1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.32: Mastermind Buffs, New Mechanic: Mulligan

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_0716_patchnote.jpg

Masters Cup II

- Sign-ups close August 6 (bonus for signing up early)
    - Every team is guaranteed to play 10 games
    - Contribute to the prize pool for free by entering coupon code ltd2 or clicking event sponsor links. AutoAttack Games will 1:1 match all contributions, up to $200.

2018_0711_masterscup2_small.jpg

To sign up:
    1. You and your teammate type /join <team name> (e.g. /join Snail Kings) in Global Chat to join a private lobby.
    2. One of you types /signup while in the private lobby.
    See the Masters Cup II thread for full details.

v2.32a Patch Notes
    Deployed

Game Fixes
    - Fixed a bug that allowed you to pick two legion spells

Game Updates

Stability

- Upgraded UI framework to Coherent GT 1.16.0.2 (from 1.15.0.1)
    (this is in preparation for localization changes)

v2.32 Patch Notes
    Deployed

Game Fixes

Stability
    - Possible fixes and debug information for quit freeze bug

Mythium gate
    - Potentially fixed a bug where your leaks sometimes wouldn't wait for your ally's battle to finish

Game Balance

Mastermind buffs and some more Mech nerfs

Mastermind green_arrow.png
    - Now guaranteed at least one tier 6 fighter
    - Now guaranteed at least one T2-T6 Natural/Fortified tank or off-tank
    -- Angler, Gateguard, Mudman, Grarl, Antler, Banana Bunk
    - Bonus starting income: 2 -> 3

Mulligan.png
    New Mechanic: Mulligan
    - Can now mulligan (discard) your rolls twice before wave 1 for 10 new rolls
    -- The first mulligan costs 1 income
    -- The second mulligan costs 2 income

Tier 2

Angler.png
    Angler green_arrow.png
    - Junior Fisherman: 3 aptitude per killing blow -> 2 aptitude per killing blow (still +1 when a nearby enemy dies)
    - Maximum aptitude: 100 -> 75

BountyHunter.png
    Bounty Hunter
    - Commercial Fisherman: 3 aptitude per killing blow -> 2 aptitude per killing blow (still +1 when a nearby enemy dies)
    - Maximum aptitude: 200 -> 150

Kingpin.png
    Kingpin
    - Elite Fisherman: 1 damage per 2 aptitude -> 1 damage per 1.5 aptitude (total damage unchanged at maximum aptitude)

More viable to start Angler or to go for a second Kingpin mid-late game

Zeus.png
    Zeus green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 18 -> 19

Pyro.png
    Pyro red_arrow.png
    - Upgrade cost: 155 -> 160

Tier 3

Tempest.png
    Tempest green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1.316 -> 1.35

Leviathan.png
    Leviathan red_arrow.png
    - Health: 2800 -> 2700
    - Damage: 55 -> 50

Leviathan is still too strong by itself for being an aura fighter

Tier 6

DoomsdayMachine.png
    Doomsday Machine red_arrow.png
    - Health: 5300 -> 5250
    - Damage: 750 -> 740

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
    Seraphon, Rave, Akitos and 3 others like this.
  2. Bonny

Bonny Member

MM is pretty op now i guess.
    Can u pls tell us how to mulligan?
    Mech will still be strong but its going a good way!

Great Patch

Jules likes this.
  3. Mick

Mick Member

Very nice! I just wonder, how come you went for 2 mulligans? I think it is good to see how often people do 2 mulligans and at what moments. Although I am in favor of re-rolls, I have made a point in the past that with the available fighters being relatively low, this will make the best starter units even more common. Meaning even more games will start with aquas/honeyflowers/etc. I think it's good to see if the diversity of starting rolls and units used with master mind is not decreasing, with that decreasing the game diversity. 2 mulligans provide a bigger risk of this of course, I hope you will keep an eye on that :) anyway, great job on adding the mulligan!

Seraphon and Jules like this.
  4. nickjick

nickjick Member

I would imagine there will be a button or something? At the very least it will probably be -reroll. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be a button for it based on the fancy picture in the patch notes.

5. Jules

You click the Mulligan icon in-game. It will be obvious, don't worry.
    Great point. I agree that variety is really important. We'll be adding more units and will also nerf any overly dominant openings.

We went with 2 mulligans because 1 felt like you could mulligan, then get a worse roll and feel pretty bad. Two just felt like the sweet spot. There wasn't a perfect science to it.

Mick likes this.
  6. Bonny

Bonny Member

And will enemy players see if i did Mulligan?

7. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

NOOOICE!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you able to mulligan just when choosing? Or can you build and then use it(before level 1)?

8. Jules

Nope!
    Only when choosing.

9. ryan40k

ryan40k Member

I think it's goot to make mm the strongest Legion.

However I feel it's important to keep the other races viable. I agree to the mech changes and I think grove is solid but it feels like Forsaken and Element are just underwhelming right now.

10. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Is it me or 20 is only holdable with doomsdays now?

CandleLight likes this.
  11. Zbigniew

Zbigniew Member

Agree. I have been playing element since the release and it's honestly terrible now. Mastermind is so OP. I rarely see anyone playing anything but MM now.

