1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.10a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Twig

Twig Member

W
    Well i support jules here..
    Lets see whether it is really due to 2v2 or due to unbalanced meta..
    and i really would never call you a hater but there is some destructive critism from other sources..
    No hate buddy ^^

2. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

The thing is i really liked the game with 4v4 and i dont enjoy it with 2v2.
    I wanted to record some games for my Second Youtube Channel and allready asked some friends and other youtuber/streamer to record a game with me and honestly i just waited for 4v4 to come back but now it probably wont happen and 2v2 is just to boring to show on youtube or a stream. Makes me a little bit mad because i was allready hyped for doing this. My criticism is not meant to be destructive. Im just to passionate about it i guess

3. Der Geo

Der Geo Member

I never seen such a crying community.
    I think only Babys playing the last Patches.
    Dont Talk to much and go to a others game up to the sull Release of LTD 2.

Btw. New patch online or Release this night?

Kermode Bear likes this.
  4. Domoo27

Domoo27 Member

U are going to kill this game so soon. When i seen this game on twitch one month ago, I was like "this 4v4 is absolutelly sick", if i saw this game today, I would never say something like "this 2v2 is absolutelly sick, i have to buy it now!" Its absolutelly boring to see, to play, to everything antisocial game now. And after feedback that you collected within 2 weeks, you are still trying to continue with 2v2, although 70% of people hate it. For example i have 89 hours on this game and after patch 2.00 just 3 hours...

5. mace

mace Member

Jules, u know any release/reset time?

6. Crazy

Crazy Member

By trying to eliminate the problem regarding long queue times in high elo you created a new problem. Games are more unbalanced then ever, which come naturally cause there are only 2 players per team. Whereas when I played at my peak and I was 2150 i got matched wich 1800 guys against 1900 which is fine considering there is only 100 elo between them. Such thing is not possible in 2 vs 2. (and my elo isnt even high. think of things like Kings 2,6k elo by soloqueueing which I consider impossible right now). You might have lowered the queuetimes but you unbalanced the match. I have always been that guy that said 20 mins queue I am fine cause I love the game. Nowadays I got a 2 mins queue for a +2 match which lasts 25 mins. so thats 27 minutes for a non-statisfying experience vs 20 mins queuetime which I could use to watch vids or do whatever the hell I like and then play a good ol' game of balanced LTD I am sick of this +2, +3, +4, shit. 20 mins queue time for a +14 game? count me in, thats not wasted time for me. a freaking +3 game on the other hand is a freaking waste of time...

HBK Alpha likes this.
  7. ithion

ithion Member

"Season 1 officially ends on April 9th at noon PST. Best of luck climbing in the final few days!" (that's 12pm PST, 20:00 CET unless google is lying, could be 21:00)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  8. Gopnik McBlyat

Gopnik McBlyat Member

I almost stopped playing since a patch or two. (Have 350hrs on the game, i think i played 10 games at most during last patch).

Can't tell it's the 2v2 change, I had a mix of very buggy experience during 1.79 that caused me to slow down my gametime, plus I was pretty hyped by the 2v2 change. I'm always in for a game experience where your choice matter and everything you do is impactful, and 2v2 was the best way to achieve this. However I have to admit that now the game feels pretty empty and it has lost a bit of this messy/funny experience.

I was also hyped for the 2v2, because I mostly play with one friend (others have left), we are both hovering around 1700 and 1900. Every single game we play, we have a -20, -22, -24... This is not incentive at all. The penalty for duo is huge, and as we both play MM, a terrible roll and you're dead vs two guys around 1600 that can play, yet you loose those -20.

There's one thing i'm sure I dislike, this is the aura change. I though the way you positionned your units, like a risky frontlane starcaller, was rewarding because it was giving the aura to multiple units and in the way you wanted. And if it didn't work, you had to delay, split, and work your way to lead the wave and ennemy sends. This needed skill and was fun/quite deep. Now i feel all my build are clumsy, and the positionning is gone a in way.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    HBK Alpha and Berserkpinus like this.
  9. Themryon

Themryon Member

I'm guessing it's not cheap to be on the front page. And imo a whole day frontpage is long enough to get a big chunk of steam members to see the ad

10. allstaren

allstaren Member

But if you saw it was a "new" tower defense game, and you wanted to play with your friends (note not just one friend) - then it wouldn't necessarily be the game for you.

EinfachManuel likes this.
  11. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

I think you're wrong. If it is 8:00 in the morning in PST, it is 16:00 in CET. So, now the question is, is it 9th at 8:00 in the morning CET or is it 10th at 8:00 in the morning...
    Because noon means the new day, it should be this morning. So, I guess the reset should be activated now.

12. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

3,75 hours left if im not wrong^^
    Atm it is 8:15 PST and noon means 12:00 right?

Seraphon likes this.
  13. ithion

ithion Member

Yeah i fucked up. I googled pst to cet and google converted PST to PT (PDT) but kept CET when most of europe are using CEST atm (summer time) so yeah it's still a 9 hour difference for norway/sweden/denmark/germany.

So yeah 3h 45 min remaining=p

Seraphon likes this.
  14. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Ha yes sorry. I thought it was midnight but no. XD So yes it is 12:00 so 20:00 for CET.

Same for France, Italy, Spain...

15. YoXoY

YoXoY Member

Acctualy, i like this.
    Great Job till jet guys - i cant wait to enjoy.

Twig and GvR Mr Mister like this.
  16. SavageM1K3Y

SavageM1K3Y Member

I love the 2v2 change, I didn't like the 4v4 game mode at all. Someone would get fed early who didn't leak and take over the game. You would always have one person who just went workers even if they leaked a whole wave and didn't care. I have been with a lot less toxic people since 2v2 began. Keep up the good work and good changes ty :)

17. Omnilight

Omnilight Member

Good job guys, great work, it's pretty hard to adapt at every update (after last patch i had to watch youtube and train to be able to be good on my games like the april 8 and 9 :p) but ok, if you think it's the way the game should become let's go, tryhard to kick some asses !

Twig and Der Geo like this.
  18. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Could you give us any information about when the deployment will be finished please ? :)
    I just want to know if I could play on the new patch before I have to go to sleep :p

Thx you in advance ! :D

19. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Everything iConstantine said on page 1.

STOP CATERING!

20. Dorkusaurus

Dorkusaurus Member

Agree, beating a dead horse here but why would I promote a game to my friends if I cannot play with more than one? I am talking ranked, not casual... Went from multiple games down to a few a week (after they balanced the early send nonsense a while ago). Why not let us queue for a 2 / 4 man (during and after the sale) to prove which is greater needed. The sale will help a little bit sure, but it will do so much more if i could actually beg three friends to buy it so we can play strategically and ranked. Eh, good patches, disappointed with the 2v2.