1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.44: Featured Game Modes, Hydra Rework

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Lisk, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

2018_1214_GameMode_Chaos.jpg

v2.44 Patch Notes
    Released!

NEW! Featured Game Modes

Featured game modes are a new way to play the game with special rules and mechanics. They're just for fun and will occasionally be enabled on weekends.

The first featured game mode is Chaos Mode, in which you get a random roll (6 new fighters) every wave.

Chaos Mode will be enabled from Friday 12/14 - Sunday 12/16.

Game Updates

King
    - Now throws snowballs

Fatalizer

- Fixed animations

Game Balance

Legion Spells

GiantSnail.png
    Giant Snail [​IMG]
    - Health: 670 -> 690

LizardArmy.png
    Lizard Army [​IMG]
    - Now also gives +10 mythium

Tier 4

DesertPilgrim.png
    Desert Pilgrim [​IMG]
    - Chain Heal: 140 -> 130
    - Chain Heal: Improved autocast behavior (now less likely to hold on to the spell at full mana)
    - Fixed a bug where Chain Heal would sometimes cast twice
    - Fixed a bug where Chain Heal would sometimes damage a unit with increased max health (Gaia Shield, Hero, etc.)

LostChieftain.png
    Lost Chieftain [​IMG]
    - Gaia Shield: 800 -> 700
    - Gaia Shield: Significantly improved autocast behavior (takes into account damage reduction, % health regeneration, the overall tankiness of the unit, and current % health)

Desert Pilgrim/Lost Chieftain released with a 48% win rate, but their win rate has been gradually climbing above 50% as players learn to use them effectively. We'll be monitoring to see if further nerfs are needed.

Tier 6

Eggsack.png
    Eggsack [​IMG]
    - Now satisfies the Natural/Fortified tank requirement for Mastermind
    - If your Eggsack dies, it now immediately spawns a premature Hydra during the wave. Stacks are doubled on the wave it emerges (e.g. if you Eggsack breaks two waves early, it will have 4 stacks of -15% and still the standard 2 stacks on the following wave)

Hydra.png
    Hydra [​IMG]
    - Damage: 144 -> 120
    - Hydraling: Damage: 48 -> 40

Waves

Maccabeus.png
    (20) Maccabeus [​IMG]
    - Fixed a case where Maccabeus sometimes focused targets in an incorrect order. It should now focus melee units that attack him first. This makes builds perform more consistently and makes it easier to clear (you can now manipulate aggro better so your tanks are focused before your melee DPS)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018
    jitsuc4, Seraphin, Egekaer and 2 others like this.
  2. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Thank you very much for those all fixes !! And thoses changes on unit are really good ;)

Let's hope it will be enough for pilgrim/lost chieftain ^^

3. Mick

Mick Member

Ah Featured Game Modes already <3 Could you please explain some more what they are about? Is it just for fun, can you gain something with it? Can you get cards while playing it?

4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Updated the patch notes with an explanation. Just for fun! Cards but no trophies.

Mick likes this.
  5. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

They just do their post little by little. Just wait a moment and you will have all :)

Mick likes this.
  6. Raily

Raily Member

I could literally pay money to have this new Game Mode available at all times. It's SO FUN !

7. yasinobist

yasinobist Member

THX FOR ************ ATLANTEAN
    u guys want that we all just play MASTERMIND ??
    i loved atlantean but u guys realy nerfed it too hard and too often
    THATS NOT FAIR

8. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Poor guy.

MakeAtlanteanGreatAgain.jpg
    Good thing he doesn't know that Hydra is probably 3 times as good in Atlantean if you don't start egg sack.
    Even Rosh doesn't know since he doesn't spam a legion.

Kappa

9. Themryon

Themryon Member

I like the chaos game mode but i expected it to be visualy more interesting, for example that the unit bar lights up for 1 second when the rolls change. Then your attention gets drawn to that.

