1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.39: Harpy, Sky Queen

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2018_1005_Harpy.jpg

Upcoming Sale!
    Legion TD 2 will be 50% off for 2 weeks starting on October 9th

v2.39a Patch Notes
    Expected release: Wednesday, October 10

Bots

- Fixed a bug where bots would push workers on the same wave the opponents sent
    - Fixed a bug where bots taking over for leavers sometimes wouldn’t build (and would actually cause the game to lag)
    - Now smarter about overbuilding & not pushing workers against a long save
    - Now smarter about placing sea serpents and harpies
    - Refactored & reorganized logs for future bot debugging
    If anyone is interested in helping test bots in the future, you can type -bot in debug mode to have a bot take over your lane.

Auras
    - Fixed a bug where sometimes auras wouldn't get applied if your lane aggroed too quickly (Aura targets are now computed at the start of the wave, rather than when the ability is cast)
    - Fixed a bug where units with multiple auras would only use the targets of the first aura (e.g. a Leviathan with Hero - the Hero aura would mistakenly only affect flying units)

FairPlay
    - Improved UI for when FairPlay is globally disabled (now hides alert status/mute status in lobby and in-game)

Chat Commands
    - Fixed "-powerup" not showing the legion spell window

v2.39 Patch Notes

Expected release: Monday, October 8

NEW! Nomad Tier 2

Harpy_card_small.png

(T2) Harpy

- Cost: 35 gold + 1 supply
    - Movement type: Flying
    - Health: 250 (Natural)
    - Damage: 19 (Pierce)
    - Attack speed: 0.8
    - Range: 400 (Ranged)
    - Mana: 100

Acrobatics.png
    Ability: Acrobatics
    Starts with 0 mana but gains mana whenever it moves (approximately 10 mana per second of moving). Each 10 mana increases attack speed by 10%.

via Sketchfab

SkyQueen_card_small.png

(T2U) Sky Queen

- Upgrade Cost: 165 gold + 1 supply
    - Movement type: Flying
    - Health: 1250 (Natural)
    - Damage: 90 (Pierce)
    - Attack speed: 0.8
    - Range: 400 (Ranged)
    - Mana: 200

Acrobatics.png
    Ability: Acrobatics
    Starts with 0 mana but gains mana whenever it moves (approximately 10 mana per second of moving). Each 10 mana increases attack speed by 10%.

CrimsonClaws.png
    Ability: Crimson Claws
    Gains 1 mana each time it attacks

via Sketchfab

NEW! Language Option
    - Turkish!
    - Thank you to everyone who contributed. Badges will be given out this patch to Latvian, Polish, and Turkish translators
    - Some languages are not fully up-to-date. We are very close to finalizing our improved workflow for updating languages. Stay tuned for an announcement

Game Fixes

Melee Targeting
    - Fixed a bug where melee units wouldn't always target the units that aggroed them first if all targets had been attacking them for longer than 10 seconds (most noticeable on boss waves)

Gameplay Stability
    - Fixed a bug where units were able to kill allies via buffs that applied max-health damage (aka Vampire). This fixes a rare case where a player who leaked a wave wouldn't be considered as having leaked that wave. This happened if your last unit was killed by the damage from Vampire. This caused some unintended behavior, like leaks being caught in a 'warp loop' because the game thought your fighters were still in combat.

Client Stability
    - Loading Screen: added another failsafe & more debugging information

Matchmaking
    - Improved how the matchmaker handles some edge cases
    - Higher tolerance when fewer players are online
    - Now much faster for players rated below 900
    - After a match is formed, you have a 50% chance to be on the East Team or West Team (before, it was purely determined by ratings)

Bots
    - Fixed a bug where bots would sometimes not build anything
    - Bots are now smarter about using Sea Serpents/Deepcoilers

Interface Fixes
    - Fixed a bug where if you canceled your matchmaking search & requeued within 1 second, the search window would be hidden but you'd still be in queue
    - Fixed a bug where the Legion Spells window would display as cracked (used spell) when it should have been active/filling up the bar
    - Fixed a bug where the Legion Spells sound effect would play twice

Game Chat
    - Fixed a bug where typing "/all" didn't work if it wasn't all lowercase (it would swallow up your message since it thought you were typing an invalid command)
    - Typing an invalid command will now write a warning message to the console

Instead of typing "/all" we recommend using Shift+Enter

Game Balance

Light on the balance changes this patch as there hasn’t been enough time since the last patch.

