1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.10a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Dorkusaurus

Dorkusaurus Member

You must be new to the internet lol

2. Kalarne

Kalarne Member

Now my friends has stop playing at this game.

Please get back 4v4, nobody play custom game...

If you want more people on community cross platform this game, if people can play on PS, Xbox, and phone that will be great I think...

Get back 4v4 !

3. Kermode Bear

Kermode Bear Member

Starting with 2 workers is a great change. I have seen income balloon like crazy (70+ workers near endgame), but I'm not sure if it is because of the extra worker (doubtful) or the other gold changes (more likely). Also not sure if that's what you want, but maybe it is, I dunno. Not bad or good, just an observation.

The rest of the balance changes - I haven't really felt much of a shift, but I think that's because the changes are gentle nudges and not giant sweeping major alterations. That's really nice.

I appreciate the auto-pings on leaking - it means that the "MUH ELO OMG" types playing in the casual queue are less likely to ping spam me when I leak. :p

Lisk and Twig like this.
  4. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v2.10a is live with a couple fixes. Also, peak rating this season is now tracked and displayed.

5. Zar'roc

Zar'roc Member

Hey devs and community!
    I feel like this discussion is a good place to step in.
    I really apprecciate the spirit and all the work you guys put in this game. The basic principle of Legion TD has been more than just a game to me for my entire adult life, and I am 28 by now. I've always played good ol' Legion TD Mega, mostly 3.5 (B3) on Garena and later on Tunngle. I have dedicated weeks of playtime to this game and every game has been a new adventure playing on Prophet Builder. Man, there always were new scenarios, depending on your rolls, your enemies and sometimes just a little focus luck :D
    Mostly playing 3v3, there were countless unforeseen possibilities for leaks, extra money from sends etc.

And that is why I strongly dislike the 2v2 change, but I can respect the devs decision to go that way.

Legion TD is a game that draws the core of its excitement from the randomness of events based on many players interacting mostly independently, but who still influence each other. Where can I push workers/income, when do I need to value, when can I break my enemies, what can we do as a team?
    I can see that exactly this is a frustration point for new players at the moment- if you lose match after match without even getting to really know why, you will just uninstall and never come back. If you keep the game 2v2, it gets very easy to play with just one friend and if that friend knows what to do, he/she can help you get successful very soon. This will encourage playing more often, trying out more and players will reach a level where they'll want to play more challenging stuff because it simply is more fun.
    So please, dear devs: Go as you think is best for the game right now, I do understand your reasoning and cannot think of a more suiting way to reach your current goals, but don't completely discontinue thinking about 3v3/4v4, because there already are a lot players who would love that a lot more to play and soon the new players will also want to try that out if there is a community for it.

Best wishes and thank you for your amazing work, I value your efforts up until this point a lot!

Kermode Bear and Lisk like this.
  6. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Thanks Zar'roc! It is inspiring to hear how much the game has meant to you. Thanks for respecting the decisions especially those you don't agree with.

I still am thinking about it almost every day! It is a tough decision since 4v4 requires a much higher playerbase for matchmaking to feel good, but it also allows you to play with your friends and it feels fun when a lot of action is going on. I'm hoping we can still return to 4v4 in the future, just not sure when that is yet.

P.S. Also, I like your name =) Did you know that the original Legion TD had a unit called "Rider" (Elf legion) which was a reference to the Riders?

Zar'roc, Jules and Kermode Bear like this.
  7. HBK Alpha

HBK Alpha Member

Lisk, as you can see the majority 70%+ are willing to wait for longer que times for 4v4 to happen. I dont see why we cant revert back to that, promote the game on steam and get a bigger player base which inherently will decrease que times. It just seems counter intuitive to only have 1 person to play with instead of 3... I hope to see 4v4 come soon, this game means the world to me and I hate to be frustrated over this.

8. Zar'roc

Zar'roc Member

No problem, I absolutely trust in your dedication to get this game in the right direction- even if that means unpopular decisions from my pov. But you are the ones seeing the bigger picture and who have to actually get things going, walk you way fellas! :)

I was sure you would not forget about this, I just wanted to really stress the importance the total number of players really has and maybe add a few nuances to the "big picture". I am already looking forward to getting 4v4 back, I trust it will be better than before!

