they were done.

I can't find any reasoning for doing this. You will limit your playerbase, the social aspect of the game, and even a lot of the higher rated players dislike this.

So to go from having 4on4 to saying "It's not logistically possible right now" - is quite funny, because you had it before. And it worked, and then to continue with: " We're confident those changes were unrelated to 2v2 and are addressed this patch." Eh no? A lot of the critiscm is really about the 4on4 loss. Especially for people like me, who only use the game to socialize with people. I got over 500 games as mastermind and rating 1600ish - I do not care about winning or loosing, but I care about socializing the hours i find for a game, when living far away from other friends.

If we look at the aspect of getting a bigger playerbase this is a direct move in the other direction.
    I would rather wait 10 mins for a game than playing alone.

I could really get more into depth about this, but for me the social aspect of the game is gone, and that was what made me buy and play it in the first place, because we could have fun as in the old days with legion td and other tower defense maps.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Kalarne and EinfachManuel like this.
  7. Wadi94

Wadi94 Member

At least we will get some new Players. Hopefully.

TheRatedR likes this.
  8. allstaren

allstaren Member

Who would want to introduce "friends" to a "2on2" game, where they can only play with "1 friend" and not "friends"?

Wadi94 and Kalarne like this.
  9. ithion

ithion Member

when 4vs4 existed 91% played solo or duo. Even though if you Judge by the forums it seems like it was the reversed

Twig likes this.
  10. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Prosock my man, they nerfed pretty much all forsakens units, and in some pretty significant ways. I dont think the nightmare needed the trade-off buff, but thats focused on MM, so i understand. Lets wait and test it out, i think it will be balanced.
    Otherwise if they just took a huge shit on it, suddenly maybe groove would become the new cancer.

I think what they meant by logistically possible its in terms of perfomance and engine support in 4v4.
    Because in case you have tried to play 4v4 in customs, you'll realize the game is laggy as FUCK, and towards the end the game will just die and waves wont spawn.

I mean, i really dislike 2v2 aswell, but i'll swallow it down(temporarily) it if this allows them to better optimize the game and shift the focus into releasing new content.

11. mace

mace Member

#rollback179

Triton_old, HBK Alpha and Akitos like this.
  12. allstaren

allstaren Member

I understand ithion :) Mostly I was ranting about my experience. And i know they put a great effort into the game, however I don't buy the arguement for the 2on2-being most logistically possible. It worked before with 4on4 even though it had way longer queues. Does these stats support the beginning of the launch after steam introduction?

So I respect the people working on the game, and actually like them a lot, but for me it has been way more dreading to play :)

13. allstaren

allstaren Member

But this wasn't a problem during 4on4 a lot of times? it became a problem, but often it worked fine - however I can also understand this point of view.

14. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

It was a problem, but not nearly as bad. The game would get really laggy towards the end.
    But they made changes altogether with the 2v2 implementation, that would need to be reverted or adjusted/optimized, if they were to go back to 2v2. Like the workers for example.

15. ithion

ithion Member

Send ghostknights w10. (then depending on the other guy smack em on w12(pack+brutes) ,w13 with brutes,mimics and stuff (forget about centaur here). Then blast the crap out of em on w17.

If all those things fail, just do what u've done against me. Take the game to w21, have a decent setup and win there. Forsaken is rotten there. Only way for a forsaken player to win w21 is with a teammate with insane setup and/or enemies with just as bad setups.

have fun, you can thank me for the elo later =p

Next time you face double forsaken it should honestly be gg w10 (if you plan ahead).

basti likes this.
  16. HBK Alpha

HBK Alpha Member

Hey Jules or Lisk. Why the lack of response? It seems like the last few patches the same 4v4/social aspect questions are being presented, and you guys arent replying to a thing? Seems like my point is being proven. I know you are dedicating your time/energy/resources to 2v2 map and other things but at the moment you are at a crossroads. You can continue to be stubborn and continue this 2v2 (aka unpopular idea) or you can take what your customer's are saying and roll back to 1.79 and introduce the naga race slowly. Its really up to you guys if you want this game to tank or not. The proof is in the pudding aka the login numbers.

