1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v2.44: Featured Game Modes, Hydra Rework

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Lisk, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Goro

Goro Member

So true and so sad.

Robert Mends likes this.
  2. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Did they tell us when they come back?

3. Cornep

Cornep Member

Should be 7.1
    They started their break on 21.12 and somewhere it was said the breaks would be 2 weeks.

4. Unoface

Unoface Member

Hi everyone, I don't usually post but saw this and thought I'd chip in and ask people to be a bit more patient. This is a small team and it's not like we are paying a subscription for the game so we just need to be a bit more patient I think for new content.

Plus let's not forget it's the holiday period and they are still people with families and friends so don't be too hard on the developers :)

EpvpDani, Darktarant, Aren and 2 others like this.
  5. Aren

Aren Member

Hello all :)
    Normally i am a silent forum lurker. But i think The devs should get more positive feedback. Of Course the last weeks we had no new stuff.... But as already mentioned WE had holidays anderen everyone needs this from time to time...

Also they announced a big *** update For mid of january.... So i dont know What some of You expect... Just wait for this update and enjoy the new stuff (hyped for king upgrades and 4vs4 customGames)

Btw Happy new year^^

EpvpDani, Darktarant and Robert Mends like this.
  6. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

I hate to pile on but it's the same mistake they did last year. Everybody is entitled to have vacations and time for they leasure, especially at the holidays. But it comes with a cost, they paid it 2018 and they chose to do so again.
    In their defense, this year its way better than last year, cause the game is at a better place now, but still...
    Just in the season more people get time to play, you completely abbandon stuff, and nvm saying that season 3 is comming bla bla, thats sacrificing 2 months time in a limbo, hoping everything will be fixed by then.

To me it just murders the slither of hope i had for the game, and it fucking hurts my insides to say that, cause i fucking love that shit.

But oh well, i'll play until the very last shovel of dirt thrown on us :)

Robert Mends and Mick like this.
  7. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

To be honest, I don't understand why people are angry. They announced a patch (and new season) will be on 14th January. They take holidays when a lot of people are also in holidays with their family or friends.
    I don't see the point here.

The only thing they could do better is the communication around next patch. They didn't precise the patch in december was the last one for season 2 and I think it was a mistake. But except this, they did all well for me ;)

Themryon and AppleBloom like this.
  8. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

It's very understandable to be irritated. Because the active community pretty much act as doomsayers, can see it's going downhill and can't do anything about it.

I think early game is stupid, there are full carry units to every single wave that you can pretty much get it out in one wave.(I.e, 3 skip to a 7 or 8 send, to get a surprise bunk/dd in ur ass/ 3 skip into 10 to get 1 berzerker right between ur cheeks.)
    Doppel still abusive midgame, hf still abusive late game, hydra still abusive early(granted its very rare now that it counts as a tank, which i find stupid aswell).
    Hell, even fucking gateguard is broken atm.

Never the less the picture perfect enviroment for 2-2,2k players to play, i get brand new 1,3-1,5k players 50%+ teamates of my games, and i can't quite communicate properly because i don't have voice coms or pause mechanic, still the game is so stiff, it still goes late. So yea, it feels a bit like chinese torture.
    Game has no place for us atm.

I've seen the most ridiculous unbalanced units survive 3 months with weekly patches, i've seen they do the exact same thing that butchered the playerbase in the beginning of last year(to a lesser degree), it would be stupid of me to believe things would change come season 3.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  9. Mick

Mick Member

I agree that everyone should have their holiday really. And I am sure that when Lisk and Jules are here, they are actually making a lot of hours and maybe work more than 5 days per week, so I really have no problem with them taking a break.

But they could have gotten back so many players (and maybe attracted new) if they were active around the holidays. I mean, no one expects a patch on Christmas Eve, but putting out one at the start of the holiday, then a new one inbetween Christmas and New Years, both with a new unit, would have given a massive momentum and hype for season 3. Isn't that just common sense? And I don't get if it's your own game, that you want to make a success, that you prefer to play LoL instead of taking this opportunity. I said before that I think the devs are nice guys, but they don't have a mentality to make a success of this game.

And you may think why people like me and @Nacccho care about that, but if you like the game and you want it to be big and succesful, because it would make the game truly good, it's sad to see that and you want to wake them up.

Nacccho likes this.
  10. MightyGorgon

MightyGorgon Member

Lmao at these posts. They’re a team of friggin three people. How ignorant are you guys in video game development?? Let the next patch come out first to see what they’ve been working on lol. If you’re bored of the current state then play something else. Someone says they paid for these guys to have long holidays??? Hahaha you mean the whopping 20$? Sounding like Mr. krabs!

This is why developers don’t like talking with their fan base on forums. A few interactions and then everyone becomes an entitled little $#&%er. Changes have been requested and that’s what their doing ffs. Again, wait for the freakin patch to come out first.

Peace.

Robert Mends and Seraphin like this.
  11. Mick

Mick Member

I don't hope our devs have the same view as you on feedback. I mean, we all know they are with 3 and are unexperienced, so mistakes are bound to happen (just as they are doing many things very well). I would be happy to get feedback on that. I would surely realize now that if you take a longer holiday than is standard, that you should communicate that with the people following you. No problem that it happens, but it's good people say that so they can improve. I agree my comment was a bit sour, but without any communication of holidays and us waiting for the next patch on the Friday/Monday mechanism they announced, you can expect something like that. (Also, I think it's stupid if you are in game development to take longer vacations than people on average have, maybe they have some reason I could respect for it, but you know, no communication)

Also the Christmas Holiday promotion, I followed up on that because I think it is a good point. That can help improve the game, and especially the communication/promotion part, which is probably the weak point in a team with a programmer and a statistician. Obviously, they can read the feedback and make up their own mind having their own situation in mind, which we don't entirely know.

