1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.39: Harpy, Sky Queen

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mick

Mick Member

I understand Nacccho's point, at the end of atlantean I felt like every new unit had to have an even more spectacular ability. Esp Eggsack to me was too much, I don't see it as a good addition to the game. I would sign up for a different, more conservative t6 for atlantean any day.

That being said, I do believe that the first two units of Nomad are really spot on. Looter added a lot with his ability. And this t2 gives new building styles with building it at the back of the lane and the rest in front. So yes, a straight forward 'anti 13', 'anti 12' unit would fit in by now, but really good job on designing the last units :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 8:10 AM
  2. ViccieLeaks

ViccieLeaks Member

No keep coming with the abilities please, it makes mastermind so fun

3. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

@ViccieLeaks what do you care. The only Unit you use are serpents and coilers, kappa.

4. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v2.39a will be going live in 10 minutes or so. Carry on with the discussion, just felt like I had to post this somewhere.

Bots
    - Fixed a bug where bots would push workers on the same wave the opponents sent
    - Fixed a bug where bots taking over for leavers sometimes wouldn’t build (and would actually cause the game to lag)
    - Now smarter about overbuilding & not pushing workers against a long save
    - Now smarter about placing sea serpents and harpies
    - Refactored & reorganized logs for future bot debugging

If anyone is interested in helping test bots in the future, you can type -bot in debug mode to have a bot take over your lane.

Auras
    - Fixed a bug where sometimes auras wouldn't get applied if your lane aggroed too quickly (Aura targets are now computed at the start of the wave, rather than when the ability is cast)
    - Fixed a bug where units with multiple auras would only use the targets of the first aura (e.g. a Leviathan with Hero - the Hero aura would mistakenly only affect flying units)

FairPlay
    - Improved UI for when FairPlay is globally disabled (now hides alert status/mute status in lobby and in-game)

Chat Commands
    - Fixed "-powerup" not showing the legion spell window

5. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

6. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Click the spoiler to find out ;) bug fixes, no balance changes.

7. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

I do agree that not every unit needs an ability, or at least the unupgraded unit.

Look at windhawk and bazooka, both are fine units, even though they have no abilities. So I wouldn't mind seeing 1 or 2 unupgraded units without any abilities on every legion. I guess nomad already has looters, but their 10g cost could be considered an ability on it's own

Themryon likes this.
  8. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

is it actually intendet that harpie / sky queens attackspeed scales multiplicatively?
    seems counterintuitive to me but i might be wrong

9. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Have in mind that when i say vanilla unit, doesn't necessarily mean they can't have an ability.

I mean its hability and characteristics should be straight forward, plain, like violets, golems etc...

As long as they have somewhat of a well defined identity, it will be a lot easier to nerf or adjust legions within that context, instead of having to rework stuff every new moon like mech...

10. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

And for the love of good, i had enough of mech. U called me out for memeing @Jules , but was i wrong????

FaithOfHeaven and Egekaer like this.
  11. Ben4iksXd

Ben4iksXd Member

@Jules Please? :D

[​IMG]
    Bone Crusher [​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Health: 1010 -> 1200
    [​IMG] Skeletal Regeneration
    Regenerates 5% missing health per second -> Regenerates 2.5% missing health per second

nimea, Seraphon and Marchombre like this.