1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.34: Priestess of the Abyss, Azeria, Atlantean Release

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_0806_Azeria.jpg

Announcements

Masters Cup II
    The Masters Cup II participant list and bracket are up! We have 42 teams signed up with representation from Germany, Bulgaria, Romania, The United States, Austria, The Netherlands, Poland, France, Canada, Spain, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, and Belgium.

The tournament will be casted and streamed live beginning August 11th at 10am PST (7pm CEST). Get ready to watch the most competitive Legion TD 2 you've ever seen!

Thank you!
    As a thank you to jitsuc4 for helping us fix such a critical bug, Curing made this:
    ThankyouJitsuc4_small.jpg

If you ever experience an issue, here are the best ways to help (in order of helpfulness):

1. Repro steps
    2. Video
    3. Screenshot
    4. Logs
    5. Report it on the forums (LegionTD2.com/community)
    6. Report it in-game using the -bug command
    7. Let us know in Discord (LegionTD2.com/chat)

If you experience a bug, there's a 95% chance we're not aware of it, and probably 100 other people that had the same bug but didn't report it. If you see something, say something!

v2.34a Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.8.8 11:30 am PDT (8:30 pm CEST)

Translations

- French is now enabled
    - Fixed some translation issues

Sea Serpent & Deepcoiler

- Auras now work properly on them (Leech, Energize, Hero, etc.)

Grarl, Ocean Templar, & King Claw
    - Fixed some bugs with Delicacy

Devilfish & Seraphin
    - Fixed a bug where Adapt would cause it to lose dynamically added abilities, like Hero, Villain, etc.

Lifesteal
    - Units no longer lifesteal any damage dealt to allies/self (e.g. Vampirism)

Priestess of the Abyss & Azeria
    - Dark Mage now considers their ability when selecting a target for Mind Warp

v2.34 Patch Notes
    Deployed 2018.8.7 9:20 am PDT (6:20 pm CEST)

NEW! Atlantean Released

With the release of Priestess of the Abyss and Azeria, Atlantean is now officially playable as a legion! Atlantean features 16 units that are unique to the Legion TD 2 world: Pollywog, Seraphin, Devilfish, Angler, Bounty Hunter, Kingpin, Sea Serpent, Deepcoiler, Grarl, Ocean Templar, King Claw, Priestess of the Abyss, Azeria, Eggsack, Hydra, and Hydraling.

PriestessOfTheAbyss_small.png

Priestess of the Abyss
    - Cost: 190 gold + 1 supply
    - Movement type: Ground
    - Health: 1400 (Arcane)
    - Damage: 33 (Magic)
    - Attack speed: 0.91
    - Range: 600
    - Ability: Echostrike: Each attack launches 2 extra attacks, dealing 100% damage

This is mostly a flavor ability, but it does make her stronger with flat damage modifiers such as APS/MPS

via Sketchfab

Azeria_small.png

Azeria
    - Upgrade Cost: 350 gold + 1 supply
    - Movement type: Ground
    - Health: 3500 (Arcane)
    - Damage: 67 (Magic)
    - Attack speed: 0.91
    - Range: 600
    - Ability: Echostrike: Each attack launches 2 extra attacks, dealing 100% damage + 0.04% max health
    - Ability: Invigorate: Buffs herself, granting +100% attack speed and healing for 10% missing health/sec for 5 seconds (mana cost: 20)

via Sketchfab

NEW! French

Legion TD 2 is now translated into French, in addition to Russian, German, Spanish, Castilian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, and Dutch. Thank you to everyone who contributed.

Game Updates

Mastermind Rolls
    - Fixed a bug where Bazooka (Pyro) was inadvertently satisfying the condition of “tank” for Mastermind rolls

Pathing & Targeting
    - Reenabled some pathing & targeting improvements from v2.33 (they had been temporarily reverted while investigating the game drop bug, which is now resolved)

Profiles
    - Fixed a bug where profiles stopped loading after you viewed 4 profiles

Translations
    - Fixed a number of broken translations

Wale green_arrow.png
    - Icon updated to no longer be meme-worthy

WaleLegacy.png -> Wale.png

Game Balance

We’re intentionally not changing much to avoid disrupting the meta before the Masters Cup II. The goal is to nudge fighters with small balance tweaks, so we see a wide variety of rolls and openings.

Legion Spells

Sorcery(SpellDamage).png
    Sorcerer (Spell Damage) green_arrow.png
    - No longer reduced on Honeyflower and Deathcap

This makes the combo strong, as it should be, just like other combos in the game (e.g. Hero + Kingpin, Villain + Banana Haven, and Vampire + Fenix).