I dislike the idea of putting everything into mastermind and just letting the other teams be/suffer.

12. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

Maybe i'm just playing other legions wrong, but it feels to me like mech might be a little bit too strong? Am I off on this? Has there been any feedback from the devs? I dont know and just want to know what other people think, havent seen much discussion on this topic.

deutscherhawk and Myrmiron like this.
  13. Infinity

Infinity Member

It's you. It's doable with quite a lot of builds. Hades coming to my mind first.

14. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Thats not exactly my point mate. Fatas are quite worse against the new 20.
    And something being good on 20 is also not a huge factor on race or unit strenght or balance.

I leaked to a shaman + junk send with hades starcaller build really close to value. Thats why i'm saying this.

~~
    I don't exactly have a problem with this, because i agree with jules that games should seldom get past 20. I just legit want to know viable strats against it. Cause lately i only held with a spread doomsday backline.

15. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Ok, some of you guys really made me salty. So let me make a few points here, and if you can't find counter arguments to them, DON'T EVER COMPLAIN THAT LEGIONS ARE WEAKER THAN MASTERMIND.

But to get one thing out of the way, why do you even think that legions are nowhere close to mastermind now?
    - The income increase, gives mastermind 10 more gold by wave 10 than on the last patch, where legions kicked the crap out of mastermind. 10 more gold. Is that a serious increase? I doubt.
    - The mulligan option was introduced to remove the possibility of complete shit rolls from mastermind. Guess what, LEGIONS STILL HAVE TOP TIER ROLLS. If I'd have a mastermind roll with proton, aqua spirit, windhawk, mudman, disciple and fenix, I'll gladly pick it and consider it a really amazing roll. So legions are still REALLY strong.

Now let me get to the actual points.
    1. Why the frick should a legion which takes a few hours to master (maybe less if you follow a guide) be stronger than mastermind, a legion which involves more skill, and takes way longer to master?
    2. You all guys are talking like mastermind is now 97.375% stronger than any other legion. That's completely FALSE. You can still easily get to top 100 spamming a legion (and top 100 is top 0.1%), and I BET you can still easily get to top 10 spamming a legion. If you ask me, getting into top 100 mastering a legion is somewhat fine. BUT if you expect to be on par with players who invested hundreds of hours of this game just by spamming one legion build, you are completely wrong. Legions shouldn't get anywhere near top 20. But you all guys are talking like if you can't get to rank 1 spamming forsaken, forsaken is too weak, which is really funny.

No, this patch did not kill legions. They are still just as strong, Mech is still fairly strong, spamming legions will still get you to the top. But hopefully, they won't be able to get you to rank 1 anymore, because that's what happened in the last 2 patches and it was retarded.

Crazy, reflektor, iWumbo and 4 others like this.
  16. Dundergrabben

Dundergrabben Member

Your points:

>A few hours to MASTER a legion
    >Using a guide
    Hahahahahaha

2. Those stats are just taken out of your ass. Mastermind is at least 98.12% better
    Sources: My ass.

No but seriously though, I feel that in the game as a whole the legions and mastermind is closing in on getting more and more equal in strength. Mastermind is always going to be a bit wonky to balance because of random fighters meaning one game it can be incredible and one game it can be a pile of dicks.

The top players really should stop making the devs feel obliged to cater to them just because "hurr I've played this game the most, therefore my opinion matters most". A top player buying the game earns the devs just as much as a total noob buying it.
    Granted, however, a top player will know what is broken or not.

What's my point?

17. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

There's no real answer to that point, since it's purely design-based. Both approaches would make sense and it's really just a matter of preference. You can design the game with legions being stronger or mastermind being stronger. And your decision on design is basically the answer "why" one should be stronger than the other.

18. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Just here to let u guys know straight up spamming deepcoilers is viable now.

Thanks, bye. Kisses.

CandleLight, JetWylie and Diocletir like this.
  19. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Actually I don't really understand the problem about balancing Legions and Mastermind. Each has his rank and it should be the most important. The question should be more about picking something else than Mastermind in rank.
    I mean, for me, after a certain elo (like 1600 for example) people could only pick Mastermind except if we accept to do like League of Legends by having OTP players in high elo. Problem is, contrary to League of Legends, there is no ban system. So, people will automatically get what they want.

Anyways, at the moment, I think the problem is not about balancing all legions. It's about ranking games system.

FaithOfHeaven and Wurakls like this.
  20. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

Overall a fairly good patch. I still think its a big flaw that legions dont have specific weaknesses. I think the developing team should rethink how they balance legions, since these small changes wont do it in the long run.

MEch is still gonna be crazy strong in the hands of a good player. At least you have a chance now when you face average players, but this is mostly because of the buff to mm and not because of the minimal nerf to mech.

Personally i would prefer if you followed Akitos proposal of making high ranked games mm only. If not i think you should add a feature so that you can choose to only face other mm players. I know you previously said that this was impossible because of the low playerbase, but i think it could be done anyway.

Furthermore i have to agree with Rosh. I think people are mistaken if they think legions are weak now. They will stay strong forever If they stay without specific weaknesses. the reason for this is that nerf to specific units in a specific legion also have a negative impact on the use of that unit in mm.

foliesseer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.