1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.41c/d

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Lisk, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v2.41d Patch Notes
    Expected release date: Nov 23rd

Deployed Nov. 26th at 9:56 am PST

NEW! Chinese (Simplified & Traditional)
    - Legion TD 2 is now translated into simplified and traditional Chinese. The translations are still in beta, but we’re constantly improving them. If you see any mistakes, you can fix the translations at LegionTD2.com/translate, and your changes will show up in the following patch.

Matchmaking
    - Fixed a major bug where the sorting function wasn't enabled (matchmaking should be faster, better, and more reliable)

Custom Games
    - "-debug" command now always enabled for the host, even if there are other players present

Failsafes
    - Added "-sell" debug command to force selling/recalling the selected fighter (potentially useful if you experience a bug where the sell button is missing or unclickable)

Stability
    - Loading screen rewrite: should be more stable and responsive (variety of changes to loading logic). Also displays what chunk is loading in the top left corner.
    - Hopefully fixed some rubberbanding issues (Reverted some time syncing changes from v2.40a to an older version)
    - Fixed a case where buff vfx would linger behind after a unit died (Reverted buff stacking change, which will make stacked buffs look worse, but more stable)

Localization
    - Misc fixes

King
    - No longer focuses Froggo too early

Priestess of the Abyss

- No longer satisfies the Arcane requirement for Mastermind

V2.41c Patch Notes

Expected release date: Nov. 12th
    Deployed Nov. 12th at 2:55 pm PST

Lobby v2.0 Testing: With this patch, we will be testing & monitoring some systems that should have no impact on gameplay

Over the past few weeks, we have made a lot of progress on Lobby v2.0, which is a rewrite of the Lobby Server to run on multiple servers rather than a single server. Having multiple lobby servers means the game can handle a much higher playerbase without crashing. This will allow us to run a free-to-play weekend in the future. With v2.41c, some of the systems that will be in use for Lobby v2.0 will be live so we can monitor the systems for stability before Lobby v2.0 actually goes live.

Game Fixes

Loading Screen
    - Fixed some cases where a player would be stuck while loading; now automatically reconnects if it is frozen

FairPlay
    - Fixed a bug where repeat offenders were being punished longer than intended
    - Leavers in a Casual game can no longer queue up for a Normal game and vice versa until their current game finishes
    - Minor other improvements & fixes

Fighters

Tier 2

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Harpy and Sky Queen [​IMG]
    - Acrobatics: No longer gains mana from movement after entering battle (attacking its first target)

[​IMG]
    Kingpin [​IMG]
    - Big Game Hunter: Heals 20% → 12% of target's max health on kill

Tier 3

[​IMG]
    Sea Serpent [​IMG]
    - Attack speed: 0.92 → 0.95

Tier 4

[​IMG]
    Deathcap [​IMG]
    - Noxious Scent: 30 + 0.50% (0.25% vs. bosses) → 30 + 0.40% (0.20% vs. bosses)

Tier 5

[​IMG]
    Priestess of the Abyss

- Health: 1500 → 1410

Mercenaries

[​IMG]
    Witch [​IMG]
    - The Froggo change makes Witch a bit weaker

[​IMG]
    Froggo [​IMG][​IMG]
    - Health: 300 → 250
    - No longer degenerates health

Froggos are no longer sniped by high range units like Doomsday, Zeus.

P.S. Thanks to @Seraphon for helping write the patch notes.
    Thanks to @Roshkatul and others for helping come up with these changes!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. Mick

Mick Member

I think it should be 'no longer gains mana from moving after entering battle' ? This would make most sense to me as nerf.

3. Lisk

Good catch, fixed!

Mick likes this.
  4. Lisk

Patch is live!

5. Akitos

Akitos Member

Seraphin and Lisk like this.
  6. Lisk

Small hotfix patch went live just now:

Fixes
    - Fixed a loading screen bug, as well as added another workaround for players stuck in loading screen
    - Fixed "Find me any match as soon as possible" (yolo) button not working from v2.41c

7. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Nope.

8. Ascaloth

Ascaloth Member

This patch broke the game for me. UI is bugged, health bars don't display properly (wrong colors, or don't display at all, it's random), units teleporting, showing on random colors on the screen and on the minimap. Had a major issue in one match where I couldn't upgrade Huntsman to Kingpin (it was showing the Huntsman icon...on a Huntsman! I clicked, nothing happened), had to restart the game to fix this.
    Tried verifying game files on steam, tried reinstalling the game, nothing fixed.

9. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

So no new patch this week either? It's funny how we were almost left without a new patch for 1 month (not 3 weeks as I initially thought), and the community actually forced the issue to have some balance changes this week.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Bluejin likes this.
  10. Mick

Mick Member

Yeah it is taking way too long. It should be going at the rate of one race per month, so that you have about 10 races in march/may, so you can full release. At this rate, a full release will either be a half-game or it will take ages. I get it's hard to do with such a small team, but with all the breaks and stuff, it doesn't feel like the devs have the commitment needed to make a success of the game (sorry, you are nice guys, but making a succesful game is tough business). Last week I played a couple of 4v4 on custom though, that was lots of fun. Maybe it still can be a success that way :D

11. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

I think I played only 4v4 this week. And I might continue to do so. It just does not get stale as fast as 2v2.

12. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Well LTD sucks atm.
    Not that this patch is particularly bad, but the weekly changes/additions at least make people try out other stuff, and that makes the games faults less evident.

Currently there are one fucking thousand builds that are unleakable early under normal conditions. Early game has become absolute push fiesta, and you can only leak good players if they make a fucking abysmal missread on a half send.... Mid game also pretty much evolved to shit, because everybody is usually so ramped up due to the income oriented early...

Don't have any real suggestion tho, we can't 4v4 with this playerbase, legions apparently won't go away and it looks like we're never getting the promised new content pace(when it comes to new units).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  13. Goro

Goro Member

One Patch per week my ass, client and / or servers more unstable than ever, no communication from the devs and do not come with your discord, facebook, twitter bullshit. This is your forum. Why create it in the first place when you do not use it.

14. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Check out this:

https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/season-3-is-coming.17668/

This has been the case for a while now, actually.

Lisk and Seraphin like this.
  15. Lisk

v2.41d is live! Bug-fixes & non-gameplay changes only. See patch notes in the first post.

Edit: due to a bug with PlayFab, v2.41d is postponed for a few days while we look for workarounds or wait to hear back from PlayFab support.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  16. Lisk

Patch v2.41d is live! (did a workaround that should fix the PlayFab bug temporarily, will search for a long-term fix after the patch is stable)

Jules likes this.
  17. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Yo, this is the worst the loading screen bug got for me. I keep getting looped, in and out of the game, lol.

18. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Weeks without balancing, and server stability got worst ;p
    Disconnecting mid game, having way more trouble reconnecting due to the weird fucking loop, when you reconnect the game gets completely bugged out, abstract healthbar colors, delay placing units. This patch, was the one i got the loading screen bug the most by far btw.
    I am fine if we go more time without balancing, as long as this gets really fixed ;p

19. Lisk

I understand the frustration - I'm continuing to work on it!

20. FaithOfHeaven

FaithOfHeaven Member

For the balance patch that will come soon, I hope u can take a look at the angler (tier). They seem to dominate the games in high elo, as I see them alot (also on the tournament for example). Their stats (hp and dps/gold) and their armor / damage combination seem to be really strong early (except 6), so that should be taken in consideration as well.