Tier 1

BoneWarrior.png
    Bone Warrior red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 0.91 -> 0.89

Buzz.png
    Buzz green_arrow.png
    - Health: 170 -> 180
    - Attack speed: 1.08 -> 1.11

Consort.png
    Consort green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1.08 -> 1.1

Peewee.png
    Peewee red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1 -> 0.98

Tier 2

AquaSpirit.png
    Aqua Spirit red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 0.78 -> 0.76

Tier 3

SeaSerpent.png
    Sea Serpent red_arrow.png
    - Health: 770 -> 760

Deepcoiler.png
    Deepcoiler red_arrow.png
    - Health: 2280 -> 2250

Counter waves: 5, 9, 11, 15, 18, 20
    Counter mercenaries: Siege Ram, Dino, (Giant) Snail, Centaur

Gateguard.png
    Gateguard green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 31 -> 32

Harbinger.png
    Harbinger green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1950 -> 1970
    - Damage: 112 -> 117

Tier 4

Grarl.png
    Grarl red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 0.833 -> 0.819

OceanTemplar.png
    Ocean Templar green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Upgrade cost: 195 -> 185
    - Resonance: Heal: 25 + 0.4% max health -> 30

This makes Ocean Templar more appealing early game with lower tier fighters, such as Green Devil, rather than always paired with expensive tanks.

Honeyflower.png
    Honeyflower green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1100 -> 1140

The Dragon Turtle last patch change hit Honeyflower’s ability to consistently push 5 workers on wave 2. This buff won’t change that, but it’s some compensation. This buff is intentionally conservative because we’re happy with the high variety of openings in the game and don’t want Honeyflower to be overly dominant.

Tier 6

BananaHaven.png
    Banana Haven red_arrow.png

- Health: 6150 -> 6050
    - Damage: 56x3 -> 55x3

DoomsdayMachine.png
    Doomsday Machine red_arrow.png
    - Detonation: Damage: 180 (110 to flying) -> 170 (100 to flying)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. foliesseer

foliesseer Member

You vs The guy she tells you not to worry about.

3. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

Ocean Templar [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Upgrade cost: 195 -> 185
    - Resonance: Heal: 25 + 0.4% max health -> 25

- Not Wurth buying anymore, huge nerf with only 10g reduce… :confused::eek:

Edit: At least make it +30

CORR0S1VE, reflektor and Seraphin like this.
  4. holepercent

holepercent Member

needs more hype for Atlantean...

some more excuse to start work on a revised column?

Jules and Themryon like this.
  5. Jules

Made it +30. I think it might be too strong, but I'll see what other people think. This is why we post patch notes early!

Ceeboz and Seraphin like this.
  6. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Might wanna change the link here, so it's not redirecting you from facebook to the ltd2 website.

Seraphin, Saber, Jules and 1 other person like this.
  7. Saber

Saber Member

I think +30 should be fine maybe a littlebit to strong (+28 ?) because you pay 10 less gold.

Some Math:
    Bunk + Ocean Templar(old) = 25 + (~12) = 37 hp per sec
    Heaven + Ocean Templar(old) = 25 + (~25) = 50 hp per sec

devilfish + ocean templar(old) = 25 + (~5) = 30 hp per sec
    consort + ocean templar(old) = 25 + (~3) = 28 hp per sec
    veteran + ocean templar(pld) = 25 + (~6) = 31 hp per sec

Now we get to the good stuff :D
    gargoyle + ocean templar(old) = 25 + (~1) = 26 hp per sec

New Ocean Templar = +30 hp per sec

So we get Ocean Templar for 10 less Gold but it is super bad on Tanks especially on Heaven/Fatalizer/Doomday because they suffer alot from the removed 0.4%.
    But on the other site it is far stronger on small units especially Gargoyle/Greendevil and you have 10 gold more to spend on peewee boost or another t1/t2.

Seraphin and Jules like this.
  8. FaithOfHeaven

FaithOfHeaven Member

Peewee [​IMG]
    - Attack speed: 1.08 -> 1.1
    This is a boost, not a nerf^^

Aqua Spirit [​IMG]
    - Attack speed: 0.78 -> 0.76
    Wasn't this unit already nerfed with the arcane change? It was still pretty strong but it feels like this is gonna hurt alot for element^^

9. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

Thank you, Jules! Listning to the communityLove :D
    Now I like the patch very well! Looking forward to play it when deployed. :p:p

Jules likes this.
  10. Jules

Fixed, thanks.
    According to the data, both Element and Aqua Spirit are too strong. Aqua Spirit is pretty over-statted and is one of the most used and highest win rate fighters.
    Thanks for the analysis. I did the same math. It’s hard to predict because, while it is a lot stronger with with lower tier fighters like Green Devil, I rarely saw Ocean Templar used with those fighters. It was always used with expensive fighters such as Banana Haven, Fatalizer, Doppelganger, Fenix, Kingpin, Hydra, Whitemane, Golem, and Canopie.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Seraphin, Saber, Ceeboz and 1 other person like this.
  11. Themryon

Themryon Member

To be honest, i am kind of intrigued that you regularly say: nerf because of "the most used fighter", imho it is not a good statistic to base your nerfs on.

You can easily get a flow like this: Fire element is mostly used as opener => let's nerf fire element.
    Now Aqua spirit is mostly used as opener => let's nerf Aqua spirit
    Maybe next patch mudman is mostly used as opener => let's nerf that...

