1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.34: Priestess of the Abyss, Azeria, Atlantean Release

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Crazy

Crazy Member

@Jules could you please make the old icon available in the ingame store? Or let us buy codes, or do anything :( I want my cute derp back </3 I loved that little fellow. He was there for me, with me, when we first climbed Top 10, when we first climbed Top 10 and when we climbed Top 5. I adore him and I love him, bring him back please RIP Waley #notmywale (still gj @Curing but there is nothing as cute as derpy wale)

2. Crazy

Crazy Member

back to patchnotes: aqua nerf might not be nough, atlantean is way overtuned, Ocean Templars life reg is too high (as Jules expected) its straight up insane on garg/ greendevil (go into testing place and ocean templar with a garg and a greendevil and watch them roll xD + its in a spot right now on which you dont have to shift for it anymore which increased its strength even more). But at least the lifereg now falls off late (which is great considering how insane it was lategame with whitemane or Haven). And Deepcoiler might need a harder shift from either health or attackspeed I think it still is too strong. Overall a great patch and I fear I might gonna cry a lot when seeing Atlantean this week Q.Q

Seraphon and Jules like this.
  3. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

upload_2018-8-7_21-49-19.png

4. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Deepcoiler still nuts. Its the best addition you can get for a bunch of builds. Specially with the hydra, which gets countered by GK 8, but deepcoilers can promptly ignore it, being actually better than any spell caster to that effect. Probably the best unit to spam early on, upgraded and unupgraded, now that aqua was nerfed(it also deserved a bigger nerf tbh).

I would also remove the 9 send recomendation against it in the patch text @Jules , because it really isn't the case, sending 9 usually will only hurt you more.

I think it will at least be kind of a trade off situation, where you can either build to hold 14 or 15, but should be super easy to get to 14 immaculate.
    But its completely broken as it is. Completely.

5. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Member

upload_2018-8-7_22-21-5.png
    Also please ban Rosh for cheating :mad:

6. Curing

Curing Art Director Staff Member

Lmao #notmywale!! Fret not, we are as attached to that guy as you are. We kept the old icon in our vault for... future uses. ;)

Robert Mends likes this.
  7. iWumbo

iWumbo Member

First, did u move the "create new thread" button on the forums? I'm searching for 10minutes now.

Dark mage prefers units like Fire Elemental or Whitemane over Priestess of the Abyss and Azeria. Looks like the abilities of these two units are not included in the calculation for the dark mage buff.

Attached Files:

8. Crazy

Crazy Member

Keeping Waleter locked away sounds cruel tho

9. reflektor

reflektor Member

Sad about more nerfs to aqua but at this point it's expected

10. Infinity

Infinity Member

11. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

No one touched it to my knowledge. See top right. You can't create a new thread in some forums, such as Announcements, so that may be why.
    2018-08-07_20h39_36.png

Will fix next patch, thank you!

FaithOfHeaven and iWumbo like this.
  12. Tyndeskov

Tyndeskov Member

Just wanted to inform, that the cost is not the same, on the forum as on the website :) :
    upload_2018-8-8_14-34-7.png

deutscherhawk likes this.
  13. Akitos

Akitos Member

Jules, Saber, Themryon and 1 other person like this.
  14. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Btw @Roshkatul made the right prediction @Jules , tanks sometimes fuck up 5.
    Just made a guy leak 50% of the wave with a turt and snail re send, just so i could value up, he focused the scorpion king last.
    Guessing the prob is with turt.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Roshkatul likes this.
  15. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Yes, I just noticed this yesterday.

Dragon turtle and snail sometimes tank wave 5 mini boss. I leaked pretty hard yesterday because that happened. What's worse is that it seems pretty random at the moment.

Prophetkatul at it again.

16. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v2.34a with some fixes. We're intentionally not changing anything complex right now (like pathing) because it's too risky, and we don't want to introduce any new issues.
    French
    - Now enabled

Translations
    - Fixed some translation issues

Sea Serpent & Deepcoiler
    - Auras now work properly on them (Leech, Energize, Hero, etc.)

Grarl & King Claw & Ocean Templar
    - Fixed some bugs with Delicacy

Devilfish & Seraphin
    - Fixed a bug where Adapt would cause it to lose dynamically added abilities, like Hero, Villain, etc.

Lifesteal
    - No longer lifesteal any damage dealt to allies (e.g. Vampirism)

Priestess of the Abyss & Azeria
    - Dark Mage now considers their ability when selecting a target for Mind Warp

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
    Seraphon, iWumbo and Jules like this.
  17. Jules

@Akitos To clarify, we reenabled pathing improvements, which is a good thing.

Timeline:
    - v2.33: Pathing improvements (good)
    - v2.33 hotfixes: Reverted pathing improvements from v2.33 and previous patches while we were investigating the game drop bug (bad)
    - Fixed the game drop bug (good)
    - v2.34: Reenabled the previously reverted pathing improvements (good)

Regarding the Gateguard/Harbinger buff, we never buff units just because of low usage rate. We also consider their base stats and win rate. In v2.33, you had a 44% chance of winning the game if you took Gateguard in your roll.

Thanks for the patch note reviews, as always! I love watching them.
    Hmm okay, I didn't realize this was happening. Will have to fix in a future patch. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  18. xper

xper Member

crashing on mac... animatedbackground is off... same on mac book pro and air.
    upload_2018-8-8_21-26-10.png

19. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Are you guys happy with where hydra is at?
    How exactly do you guys play against it?

20. Jules

Sorry that happening, xper. Can you attach your logs? Here's a guide on how to do that: https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/reporting-bugs-finding-your-game-logs.9413/

We're working on fixing this issue, and the logs will be very helpful.
    Having Eggsack in your roll has exactly a 50% win rate, both in low-rated and high-rated games. I think it's in a pretty good spot - maybe a bit too strong once players learn how to use it effectively. Time will tell.

One way I play against it is to not always send on 2/3 to break the Eggsack. Instead, you can starve them and then send a Drake on 6, Drake + Hermit on 7, or Ghost Knight on 8. I've made multiple Hydra starts leak the entire wave on 8 with a Ghost Knight.

Another strategy is to start Bone Crusher for slow clears, which means you can sometimes send 60 on 2 or 80 on 3, which breaks the Eggsack.