Triton_old likes this.
  17. KaC

KaC Member

I'm pretty sure that they cant change it back to 4vs4 because the current version would have too many lags..... the current players pool is so low that I simply cant play in the weekend mornings....
    I used to play 3-8 games every day.... i didnt play a single game for few days now or stopped playing after 1 game... its no more fun for me.
    I agree with mostly everything that Akitos said in his video

"Big sale and marketing push on April 19th!
    On April 19th, Legion TD 2 will be 50% off and featured on the front page of Steam for one day."

Lets hope that every steam member will access his account on that ONE day..............

Akitos likes this.
  18. Dimlhugion

Dimlhugion Member

The thing about statistics is that it's really about how you interpret them. Numbers by themselves are just numbers. Trying to divine meaning behind the numbers is akin to witchcraft in most cases.

For example, I don't think I've even played 5 games in the entirety of the time since 2v2 mode was first presented. You could look at that and say "see, even Dimlhugion doesn't like 2v2!" but the truth is I've just been busy IRL. Just started a new job, working twice the amount of hours I'm used to, just not enough free time to really dig into the game like before.

So how many people REALLY aren't logging in due to the recent changes, versus how many people are just busy like me? You really can't tell.

Suppose we put up a poll, and it came out 60-40 against 2v2 after 1,000 votes. You can look at that and say "most people" prefer 4v4, or you could look at that and say "we only got 1,000 votes in the poll, and of our 65,000+ members barely 1/10th of them regularly view the forums, so really the sample size was of around 6,500. And of that, 5,500 didn't care either way. So it's ACTUALLY just 600 out of 6,500 who don't like 2v2."

I'd furthermore like to point out it's in human nature to remember and recall the bad without regard to the good. We separate periods of our history via warfare, not peace. We recall the times where RNGesus went against us with ease, but forget all the times he was kind. It's very, very easy to take one or two notes from a large patch and be like "THIS, THIS is RUINING the game!!" but you don't pay any attention to the 12+ other changes that are objectively healthy.

I'm neutral on the 2v2 vs 4v4 debate in terms of preference, couldn't care either way. I will say though, as a dude running on an older rig, whatever makes the performance smoother gets my vote and that's probably 2v2. I just figured I'd add a voice of caution to the discussion, is all. It's great that people like Prosock are allowed to voice their opinion, I think the fact that they're still here arguing is testament to how much they care about the game, but it's important not to get so entrenched in one's own perspective that you lose the ability to critically analyze from a wider lense. There are what, 10 people total in this thread saying they don't like the changes? That's hardly a majority.

19. Twig

Twig Member

Wow seeing alot of hate here..
    There is alot of space for critism right now.. i see that.. but lets play after the big patch coming out today and give it a chance..

Im supportive for 2v2 and just hoping they ll balance MM to that good old 51%winrate so the games get more diversable and fun again
    Consider to hop into the one or another casual today and give some tips to newbies coming from steam sale..
    Lets make ltd2 a great game in the long run!

Kermode Bear, Seraphon and ithion like this.
  20. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Well we all want to see the game growing. I would not call it "hate". We are just passionate about it. This Game is awesome and people just dont want it to get destroyed cause of 2v2. But it will. Look at the Charts. Less Players online then ever. Actual Data tell that the game lost 40% of its playerbase since 2v2 came out. thats lots of people quitting or pausing the game. Every day this game stays 2v2 some players will quit playing it and some new players will never get addicted to it. Someone who enjoy to play with his 2 or 3 friends will never tell them about the game since they cant play together anyways.
    Every single day this game is 2v2 it loses popularity and in the long run this is very very bad for the game.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018