1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.22

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, May 1, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_0501_patch.jpg
    v2.22 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.5.2 3:16 pm PDT (11:16 pm CET)

The next Atlantean fighter and both of its upgrades are expected to be released next week. We also just started working with another artist, which will allow us to make new units at a faster pace.

New Feature! New Player Matchmaking

- New players now start at 1000 rating instead of 1200
    - New players gain 20 rating per game for their first 10 Normal games (in addition to the standard rating change from winning/losing)

This helps new players have a better experience when they first jump into Normals and also helps experienced 1200 players avoid being matched with new players. In the future, we’d love to match new players exclusively with other new players, but it’s not possible right now, so this is the best option.

Matchmaking Updates

Stuck in queue bug

- Fixed a rare case where the matchmaker would stop forming matches until players rejoined the queue (added a failsafe to protect against empty parties being on queue)

Find me a game ASAP button (available to parties 1600+)
    - Now expands the maximum acceptable rating difference by an additional 100 after the first 3 minutes (this makes long queues for high-rated players less likely).

Game Fixes

Stability
    - Fixed a case where fighter and mercenary HP would sometimes be 0 (added a failsafe to max their HP after they are created)
    - Fixed a case where catch area fighters would wander off, sometimes running through unplayable areas (they now are issued a Stop order after warping)
    - Fixed a bug where a player would be filled with a bot in Normal queue, instead of the game being marked a a tie, if a player connected to the loading screen then disconnected before finishing loading
    - Fixed a rare bug where wandering catch area fighters would be ported to the top of the corridor (mythium gate) instead of the catch area due to a bug in failsafe code
    - Fixed a bug where catch area fighters would keep turning back when trying to attack enemies that were past the mythium gate; this typically happened with melee fighters vs. ranged enemies (made wandering catch fighters failsafe more conservative)
    - Potentially fixed a bug where fighters would keep being pulled towards the cave when near the top of the lane

Recommended Value
    - Fixed a bug where the recommended value bar would accidentally be set to your gold value at the start of the game

Options
    - Fixed a bug where the hotkey rebind popup wasn't showing up

Post-game Graphs
    - Fixed a bug where arrow keys couldn't navigate to the bottom-most graph (Workers)

Debugging
    - Using "-clearwest" and "-cleareast" now warps all your fighters to catch area and opens the gate

Visual Effects
    - Fixed a bug where ribbon effects (such as Fenix, Doppelganger base vfx) would span long distances, which looked weird

Game Updates

Upgrade Supply
    - Now asks for confirmation if you have at least 5 free supply (aka you probably don't want to upgrade supply if this is the case)

Creature Color
    - Made the green darker (was previously too hard to see on the minimap)

Sounds
    - New wave cleared sound

Options
    - You can now rebind camera panning (default is arrow keys)

Log Revamp
    - These changes will make it easier to upload the correct logs, which will help solve bugs moving forward
    - Logs now contain the game ID
    - Logs from different sessions (each reconnect) in the same game will now be merged into the same zip file

Game Balance

Legion Spells
    - Disabled Militia and Transmute

We plan to rework these spells and add new ones in the near future. For now, we’re just removing Militia and Transmute because they make the game less fun.

Mythium Gate
    - The gate now only opens once all leaked units from both teams have arrived. This makes clear/leak “timing” a non-factor in terms of which king takes more damage.

King green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed (attacks per second): 0.87 -> 0.9 to compensate for the wave/mercenary movement speed change and mythium gate change

Even with the king buff, we expect games to end a bit earlier on average

Fighters
    - Movement speeds standardized to 275

This may cause some optimal fighter positioning to change, but overall, it will be much easier to learn and understand in the future

Element.png
    Element

Proton green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed (attacks per second): 1.28 -> 1.25
    - Ionic Force: Damage boost: 1% for each 2% current mana -> 1% for each 1% current mana
    - Mana regeneration is now affected by Sorcery (legion spell) and Starcaller’s Amplify Magic

Atom green_arrow.png
    - Health: 940 -> 910
    - DPS: 38.5 -> 36.3
    -- Damage: 30 -> 29
    -- Attack speed (attacks per second): 1.28 -> 1.25
    - Ionic Force: Damage boost: 1% for each 2% current mana -> 1% for each 1% current mana
    - Mana regeneration is now affected by Sorcery (legion spell) and Starcaller’s Amplify Magic

Forsaken.png
    Forsaken

Gateguard red_arrow.png
    - Hound: Health: 390 -> 370

Harbinger green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 94 -> 97
    - Chaos Hound: Health: 1170 -> 1110

Hades red_arrow.png
    - Imp: Damage: 43 -> 42

Mech.png
    Mech

Tempest green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed (attacks per second): 1.28 -> 1.32

Berserker green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1850 -> 1870
    - Damage: 66 -> 67

Mercenaries
    - All mercenaries: Movement speed: 250 -> 275

Four Eyes green_arrow.png
    - Health: 2300 -> 2400
    - Attack speed (attacks per second): 1.175 -> 1.19

Kraken green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 265 -> 270

Waves
    - All waves: Movement speed: 250 -> 275

(14) Killer Slugs green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 123 -> 125

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
    Twig, Seraphon, foliesseer and 4 others like this.
  2. EinfachManuel

EinfachManuel Member

Gate change & Faster Games? o_O

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  3. Akitos

Akitos Member

Lisk, Seraphon, Saber and 1 other person like this.
  4. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Sick patch. Proton/Atom mana regeneration fixed, and they both got a pretty sick buff. A good conservative Forsaken nerf and Mech got some love, overall a pretty decent patch. But I'll probably drop a ton of elo just because I will not understand how to position the new units well with the new movement speed changes :confused:.

