1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.10a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Ah, even though forsaken still needs a nerf, fire archer desperatly needs a buff @Jules .

Because brutes are so meta now, they are really REALLY suceptible to leaks early, and its also highly rng related, because if they focus the brute mid wave, you leak a shit ton. And since they are not good at all late game, it's really hard to come back.

2. jqob

jqob Member

Yeah brutes need a nerf or you need to make it so it gets focused by a unit as soon as it starts attacking the unit. I've leaked a ton on wave 3 with 4 workers and a decent build because the brute got focused last.

Twig likes this.
  3. DQO07

DQO07 Member

I think this argument for why 2v2 is a good idea is just not correct, and I don't think you understand your own problem with the queue time. Your problem is not matchmaking, its playerbase. The way to fix this is to either lower the amount of money you are asking for the game, or market the game, both of which were fully viable options that they elected not to take. Just because the playerbase is asleep and that makes your queue times longer doesn't mean matchmaking has any issues, it means that you just chose a bad time to logon. You can go into something like League at high elo and run into 40 minute queue times, so complaining about this little of a problem is kinda stupid if you ask me.

I think the biggest issue I see here is that they made such high restrictions on what you can and can't get matched against that it drove the queue times to be ridiculous so then they could implement 2v2 like they always wanted. The reality is the vast majority of the playerbase literally doesn't care about rank, this is not a competitive game, this is an arcade game intended as a time waster. If they continue to push this 2v2 issue, they will lose what little playerbase they have left and the game will die. #revert1.79 please. I along with many other players do not care about waiting 2 minutes longer for a game, and I along with many other players don't care who I get matched with, as long as I can play the game within 5 minutes, put me up against 2100 rated players, they are good, I can learn from them, and losing isn't really an issue, it is a game.

My main gripe with this change is the massive middle finger they gave to the playerbase that does party, and they still aren't thinking about them at all. Sure the majority of players mainly play solo or duo, but that doesn't mean they don't party up... This was a stupid assumption based on logistics that should have never been made. The Aura changes and the fact the game isn't 4v4 are the biggest gripes for everyone, I think everything else has been a great change, but they need to seriously revert back to 4v4 and old auras. Also even at my 1100 elo, it takes longer than it used to to find a game, and there are less players to find to get a game xD

4. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

No, its a competive game: "The first competitive 2v2 tower defense for PC. From the team that brought you Legion TD." (steam)
    If you dont care about rank/competive gameplay go play casuals or even customs with your friends (you still can play with your friends here).

5. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Thats the problem. 4v4 was more like a fun arcade game that could attract a big playerbase. While 2v2 feels more like a competitive game with no fun included. Thats the reason why so much people dont like the change.

Oh and no. You cant play custom 4v4. The game will crash at wave 17-20

DQO07 likes this.
  6. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

I cant follow you why 2v2 has less fun included than 4v4 besides the fact you cant que up with more than 1 friend for a casual game. For me 2v2 is more fun because its easier to communicate with one partner instead of 3. Also i had not a single troll/toxic player yet (maybe just luck but the chance for it decreased with the 2v2 change). My queue time decreased by more than 500% after the 2v2 change btw.
    Imo they should enable 4v4 casuals as soon they are stable, so players that doesnt want to play a competive game can still go for "arcade" casuals. And once we have enough players for seperate queues in ranked games, i would 100% support additional 4v4 rankeds too.

foliesseer and Twig like this.
  7. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

2v2 is fun aswell now, but i cant see how this is any more "competitive" than 4v4. As it is infinitely more succeptible to RNG.

It isn't a more competitive mode, not by a mile.

They just want something more friendly to new comers, easier to understand, and easier to optmize in terms of performance.

When(if, hopefully) we get a stable big enough player base, they will revert it to 4v4 im sure. Leave it be.

8. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

That's not true - we thought about doing 2v2 or 4v4 before the game was even released, but both of us really wanted 4v4 to work. The people I play most with are my two brothers and Jules, which makes a team of 4, and it's tough that we can't all play together unless we do an inhouse.

Yes, we would, if it seems like the right decision. It isn't that hard to bring back 4v4 from a technical standpoint. Converting the new map to 4v4 wouldn't be that hard either.