10. Goro

Goro Member

//Hydra: why not just keep the hydra as it was with the addition of the little spawn on death and add 2 upgrades for it, so you can later bring it to full power if you messed the start up?

Darktarant likes this.
  11. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Atlantean is WAY better now imo. Hydra start its ultra consistent, "nerf" made it way better.

~~
    On a note, honeyflower still holds 16 through 18 with ease.

12. Mick

Mick Member

I think this is why you should leave them alone for a bit, and only change when you really know what is going on. Who knows they grow to 55% and then people find a counter, and it goes back to 50% again. If you keep changing you won't know if they go back in win-% because of your own change of because of other factors, which may lead to a too big lose-% again which needs buffs again, etc. Had that a few times already.

13. Mick

Mick Member

Sorry for double post, but I just want to say, in case it hasn't been noticed, that the new hydra has some good new stuff, but it also has some serious flaws. The 2 biggest flaws:
    1) it's literally unleakable on level 2/3. Maybe you can break the egg, but you have a 3k unit facing you then, which even splits into 3 units after that. I don't think you should have a unit which cannot leak, while the other people all have a chance to leak. Enemy can never get gold from this start in the first 5 waves.

2) The new egg sack is the ultimate stalling machine in races. You can put if far behind your other units if you know it's going to be a race, then you have the egg sack, hydra + 3 small hydras to stall. It's just a matter of time before this will be heavily abused in races (maybe it already happens, I've just seen this being abused once in a race).

14. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

This is pretty absurd. Nerf on it was absolutely necessary and it is still faaaaaaaaaaar of being balanced.

Chieftain makes it sooo clear the lack of procedure in releasing new units. It has waaaaay to much pĆ³tential of being broken, with gargs, doppel, king pins. Completely absurd with hero and tanks.

15. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Again, releasing these gimmicky units, with gigantic ceiling might be ok in 4v4. In 2v2 is just idiotic.

16. Mick

Mick Member

Yes, I agree and this is also my point. When they announced lost pilgrim, it had 100 heal, then it got buffed to 140, and I already complained in the 2.43 thread that they were OP. So they first buffed the unit, then nerfed it again, all within a few weeks. Shows that we don't really have the time to see how the unit actually works in game, but we just buff/nerf depending on stats, not counting that people need time to find counters, et cetera. So my plea was to not change them for a bit, so we can actually understand the unit before changing, instead of dealing with a new unit all the time.

And I agree with the procedure to release new units. I would say they need more time in PTR, or that the new 'featured game mode' can be used -> 'everyone gets the new unit in their roll'. Something like that.

17. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Yea, its a tricky road. Would be ideal to let them stew in PTR for a while longer, but i think we simply lack the ppl that are interested enough at this point.
    They kinda need to be quick on the nerf hammer, because they have released/changed completely broken stuff, time and time again.

Short list that comes to mind.
    Aqua/Honey with the buff tick change(Honeyflower was only """fixed""" two months later, after 10 completely clueless HP nerfs).
    Doomsday Machine(Again, it took more than two months to fix it, and i would legit BITCH daily about this fucking shit.)
    Hydra.
    Harpy.
    Chieftain.
    Doppel.

18. GooglePoo

GooglePoo Member

One guy does workers only, other guy builds bonecrushers and pilgrims/chieftains. That 6k life bonecrusher has decent regeneration.

EDIT: 14k bonecrusher has even better regeneration

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  19. Mick

Mick Member

I truly hope you guys have an entire new legion in store for the start of season 3, otherwise I'm starting to think I mainly paid so you guys can stop working and have long holidays.

Robert Mends, Goro, Ceeboz and 4 others like this.
  20. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

Not sure why, but it's been months and you have been degrading every week with less updates, false timeline and so on. Hope you guys get back on track soon... Please .. Either shut the project Down or do something. We won't stay forever if you keep this bad work up..

Robert Mends and Goro like this.