It's kind of sad that Militia got disabled but it makes me curious what you guys are going to do with it, especially since we had the discussion on this yesterday on the Discord. Even though Lisk said it was hard to implement it, I hope you still consider turning the workers you refund into units you can place down since that sounds really cool and unique :D.

Lisk likes this.
  5. Myrmiron

Myrmiron Member

If it was intended to not be affected by it before this patch, I have to say it feels incredible inconsistent.
    I actually thought it already worked this way, because, well, Protons have mana, and Starcaller buffs mana regeneration.

6. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Pretty sure it was intended for the Proton and Atom to have the bonus mana regeneration from the beginning since they fixed it after there was a bug report made and Jules said that he would look into it this patch and that he "thinks Starcaller should be able to increase Proton/Atom's mana" on the Discord.
    [​IMG]

Lisk likes this.
  7. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

Hi guys.

I think “most” of the changes seems solid. I would point out that it’s good that wave 14 received a buff, since it felt lackluster to send on that wave. Hopefully it will open some possibilities so that every game won’t have sends on wave 15.

I think the game went in the wrong direction with the new mythium gate. There is different reasoning behind this:

1. Now it does not matter if you hold longer. That’s a big mistake I think. Now the team with the lowest hp is gonna lose every time if it’s a death race. Even if that team held twice as long and the other team would have died multiple times. So, if you get your opponent down to under 10 percent you can just death push workers, so you secure a leak even though it means that you are fully leaking the wave. That’s a problem doesn’t you think?

2. On the other hand, it does not matter if you have someone on the team that leaks crazy fast. They will still wait until everyone is done even though they would have killed the king before the teammate could get there to defend. So the problem from the old gate still exists.

I think the mythium gate is a step in the wrong direction, because of the arguments mentioned above. It’s hard to figure out a solution, but I am gonna try anyway Why not just create a slow zone between the 2 fighting areas? That´s equivalent to the map being longer and therefore you got time to catch the leak. The game would not need the mythium gate, if a slow zone was implemented.

8. jqob

jqob Member

If you do overpush workers with a plan to make them leak after a save, you risk yourself leaking to a resend from the enemy the following wave. So it is risky to try this tactic, i don't see a problem with it.

Yes but previously if one guy leaked super fast and the other was leaking super slow, the other team would lose just because they both leaked faster than the last person on the other team. Now everyone reaches the king at the same time, so it only matters how much you leak and not how fast/slow.

9. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Like this patch. I guess it is easier to carry by oneself with this new gate.
    I'm a bit afraid about proton for early/mid game. But let's see.

God, thanks you guys for this up on 4 eyes !! I think it is not enough but still better than nothing.

10. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

First off, thank you all for listening and actually releasing the patch notes in advance. The most important aspect of this patch, is the gate change. I do agree that it's not the perfect solution, and I agree with Egekaer's points, especially number 1, seeing as this might cause quite a few problems.. But I think it's a step up from what we've had before, and I guess we'll see how it plays out.

I like every balance change made. I still think that dopple and headchef combo is busted, but maybe, just maybe, all the other nerfs in the recent patch might add up to a weaker forsaken.
    The one thing which I might have a little concern about, is the higher speed for the mercenaries, since that will add up to faster games once again, disrupting a bit of the mythium economy in those games. But I do agree that it was a needed change.

Overall, looks like a decent patch on paper, a few things which might backfire, but the gameplay should see a big improvement if everything goes right.

Nacccho and foliesseer like this.
  11. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback! Btw you can change minimap scale in interface options.

Akitos likes this.
  12. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Patch is live! Just pushed a hotfix as well to fix the catch area aggro as well as proton/atom not gaining damage properly.

13. Akitos

Akitos Member

You're very welcome <3

14. Damien Davison

Damien Davison Member

Loving the patch, as usual. Only thing I can say is, what health does my wave mob have as I'm attacking it? lol. Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to see mob health.

iWumbo likes this.
  15. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Someone look into the upgrade supply confirmation. I wanted to pre-emptively upgrade my supply during a save and I clicked yes, but it wouldn't respond. I had to click no and then wait until I was nearly supply blocked to upgrade.

16. Jules

I'm glad you're enjoying the patch!

Can you clarify? Is it because the units are too stacked on each other?
    Thanks, you are right. Added it for v2.22a.

17. Damien Davison

Damien Davison Member

Had you changed the color of the health bars at all of the enemy mob? Or am I just stupid. Could be the latter.

18. Jules

Ah, I see. We tweaked the color to make it easier to see on the minimap, but you're right - that made it harder to see on health bars. Will look into it!

foliesseer likes this.
  19. Damien Davison

Damien Davison Member

Thanks much :D

20. Twig

Twig Member

Am i wrong or do 4 rangers still fully stack on wave 10?
    Shouldt you need 7-8 rangers now to get the 9 stacks?