King green_arrow.png
    - Fixed a bug where the King would sometimes be slow to attack the first target, especially on ranged waves (King has been stretching every morning and is now more nimble)

Tier 1

Looter.png
    Looter red_arrow.png
    - Health: 130 -> 120

Tier 3

SeaSerpent.png
    Sea Serpent red_arrow.png
    - Health: 760 -> 740

Deepcoiler.png
    Deepcoiler red_arrow.png
    - Health: 2250 -> 2200

Fixed an abuse case with Sea Serpents/Deepcoilers in which you built them in the far bottom of the lane. This fix went live on October 7.

Violet.png
    Violet green_arrow.png
    - Health: 2100 -> 2150

Tempest.png
    Tempest green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - DPS: 44.6 -> 36.7
    -- Attack speed: 1.35 -> 1.11
    - Anti-Air Turret removed
    - New ability: Machine Gunner: Deals 10 damage every 0.5 seconds to a nearby ground unit

Tier 5

PriestessoftheAbyss.png
    Priestess of the Abyss green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1400 -> 1500

Azeria.png
    Azeria green_arrow.png
    - Invigorate: Heal: 10% missing health -> 15%
    - Fixed a bug where her attack speed was lower than expected when buffed by Invigorate and Mind Warp simultaneously or Invigorate, Energize, and Mythium Core simultaneously

Tier 6

Hydra.png
    Hydra green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 168 -> 174
    - Hydraling: Damage: 56 -> 58

Mercenaries

Centaur.png
    Centaur green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 115 -> 160
    - Cleave: 50% (30% to flying) -> 50%
    - Cleave: Now hits a maximum of 5 targets

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
    Pepperpiet, Seraphon, jitsuc4 and 8 others like this.
  2. Dusty

Dusty Member

Hey, the new unit ability seems pretty interesting. It's gonna make it way more fun and meta to have units high up on the build board and the new T2 at the bottom, in order to stack it to as much mana as possible (if the buff from the ability makes it viable). It will also be interesting to see how well the crimson claw ability stacks with aps/MPs/darkmage

I have 2 questions tho :
    - you say atk speed goes up 10% for every 1s movement. But in ltd2 most movements are rotations that last much less than 1s. What happens in that case ? Does the buff only apply if the unit moves for more that 1s or do you get 5% atk speed for a 0,5s movement ?

- 2nd question : why make a flying unit that has the same atk type and defense type than buzz/consort ? Seems to me like it could have been more interesting to give it atk and defense types no flying unit has for now.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Jules likes this.
  3. Ya Dingus

Ya Dingus Member

nice patch,centaur seems like it will be way more usable now....can actually be used for its typing instead of only against mass gateguards which isnt even good

Jules likes this.
  4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

The mana gain is gradual. The attack speed gain isn't (it's a floor function). If you move for 0.7 seconds, you get roughly 7 mana, but you don't get the 10% attack speed until you hit 10 mana.

The flying part wasn't a major consideration. Consort is tier 1, melee, relatively tankier, has magic damage on its passive, and also doesn't mind dying early due to its passive. Sky Queen is tier 2, ranged DPS, and wants to live as long as possible. Pierce/Natural was the right attack/defense type for this unit within the Nomad legion and for Mastermind, as there aren't many Pierce/Natural units in the game.

Dusty likes this.
  5. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

@Jules the tempest change is great and will definitely solve the mech early game invincibility. You could probably revert the pyro hp nerf from last patch as well. Sky queen looks really cool, interesting to try it out especially with an mps roll. Ps what is its maximum mana pool?

6. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Dusty likes this.
  7. Mick

Mick Member

I really like that ability of harpy (though I will need to get used to a unit named 'harpy' that isn't complete trash :p ). Seems to me it's an 'anti ranged level'-unit with that ability, something that is quite hard and rare to do. So that really adds something to the game :D

8. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

You must be fucking kidding me. So conservative with your nerfs again.

Coilers will still be insane when massed.
    Coilers are counterintuitive since they are always good to build. They can hold 300 with 1100 value on 9 with their pierce and swift. Try having 1100 value in aquas, firearchers or disciples and see how it goes.

Jules you are way to conservative about mech. They have been op for 6 months and they are still gonna be op for the next 2 years if you keep up your current pace. The problem with the legion is the composition which does that no wave or send is particularly good. You could remove the magic burst from Zeus and ramp up from zerker and suddenly gk And would be viable. I also think you should change pyro so that you only have the gold to push to 3 workers after wave 2.

