1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.30: Angler, Bounty Hunter, & Kingpin

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Jul 3, 2018.

1. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Ye 1400+ means all games with an average elo above 1400
    v2.3 with 1400+ elo: 4050 games
    v2.3 with 1600+ elo: 1412 games
    v2.3 with 1800+ elo: 383 games
    v2.3 with 2000+ elo: 68 games
    You can go to https://test.ltdstats.com/stats?patch=v2.30%&avgelo=1400 to look up win/pickchances for every patch etc

foliesseer likes this.
  2. Themryon

Themryon Member

This made my day. This doesn't proof that mech isn't OP, BUT this proofs other things... :D

3. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

People started playing Mech in the middle of the patch (at least, for my personal experience) so I guess it's best to take a look at v2.31 and see play/winrates there.
    Thanks for this, I tried ltdstats.com earlier today but it gave me an error (invalid certificate) so I couldn't get on it. So it's good to know that the beta version of the site works too. And of course, it's really nice that I can take a look at the statistics in general :D.
    EDIT: normal site works now, I assume the site was down for maintenance?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Ye i had to change the dns record and ssl certificates

5. Crazy

Crazy Member

62% looks fairly balanced to me Kappa

6. deutscherhawk

deutscherhawk Moderator

Well Element is 100% in that same bracket and Forsaken is 0%, and when you include 1800+ (which is already like top .1% of players or something) mech drops to 45%.

There simply isn't enough data points in any elo bracket outside of 1600+ (and i'm not even convinced thats a large enough data point) to prove anything. Sample size matters a lot more than people give it credit for, and its especially true when win percentages like that are given without context

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Themryon likes this.
  7. Crazy

Crazy Member

Well to be fair there is a reason why rank 1 and 2 are basically mech onetricks.
    There is a reason why 1600 players are suddenly top 5 by just spamming one legion...

8. deutscherhawk

deutscherhawk Moderator

I wasn't saying Mech is OP or Mech was weak, I was only saying that cherry picking one statistic with no context doesn't mean anything. I'd say that any stat limited 2k+ elo games is meaningless due to a complete lack of sample size.

For the record, the real proof in my eyes that mech is strong atm isn't in winrate, its in pickrate. As you go up the elo brackets mech steadily is picked more and more,and by 1650+ it is picked as much as every other legion combined.