I did not know that and am smiling right now- those books might not be milestones of literature or anything, but they accompanied me quite some time and were so much fun! Thanks for that little anecdote ^.^

Kermode Bear and Lisk like this.
  9. KevinTheCarry

KevinTheCarry Member

Give them a break, will ya? They're doing the best they can with limited resources. It's in an experimental phase. Calm down.

10. Der Geo

Der Geo Member

You are booring. IT was i big patch, so New bugs are possible. Never play on a Patch day. They worken Hard on the bugs. Give tham time. Pls give all dude's they cry "give us back XxX Patch" a litle break from a week or so

11. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

4v4 will come back as soon as the game has a playerbase to support it. Also, 90% of all percentages on the internet are pulled out of their ass. There's a vocal majority talking about changing back to 4v4 but a silent minority that doesn't neccesarily want 4v4 back.

I hope this encourages you to stop asking for 4v4, since your post history is pretty much only that.

It's quite a big patch and the game is in open beta, so it is to be expected that there are bugs. What's even stupider is that since there are bugs in this patch you instantly want to revert back to a patch in Season 1 instead of waiting for the bugs to be fixed and enjoying the big amount of QoL changes they have added into the game the last few patches.

GvR Mr Mister and Themryon like this.
  12. HBK Alpha

HBK Alpha Member

Player base can’t support it is simply not a true statement. It was doing just fine, there wasn’t an issue besides the top of the top elo. Depending on the time of day was the difference between que times. Whether they were fast or slower ie 8-10 minutes. Proof is in the pudding. Majority of the streamers and the top Elo players quit who were the most affected in this que time issue. Steam reviews are all in the red and not to mention these forums. You can simply run with 4v4 market the game and get back to friends playing with each other and not kill the social aspect of the game. Which in turn will bring a much bigger player base and everyone wins.

4v4 doesn’t seem to be coming anywhere near the future which makes someone who’s childhood and a good part of his adulthood not so happy. There aren’t many games like this anymore, when I heard about LTD2 I couldn’t have been more excited and they delivered an excellent game. Now I can’t say that and many agree.

Also another thing this silent minority figure can’t be considered since it’s not even quanitfiable. The very high majority of players i que with agree. That’s why I said 70%+

No hard feelings bud have a good one

13. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

The matchmaking was 5-10 minutes in Europe and America for casual players, depending on when you played. That is already extremely long, and many players don't want to wait for that long. For high elo it was 10-20 minutes, which is even worse and encourages those players to leave the game.

But now think about continents like Asia. Here people already had high queue times on lower elo's and high elo's were just fucked. There had to be put out some kind of fix and 2v2 is pretty much the only ethical solution. Unless you want 2100's to queue against 1500's?

1. Steam reviews are not "all in the red". We just had a patch that was extremely not-new player friendly, together with the switch to 2v2 which people didn't like and the reviews of the last 30 days are.. 57% of 49 reviews are positive. And looking at the last few days the reviews seem 50/50. So the Steam reviews are definitly not all in the red.

2. This is what they will try to do. They will try to grow the playerbase to get 4v4 back. I thought this was obvious in my last statement.

This sounds like a personal problem, not a LTD2 problem.

I would also like to get 4v4 back, and alot of other people do too. But the game just can't support it. I think a better question to ask your teammates would be if they really hate 4v4, or would just like to see 4v4 back but don't mind the 2v2.

Same. I'm not angry with you or anything, but I think some things should be made clear to the community since there seems to be no connection inbetween what is being sad and what some of the community members are taking in. I'm already glad that we can have a conversation like this where actual arguments are being made instead of people just complaining about stuff without giving solutions or looking at the bigger picture.

Also have a good one, my friend :)

Twig likes this.
  14. jqob

jqob Member

Anyone feels like the games have become extremely long lately? I've reached wave 21 3 times out of like 8 games yesterday. Also I had a game where I had 114 workers and 1400 income on wave 18, which of course had to do with my enemy being bad and I snowballing. But still, maybe its because the Elo reset and I've forgotten how low elo players play.

