1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.25: Pollywog, Seraphin, and Devilfish

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Jun 8, 2018.

1. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

It is a T1 unit that has two different upgrade options, yes. In addition to that, each night (build phase) you have the option switch to the other upgrade. Obviously you don't want to upgrade the unit, since that lowers your chances to get the Pollywog card. :p

Curing likes this.
  2. Muaddib

Muaddib Member

'In addition to that, each night (build phase) you have the option switch to the other upgrade. ' hmm, So if I upgrade it do Seraphin, for example, I have to pay gold for another upgrade to Devilfish, and then decide to switch them at Nighttime?

Curing likes this.
  3. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

No, you can change to the other upgrade for free at night time. You only pay the 85g once. You can also head into a custom game and reroll by typing "-builder 4", until you get the Pollywog to play around with.

Curing likes this.
  4. Muaddib

Muaddib Member

Thanks, mate :)))

Curing likes this.
  5. Akitos

Akitos Member

Yeah.. I've already got this posted like 5 times on YT comments ahaha. Appearently I am the only monkey who didn't understand.

Awesome <3 You're the best.

6. Crazy

Crazy Member

Are you crazed? Overwork was way too strong. It propably still is. Winning a game where you are behind pre 10 with overwork in play is almost impossible

7. jqob

jqob Member

Definetly need to buff the T1 unit. Its upgrades seem to not be super bad, but the t1 itself is super useless

8. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Both do. Unupgraded it needs both more damage and hp.
    And upgraded i think just hp would be fine.
    Like, i get that the ranged version is supposed to be a dps, but its a 100 cost unit, and a fiend kills it in literally 3 seconds.

9. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Will be buffing in v2.25a (planned for Monday).

Also, heads up to everyone: wave 19 is really OP right now because of this change:
    Will address in v2.25a.

10. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

OOOOOOh, so thats why.
    I was losing my mind over why the fuck 19 is so strong in this version.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  11. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Oh btw, thats also why honeyflower is too strong atm.

12. Akitos

Akitos Member

I gotta ask: why the fuck did you not revert that particular "improvement" until you got it working properly? I mean, the wave 19 shit is seriously gamebreaking, while leaving this improvement out for a couple more days would not be. So yeah, I don't really get why you leave this change in place. Just lost a game on 19 where we were crazy far ahead throughout the mid/late game, our king was at 100% and theirs at 12%. But hey, I leaked pretty much instantly because my double haven with hero & head chef melted like it was a god damn tier 1, while the guy with 700 less value and lots of small crap units leaked A LOT slower and our 100% king got melted down in seconds. Not gamebreaking at all. But hey, at least dark ritual and savior, two spells that pretty much no one ever uses, work better now. That's good right? Please, take your time. You didn't break the game at all.

13. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Aaand, that's not even taking into account how OP fire elemental is because of the change.. I don't even see the reason of this change in the first place

14. Akitos

Akitos Member

Did you know that honey holds snail on 2 now? XDD

15. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Yep, i found out last night.. I said on the discord that it might hold wave 2 with snail, and jqob tested it..

16. jqob

jqob Member

dont find it as crucial as fire ele + 1 aqua holding brute on 3 with 240 value, not to mention other waves..

17. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

I mean.. I saw fire elemental hold fiend 2 without anything added (the player was afk for a wave...)
    Now I had a game where I sent a brute on 3, and resent a dino on 4... He held EASILY with around 310 value... He could have held like 40 mythium more pretty easily.. At this moment might as well call the following patches "coldfixes" because, they for sure ain't hot right now.

18. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

I mean, i was even playign with Jules on day 1 of the patch.
    As he went 8 workers 4 with hf. We did 300 re send on 14 on a guy that had 3 d caps, which he held easily. And also on 19, jules were something like 1,5k overvalued and leaked the full wave. So i think they were aware of the problems from the get go.

I think its just how they see things, just like grarl and millenium, despite being obviously broken they leave it out for a time to get info on it, and then nerf it "right" on the first time.
    Which fucking sucks if you ask me, cause as i've said, we keep playing this weeklong broken meta.

So thats why i play the patches on day 1, just before everyone figures the broken shit out, give my feedback here, and stay way from the game for 5 days, until its playable again.

19. Akitos

Akitos Member

Fire ele always held fiend on 2, unless unlucky. Just saying.

There is a difference between having overtuned things, and things being completly gamebreaking due to a bug which was introduced with something that was supposed to be an improvement... It just makes no sense to not revert this particular change until they fixed the issue.

20. jqob

jqob Member

think he meant fiend on 3