I am not saying that this nerf is not needed (i don't know actually, i'm to low elo for that) but i'm just saying that "most used fighter" is not a good statistic to base your nerfs on.

SiegeMentality likes this.
  12. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Well I'm a bit afraid about this changes concerning Buzz. It could be a bit too strong.
    Ocean templar changes are very interesting and this is very hard to know how it will be used now. But I'm afraid it could be a very good counter to a centaur in late game. Also, I never tried but, summon units get the aura buff too ? If yes, Harbinger could be very strong with Ocean Templar now.
    I'm not sure the nerf on deepcoiler is good. Maybe you should change the cost and/or damage on hit rather HP. Let's see how it goes. Honeyflower buff was not necessary I think but since it is just a small buff let's try.

I'm very happy French translation is available and will try it to find bugs/mistakes. :)

Jules likes this.
  13. Diocletir

Diocletir Member

Am i missing somthing or does her passiv just makes her weaker vs mole and stronger with on-hit (there is just Butcher right now) effects? After all the flat damage modifiers will be divided be 3 as well... ?

But overall i like the patch, though i think u should more often buff weaker units instead of just nerving the stronger ones.

Jules likes this.
  14. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

@Themryon aqua spirit spam is completely broken as a spammable unit late game too
    I'll take bazooka as a comparison even though bazooka is cheaper, and I'll let you decide why aqua spirit is really strong

Bazooka: 45g, 24 dps, 320hp
    Aqua spirit: 50g, 23 dps, 400hp

So far it looks ok-ish, right? for 5 more gold, you get -1 dps and +80 hp. So these units are really comparable on single target. Until you notice that aqua spirit's DPS does not take into account the spell (bounce). Bounce which gets increased by rogue wave's debuff as well, since it is considered a spell.

Bazooka: 45g, 24 dps, 320hp
    Aqua spirit: 50g, 23 dps (+11.5dps), 400hp

So now, it looks completely different. For 5 more gold, you get +10.5 dps and +80 hp.

@Diocletir it also works with aps/mps extra damage, but yeah, that's pretty much it. I wonder if an unit dies after the first 2 missiles if the 3rd one hits another unit. That would also be cool since it would prevent overkilling a bit. I think it also works with rogue wave/sorcerer extra damage, since it should be considered a spell, but that makes the unit atrocious dps wise on 14. I think 14 might be one of the weakest atlantean waves, besides 20.
    L.E. I forgot about ranger/green devil

And I agree with seraphon, the buzz/consort buff, might make them a little bit stronger than average.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Jules, Themryon and Seraphin like this.
  15. Miniwabit

Miniwabit Member

Vampire bug so much.
    If you try to buff some deepcoiler or see serpent with it it fail you don't know why but the units undergrounds don't get this buff.
    If you do it on Fire Lord / Fenix it destroy the mana shield in 2 seconds because it make it passive bug.

So Fenix + Vampire should be strong, for the moment it makes just loose games

16. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Fenix + Vamp IS strong. And it's exactly because the vampire degen triggers the mana shield, so the fenix gets increased damage while almost losing no life, rather it's gaining life by leeching.

Jules and Seraphin like this.
  17. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Nice!
    Kind of agree with all the slight balances, not sure why nerf bone warrior tho.

The new unit art is the SICKEST in all game. Holy shit.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Atlantean as a legion will be bonkers when optimized.

Curing, Jules and Robert Mends like this.
  18. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Been saying this forever... For the longest time, every patch nerfed fire archers because everyone was using them. My thought always was, how do you make the other units as useful as fire archers? Instead, we just nerf-nerf-nerf...

@Curing - You came through on that promise and gave me #goals.

Curing likes this.
  19. Jules

Sorry about that. This is a known bug, which we plan to fix in a future patch.
    This is intended. Vampire is bad on Fire Lord but very strong on Fenix because losing mana increases its damage.
    Yes, it works on summons!
    I know it's a bit unintuitive, but usage rate is actually one of the best metrics to use for game balance. It's not perfect, especially in games where one thing is a lot more fun/appealing than another (e.g. Ahri vs. Urgot in League of Legends). However, if you assume everyone is playing to win, usage rate is highly indicative of power. More used = more situations where this unit was optimal. Less used = fewer situations where this unit was optimal. Given that we aren't actually omnipotent robots playing 100% to win, usage rate is an imperfect metric, which is why we also consider win rate and the unit's base stats. Aqua Spirit has broken base stats, high win rate, and high usage rate, which is why it was nerfed.

This is actually one of my favorite topics (game balance as a science), so if you want to talk more, I'd love to. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Appreciate you bringing this up, but it's actually the reverse! Historically, we've done more buffs than nerfs, which is called "power creep." On average, every unit in the game is stronger than it was 6 months ago. This exists in many games because it's easier for devs to buff something without anyone getting upset, but as soon as your nerf something, people bring out their pitchforks. I'm doing my best to not introduce power creep into the game by having a mix of buffs and nerfs - that's the best way to maintain a healthy, balanced game in the long run.

20. Crazy

Crazy Member

Way too strong atm that templar lul