Twig likes this.
  15. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Gotta say the game feels a thousand times better, early game came back to existence.
    Incoming early is punished, early saves super viable, starvation is way less frequent.
    FEEELS SO MUCH BETTER to play now.

Still not the most excited about 2v2, but its fun to play again at least.

16. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Well thats simply not true.
    I played at 1900-2000 Elo in the end and the longest time i waited for a game was 10 Minutes. Most of the time it was between 3-10 Minutes.
    I found games with my smurf in the middle of the night (like 100 Players online) in less then 3 Minutes and on daytime mostly in just a few seconds.
    And queues for asian players wasnt longer just because they are from a different country. The servers are not split up.
    and 2100 players didnt play against 1500. Thats another lie here. I never saw a difference of 500 or more in 1 game and even if there was such a difference, then it was still fair games since both teams had high elo and low elo players.

It should be like that but its more then obvious that 4v4 wont come back in the next time. They are allready working on a 2v2 map. thats hell lot of work. Do you really think they invest so much time/money just to bring back 4v4 again? Also the game is lagging pretty hard on 4v4 right now. we tested it in casuals. I think its because of the new workers counts. So even if they wanted to, they cant bring back 4v4 without going back to a over 1 month old patch.
    It looks like we wont see 4v4 in the next few months. And thats the problem here. Next week the game will be on frontpage on steam and alot of people will see the game.
    Some point where allmost everyone agreed is that 4v4 is more fun then 2v2. So i see a problem here that the game is getting presented to so much people in the "boring version" of the game.
    People will test it and im pretty sure that more players would continue playing if the game was 4v4.
    This is something i just dont understand.
    They have a super fun game everyone likes and just before they are going to promote it they make a update which is lowering the experience to present the game much more boring as it really is!?

greetings

LeifOneG and HBK Alpha like this.
  17. HBK Alpha

HBK Alpha Member

18. Der Geo

Der Geo Member

I like 2 vs 2.
    I hope it will be so for ever.
    Only the lags are be Bad at moment.
    I Belive it will be better with the comming patch. The team here make still a god job.

19. Twig

Twig Member

Games go forever now but i think its fun..
    Still think doppel+headchef needs to be nerfed..

20. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

I was around 1300-1400 back then and I usually had to wait between 2 and 5 minutes on peak time, or up to 10 minutes when most of the EU players were asleep or at work. Assuming I get queued with people around 1000-1600 elo this was very bad.

Also, 10 minutes is still a really long time for some players. I'm used to it because I used to play League before and getting into a game there would also take 5-10 minutes (including the Champion Select and loading screen), but that doesn't mean other players want to wait that long.

The servers aren't split, that is true. But look at the highscores. Most of the players are from the EU (with a majority of the people from Germany). Meaning that when EU players were asleep or at work, you would miss out on a majority of the playerbase when queueing in off-work hours in Asia.

I didn't say that 2100 players queued with 1500's. I asked if he wanted to solve the queue time problem in Asia with having 2100's queue with 1500's. You read my sentence wrong.

They don't have to invest that much time in bringing 4v4 back. Since they already have an almost-fully functioning 4v4 mode the only thing they have to do is fix the lag issue and fix the issue that when there are x amount of units, the game doesn't crash.

Also, you could look at it from a different perspective. They spent alot of their resources on making a 4v4 map. "Do you really think they invest so much time/money just to let the map die off?" In my own opinion, I don't think so.

Agreed, 4v4 is more fun and it sucks that the game is going to be promoted on the 19th with the 2v2 gamemode. And I also agree that the game is going to be presented badly on the 19th. Lets not forget that there is still no tutorial for the new players, the season just reset (so 1500 players can now get queued with fresh 1200 players in casuals and stomp them) and the gameplay itself is still not-new player friendly. Leaking early can still be very punishing if you don't know how to come back in the game.

There are quite a few issues right now but the game is going into a right direction. It might not be the direction that is the most fun and that we all want to choose, but I think it's neccesairy and people are starting to understand the issue and agree more and more with Jules and Lisk. The best thing we can do is to accept the changes and hope 4v4 will come back in some way, even if it is just for casuals (for example). But we definitely need to grow the playerbase first.

Edits are done to correct a few spelling mistakes