Nacccho and foliesseer like this.
  9. iConstantine

iConstantine Member

Misleading as the people who really cared about the 4v4 change have already stopped playing, including myself.

Maybe it's time to get silly. 2v2 on week days, 4v4 on weekends. Hell throw some 3v3's in there somewhere.

10. DQO07

DQO07 Member

Then why did you make 4v4 unplayable in customs... Why against the vast majority of players who are voicing opinion have you continued with 2v2? Why is there a 2v2 map in development if you are considering the possibility of bringing back 4v4. You guys got the initial feedback of keeping casual 4v4 and completely ignored that, even though it was the easiest way to go about it. You don't have the playerbase for a competitive game... I love this game man, you guys did a fantastic job on it, and I loved the changes until the Aura (I can understand this change though, auras were a bit too strong on their own and a bit too inconsistent), and the 2v2 change which I have tried to understand and just can't. A very few minority care about competitiveness in this game, you can see this from this thread alone. I get that matchmaking was an issue at high elo because of queue time, but you could have opened up the pool of rank for people >2000 rating and I don't think anyone but elitist competitives would have cared. The only reason I'm so harsh critically is because I love squadron TD, and I loved Legion in WC3, I want this to be on those games level of enjoyment.

As a final side note, please make a chaos builder (every wave a random set of units [one of each tier of course]), I love this playstyle.

11. Bastl Wastl

Bastl Wastl Member

With regard to the steam sale on 19th of April:
    Nearly all players said that the 4vs4 mode is way more fun than 2vs2. So why do you want to present the less fun 2vs2 mode to new players in a steam sale? Actually I I think this steam sale is a great move to increase player base. But most people, who will buy the game there, know it from WC3 times. I really expect that a lot of them will be very disappointed, when they can only play 2vs2 now. I assume several players will give the game back or will stop playing after a few hours. If I was you I would try to maximize the fun-2-play factor before going to a steam sale.

12. Mick

Mick Member

About the 2v2, I am not either pro or against, but I think you guys should make clarity as soon as possible. I have played about 200 games last month, and I pretty much stopped playing because you changed everything again. I don't mind learning the game and adapting to new situations, but knowing I can try to learn the game, and you can change everything again next week makes the ambition to be dedicated low. I am sure most people who stopped/aren't playing have this feeling. They do want to play, but will only do it when the game is more stable.

I know it is part of early access, but I think your priorities should be getting the game stable and let updates be tweaks, buffs, nerves and new things, not changing the existing drastically anymore.

EinfachManuel and Domoo27 like this.
  13. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Another point. I want clarity too. Will 4v4 come back in the next time?
    Is it worth to wait for it? 2 of my mates stopped playing the game and asked me to tell them when 4v4 is back. I dont really enjoy those 2v2 solo games and it would be good to know if its worth the waiting

14. Respawnkarre

Respawnkarre Member

If I ask for no save mode then I always get as an answer that it is a team game. So if you're into a team game then why 2v2 and not 4v4 where you play with a bigger team? This is a contradiction to itself so i think you doing like you want and not what community want!

15. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

I think you can find the answer in multiple posts here :)

16. Respawnkarre

Respawnkarre Member

Where is the answer which says 2v2 is more team game than 4v4?

17. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Where is a statement that it was changed to 2v2 because of the "team aspect"?

18. Respawnkarre

Respawnkarre Member

lol, before you told me i can find it in the posts here and now you ask me? I was just saying that its less team game in 2v2 but LTD2 has focus on "team game". This was reason why dont implement no save mode or something like this.

19. Deepeeper

Deepeeper Member

Just need to post that I actually do think 4v4 is more fun.

HBK Alpha likes this.
  20. Dy.

Dy. Member

The change to 2v2 had different reasons. They said it was necessary to do this in order for the matchmaking to work with the current, smaller playerbase. I agree (and I think Lisk and Jules would too), that 4v4 has a bigger focus on teamplay and should be the standard in the long run.

No-Save mode is a whole different story, it has no place in competitive or ranking imho, but I would like the option in custom games.

foliesseer likes this.