Happy and sky queen looks fun and maybe broken as fuck. Time will tell and I guess we have to play before we know

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  9. Chilingfrost

Chilingfrost Member

I am not sure if I like the "move to get more damage" mechanic on a ranged unit. Since when it reach where it can shoot it would most likely never move again for the rest of the wave except if your buddy leaks. Which means that the time it takes for it to move from the back most tile and to where it can attack the wave, if you can make the wave stay at the front most tile somehow, is this passives full potential.

I would also like to know if attack speed buffs in this game stacks multiplicative or additive. for an example take Azeria and darkmage with the 100% as and 50%as buffs respectively under the assumption that Azeria attack once per second, to simplify calculations.

Multiplicative:
    1*1.5*2=3 attacks pr. second
    Additative:
    1+1*100%+1*50%=2.5 attacks pr. second

Also does this unit only get mana from moving or does it also have the base 1 mana regen?

10. nimea

nimea Member

I agree that coilers need another nerf but they should rework the ability.

Pyro shouldnt receive any nerfs as its pretty balanced in mastermind.

11. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Please don't do this, it will make forsaken crazy strong late game. Hitting 5 targets won't do jack all vs 10 harbingers/gateguards/whatever

This is a mild case of bone-crushering buffs. They are getting overbuffed because they are underused currently.

Everything else is fine, even buffing PotA/Azeria is fine, even though it will backfire. But please don't change centaur like that, forsaken will be mech-level.

12. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

I am didn’t mean a nerf. Just change it. The problem right now is that it is the only opener that gives 5 workers without any risk involved.

13. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

New unit looks really cool, both in art and in concept, i didnt do the math and comparisons, but if i read it correctly should be pretty insane with aps.

Nerf to looter was good.

Nerf to tempest also, even though i dont think it was what made mech strong, its just specifically nerfing it on 4. Which can also work. Let's see the impact it has on their early push.

This to me is beyond insanity.
    While that makes it better against deepcoilers for example, cause it should get through the decoy tanks faster, and then get to the deepcoilers and mow through them.

It just makes forsaken, which is already in a great spot, demented. It simply wont keep up with the spam.

I guess the change was also to compesate the fact that ranged t1s had an advantage over centaur, which they still should have, so this just buffed the bw and looter spam.

I don't like it.

Bump.

~~
    Obs: I know that u guys didn't have a lot of significant data, but u also didnt last patch. So why not show the win/usage rates now?

14. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Nice concept and beautiful art for the new units. As for their strength, not convinced. Someone on discord called em Harpies out because of their cheap price, but the way I read it, it's a 35 gold 23 dps 250 hp do nothing for the 5 first seconds unit that can't really share aggro either. Doesn't sound great for early push in my ears, but well, I also thought Hydra would be useless on release :D

Glad you took the suggestion and took 10 HP from Looters, they will still be more than good enough.

As for Priestess buffs, you're really risking it.
    • Disciple : 195 Gold, 1240 HP, 105 DPS
    • Priestess : 190 Gold, 1400 HP, 103 DPS
    She's a bit more situational because of her typings, but she's already quite nasty with auras like aps/butcher/star caller.
    The Azeria regen is kinda meh in most situations, but it also saved my ass already.

And could you please add maximum mana / ability mana costs to your unit database? Would be nice if you could look that up more easily.

15. Ben4iksXd

Ben4iksXd Member

@Jules A bit off topic, since bone crusher hasn't been touched here. But you could revert the HP changes, because the problem lies in the Skeletal Regen ability. It should be a flat % value but smaller. It just gets too crazy when Bone Crusher gets too low on hp. Either it holds with 100 hp, or it gets overwhelmed and leaks a lot. Because you have to tip the ability over it's edge.
    I think Bone crusher should get part of it's HP back and just make the Skeletal Regen ability something like - Regenerates 2% max health per second. Instead of - Regenerates 5% missing health per second.
    If the unit keeps getting lower hp it will just become useless because it will tip over the regen/damage barrier too easy and will not have as good of hp as before to tank good.

Seraphon likes this.
  16. MightyGorgon

MightyGorgon Member

New unit ability is very uninteresting. Would like to see more simple abilities and auras to stack. The poison attack from the original legion td harpies worked just fine.

17. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

One last thing, because i'm salty as fuck atm, just want to get this out of my system.

this is one BIG FUCKING JOKE.

18. Akitos

Akitos Member

Mick likes this.
  19. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

@Jules I'm sure it does, but just checking, will today's patch also hotfix the new abuseable coiler bug where they're placed across the bottom of the lane and mercs walk down the lane then loop back to the top?

20. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

No, as that has been hotfixed yesterday already. They all teleport to the top now, as opposed to only partially.