1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.10a

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Dy.

Dy. Member

The change to 2v2 had different reasons. They said it was necessary to do this in order for the matchmaking to work with the current, smaller playerbase. I agree (and I think Lisk and Jules would too), that 4v4 has a bigger focus on teamplay and should be the standard in the long run.

No-Save mode is a whole different story, it has no place in competitive or ranking imho, but I would like the option in custom games.

foliesseer likes this.
  2. Deepeeper

Deepeeper Member

I just created an account here to say that I think the 4v4 mode is more fun, to contribute with feedback. Whatever reason is provided does not change my mind. It is up to the devs to take whatever action they want and they are usually keen to hear the users feedback, could be a matter of success or failure of the game in the long term.
    I don't know what "No-Save" means.

3. Respawnkarre

Respawnkarre Member

No save was mode in WC3, there you cant save myth. Then it will be more Tower Defense.

4. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

No, i told you that you can find the answer of your question why 2v2 instead of 4v4 above. And i think you missunderstood the reason for no ns mode too

5. Dy.

Dy. Member

I am well aware of the No-Save Bots in warcraft 3. The NS-Bots of BK / UCW and so on are pretty infamous for beeing magnets for the worst kind of players... You can't play a good round of 1.6 anymore in WC3 because the only bot hosting it has a forced nosave mode, making the whole thing pointless. Don't even get me started what NS did to parts of the LTD-community.

This isn't a wintermaul, in which you want to reach the final wave as often as possible, this is a competitive tower defense. NS destroys the whole idea of this game.

Anyways, this isn't the place to discuss this topic. I just want you to understand the reason your suggestion got denied and the reasons for a change from 4v4 to 2v2 are not the same.

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  6. Franklyyn

Franklyyn Member

Hello, I just created an account to reply to alot of people in this thread.

First of all I have been playing LTD for years now and have only recently join LTD 2. Legion has been one of my favorite games/maps for WC3, SC2 and Dota2. I thought it had a great community, until now.

I'm not going to pretend that im a top Elo player but I do enjoy playing seriously (what is the point if you don't want to win). I like some of the changes that have been made and I don't like some, i wont go into detail because that isn't why I am posting.

Early Access, to my knowledge this means the game is not complete yet. There will be regular major updates to the game! If you can't deal with that dont buy it! That is the reasons I took so long to buy it.

Time for the hate (=. If your not ready to adapt to major changes in developing game don,t buy it. Acting like a entitled 3 year old having a tantrum isn't going to help the developers. It is pathetic! The actions of a few are a cancer in this community and get in the way of this game growing and potentially becoming the game we love.

In conclusions be mindful that the developers are doing there best and see the big picture. They want this game to succseed.

Thank you Jules and Lisk,
    Keep doing what your doing and ignore the So called 70% im sure you will bring back 4v4 when the game is ready.

foliesseer likes this.
  7. Arioni

Arioni Member

Regarding the elo reset...in the future I hope it won't be as hard of a reset as it was this time around.
    Matchmaking is currently a massive pain in the ass to deal with. On paper, the difference between 1300 and 1600 elo doesn't seem that huge, right? Nor was it last season, but post-reset, it's a massive difference.
    If I'm at 1650, my teammate is at 1300, and both my enemies are ~1450-1500, it's nowhere near an even game.

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    This sort of stuff. Every game feels like this currently, and this is one of the less drastic ones. I've had a lot of games with a 1300 player on my team. I have to play 1v2 for the most part and still get punished for it (lost more elo than I would have gained for winning this game).
    Currently I'd rather play a +10/-22 game where my teammate is my elo or only slightly lower, than play a game where it's +16/-16 but my teammate is 200-300 elo lower than me. That 200-300 elo difference is gigantic as it is right now.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Nacccho likes this.
  8. MonaldRektDonald

MonaldRektDonald Member

I dont mind with who im getting matched with, but i could understand that if you're aiming for a very high rank, getting que'd with a more random lower rated player can make you sad. I red much about high que times, i was always around 1300-1700 and never waited more than 1-3 minutes for a game in 4v4, probably because this rating range has a high playerbase? Even in League of Legends one of the most played Games in the world, people of very high elo have to wait up to 30-60 minutes for a game if not playing in the prime time and i think the YOLO button was a good contribution to that problem. If there's a high skill gap between pro's and casuals you cant completly outbalance that.

greetings MonaldRektDonald

9. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

I feel you man, soloquer aswell.
    If you really want to climb, try getting someone to duo with, even if its super punishing, its the way to go until you kinda get out of that range.

10. Crazy

Crazy Member

Till you get up to I dunno 1600-1700 its viable after that playing Duo can hurt you so bad xD I mean playing against KingDanzz / Ithion with a mate 50 elo below you for a 16/16 game feels so bad

11. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Yea, thats why i said just until you get out of the range where you get 1300s.

12. Crazy

Crazy Member

I do agree. Thats all I wanted to say. But if you reach the top I dunno 30 it gets less and less viable. Maybe a rework d be nice