v2.22a/b

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, May 4, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_0504_patch.jpg

v2.22b Patch Notes

Deployed 2018.5.8.833 am (4:33 pm CET)

Thank you to everyone who has used the -bug <description> feature so far. Please include a useful description in your report (can be short). Reports with no descriptions are not reviewed.

Game Fixes

Bug Reporting
    - Now requires at least 10 character length description

Stability
    - Fixed a bug where a unit would sometimes be initialized with 0 hp (fixed a potential race condition in unit buff calculations). Thanks to PinkFluffyDragon and darkfists for bug reports.
    - Fixed a rare bug where leaked enemies would be invulnerable (they no longer become invulnerable when outside the gate)

Matchmaking

Duo Rating Adjustment
    - Flat adjustment: +40 -> +35

Two duo’d 1200s are expected to have a 55% win rate against two solo 1200s.

Casual Queue
    - If duoed vs. bots, it will no longer split the duo, no matter what rating they are

Interface Updates

Scoreboard & Builds Tab
    - Added grid lines

v2.22a Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.5.4 1:55 pm PDT (09:55 pm CET)

Micropatch with a new bug report feature, matchmaking improvements, and bug fixes. The next Atlantean fighter and its two upgrades are fully designed, concepted, modeled, and textured. After being animated, they will be released. We've also gotten a headstart on the following Atlantean unit.

New Feature! Quick Bug Reporting
    - You can now type “-bug [bug description]” while in-game to report a bug. This will send a small report with your game logs and bug description to the devs. Making a bug report on the forum is still preferred if possible, especially if you have video/screenshots, but this is an option for reporting bugs quickly.

Game Fixes

Catch Area
    - Fixed some rare cases where catch fighters would wander up through the gate or wander down to the king area (added some failsafes to warp them back)
    - Fixed a bug where summoned units in the catch area would be invulnerable

Matchmaking
    - Queue times should now be faster for very low and very high-rated players
    - Now more heavily prioritizes finding a match for players who are waiting a long time in queue

Upgrade Supply
    - Fixed a bug where confirming supply upgrade didn't work

Map
    - Black background instead of gray
    - Added light shafts (only on high or better graphics settings)
    - Fixed some misc. lighting issues
    - Fixed some misc. map glitches

Character Inking
    - Fixed a bug where certain units like Banana Bunk/Haven had glitchy outlines (fade now correctly loops through all skinned mesh renderers instead of just topmost one)

Mac OS
    - Fixed a compatibility issue with some hardware specs

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
  2. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

I guess I have my answer on the previous thread ^^

EDIT: Could you say what do you mean by very Hight rated player and very low rated please ?

Lisk likes this.
  3. Damien Davison

Damien Davison Member

Will test these all minus the Mac OS. Will report any bugs with new report bug feature, also with video on forum. Keep up the good work guys.

That bug with the units all dancing around in the water, is that the wandering down to king area? Sorry was not recording at the time I found that bug yesterday and was also distracted. Will report if found again.

Lisk likes this.
  4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

It's not exact because it scales over time with the ratings of players, but you can think of it as <700 or 1800+ rating.

Seraphon likes this.
  5. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

I wonder what exactly the two upgrades of the turtle are gonna be :rolleyes:

Damien Davison likes this.
  6. Thilitium

Thilitium Member

Yep this happened to me with a Zeus travelling back and getting wrecked, before the creeps were released through the gate. Glad there is the new command so I can report it now :D.
    On a side note, I said I would be back to LTD2 with 2v2, and that worked for me, I very much like being paired with people that are more of my level, and my ELO is climbing faster than ever right now. Seems that I was right : I was not playing 16h a day and couldn't carry 3 people everytime, this is a big relief for me. 4v4 was still fun, and as I said at the time, it would be great if it can come back as soon as the playerbase can support it. But for now, 2v2 is the best cause I can speak with the other players, we make plans, succeed or fail, but it is really fun. Not like the dumpster 4v4 communication we had before. Thumbs up for this "darefull" change that IMO fits better with the playerbase right now, and really improves 1200-1500 ELO game experience.

deutscherhawk and Lisk like this.
  7. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Yeah that should be included in this bug fix. Thanks Damien!

Damien Davison likes this.
  8. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

If I use -bug, will you see who used the command? Or should I put my (forum) username in the bug report?

9. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Awesome that you keeping us updating on new units progress.
    I very much like the direction game is going ATM, agree with pretty much everything you guys did since 2-3 patches ago.

Maybe slightly nerfing headcheff next haha.

Lisk, Seraphon and Damien Davison like this.
  10. Malik Ibrahim

Malik Ibrahim Member

bring back 4 vs 4 please

Triton likes this.
  11. Lisk

It will include your in-game username. Hopefully it matches your Discord name - if so, then I may @ mention you in Discord if I want to follow up on a particular report. Thanks for asking!

We are still evaluating it - thanks for the feedback.

JetWylie likes this.
  12. Lisk

v2.22b is live with some bug fixes! See the original post for all the changes.

13. Prosock

Prosock Member

by the time you arrive at the conclusion that your entire gaming community has drawn a long time ago, it might be to late.

14. Lisk

Hopefully not!

Patch v2.22b is live now! (had to revert it last night due to a bug)

Themryon, Seraphon and JetWylie like this.
  15. JetWylie

JetWylie Member

Sadly I agree, I play one or 2 games a day now vs 6 or so before. I don’t even want to play normal anymore because I matched with a team who spam sends brutes on 4 or 6. A’s well there is no more social aspect to the game anymore, it’s almost boring and repetitive. I still get match made with bots in casual sometimes. I love this game a lot, but I am losing interest in it since 2v2. I understand that you guys need to make money and this is a business decision. I hope you succeed in whatever you do anyway, you guys have created an amazing game.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  16. Lisk

Thanks for the feedback and praise for the game. I appreciate your honesty! The 2v2 decision isn't about making money - it's about trying to make the best game possible.

I think we could have an open forum discussion about 4v4 vs. 2v2 now that it's been about a month, and everyone has had a chance to play 2v2.

17. Twig

Twig Member

Wow im tilted atm... had a game where i picked my mm roll and after i placed my nm my game froze.. couldnt push or do anything (not even ooen the menu via esc) except scrolling arounf on map.. my healthbar turned white..
    When i reconnected i tryed -bug... my game fully crashed and even took 10 s to alt f4..
    The game was done for me obviously..
    Tryed the -bug before the game end again and it crashed again...
    I mean u try to help the devs improve the game by giving feedback and get punished by another freeze.. so i dont know whether this bug-report-freeze is a generell thing.. but if it is i really have to say.. ultimative fail

18. Lisk

I understand your frustration - it's been tricky to reproduce, but I'm deploying a patch right now that should fix this.

Twig likes this.
  19. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

Lisk, I want both 2v2 and 4v4. I want to be available to choose, when I can choose more options, the game will be more playable in hours. So if you had 2v2/3v3/4v4 normal, you will get more premades by friends.. I know I would.. Boring when you have 2+ friends playing, since you have to choose another game to play, since you can't play with all. We all wanna play for rating, or other games would Call it, "ranked".

20. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

That could be an option with a playerbase larger. At the moment this is absolutely not possible I think. you can watch my post here : https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/dear-jules-and-lisk.15099/