If the devs have the same view on you, as this feedback is us being entitled little fuckers, I would feel sad for them and be sure this game would never work. It's hard starting your own company, especially in view in the public eye. They should be happy there are people here who critically follow them, but are wanting them to succeed with it. Knowing them, I am sure that they can see the positives of people trying to help them instead.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  12. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

@Nacccho, yeah the game is not balanced at the moment and needs some changes to be more attractive. But for an early access game, I cannot expect something else than a game which needs changes ^^

I don't agree. They don't do the exact same thing. Last year, they didn't announce a huge patch for January. So we were waiting without knowing anything about next step.
    Today, we have a lot of information about what should happen next week. Personnaly, I will be frustrated and angry only if they don't give anything at the end of next week.
    But I really don't agree with you when you say this is exactly the same thing than last year.

Well, Devs should not take feedback as personnal attack. Even if I don't agree with frustration expressed recently by people, I still think this is a good thing they express it. Like this, Devs can have a feedback about the community feelings. Even if this everybody are not frustrated, it means some are. The more people express frustration the more people on the game are frustrated. Then, the more they have to hurry up to calm down their community. So, this is a really good information for them.

but yeah some expressions were really funny to read and particularly this "we paid for long holidays" haha. They worked 60h per week for 46-48 weeks but 3 weeks of holidays or 4 weeks of holidays per year is soooooooooooooo long holidays !!! Cannot imagine this...Wait, I'm french, I have 5 weeks per year of holidays, I work 40h per week. Hummmmmm. I should cry to not work as Jules and Lisk.... hahahah

13. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

I think it's pretty clear why people are mad. But maybe it's not so clear to everyone.
    - We got no announcement for this break
    - We've been through this. We are getting used to a big periods of time without any development, and people also have PTSD from last year when the devs basically abandoned the game while it was at it's peak with no word what so ever.
    - We've been promised a lot, the devs couldn't deliver. We've now been promised a decent amount of content, but it looks like the devs are still failing to deliver.
    - The devs are too dependent on each other. So when either jules or lisk take some time off, the whole game is pretty much frozen in place.
    -> At least when Jules was away, Lisk would still continue coding and we even had a community-made balance patch for the game.
    -> When Lisk is away (as it seems it was during this winter holiday, since Jules was still fairly present on discord, even though he wasn't answering tags or talking on legion TD2 discord), Jules goes away as well. He doesn't even try talking to the community, analysing the current meta (especially since we're on a patch for several weeks now), talk about future concepts, communicate on the forum or any other activity which we're used to him doing during development time.
    I mean.. King upgrades were announced. I totally see king upgrades being a total mess, because the concept is still kept as "a surprise" and it might be unbalanced as hell. Jules could've at least spent like 1 or 2 days off of his LoL adventures talking about stuff like this with the rest of the community. I can see why the devs wanna keep future units/features a secret, but that didn't work so well in the past. We might end up with a few terrible patches which could've been prevented with better communication.
    - They took A LOT of free time in 2018. They probably needed it, but they were at the point of competing with teachers as far as vacation goes. I'm not saying that they should've released a new patch during the winter holidays (even if that would've been great), but they could've at least spent like 1.5 days between Christmas and NYE (while everyone's pretty much working) doing something like talking to the community/spending some time on discord or on the forum.

=> All of these points make it look like they are not as dedicated towards the game as they used to be 1.5 years ago. I mean, after Jules's LoL tweet, we pretty much know that Jules had some time off for himself and he also played some video games. Out of those video games, Legion TD2 wasn't a priority, as he didn't even play the game since 21st of december. They are pretty much looking for every opportunity to take whole weeks off away from the game, without any single interaction with the community. Almost feels like they abandoned this project, while there are still a lot of players hoping that this game's gonna be successful.

To be completely honest, they deserve all the criticism they get while stuff like this happens, because it's not a good thing for the game, or for them. They are sitting on an opportunity of becoming millionaires if this game blows up (and they would be able to take all the time off they want in a few years). But it looks like they are almost doing everything possible for that to fail.

14. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

Just end this already. You don't even deserves the few current players...maybe we all should just get refound(never gonna happen;)) and make it F2P if you wanna continue this nonsens of bullshit... I had big hopes and faith in you guys, but no more. Well Said Rosh.

15. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Kinda sad how it feels like as of now, I'm spending more time shit talking on the discord than actually playing the game.

16. Mick

Mick Member

Well don't forget they have a 'massive' patch coming up on monday. There is a bit of a void before that because they are working on that (I suppose). But anyway, I can only agree with the points Rosh made. Especially the 'dedication' part. I hope that will improve with a new engineer and they have some pressure off of their shoulders.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  17. Cornep

Cornep Member

I dont know about dedication, but lack of communication is what bothers me.

We have same meta for months, we see jules on discord/forums but hear nothing.

I know Jules comes from Riot which is a mega company that doesn't really need to put out constant communication as the playerbase is enormous, but in LTD 2 the community is a tiny fart in comparison, and the fire doesn't keep burning if no new firewood is added.

Darktarant likes this.
  18. gucci

gucci Member

Really at the end of the day, regardless of what game balance patches go live, they need to advertise and monetize this game somehow to a bigger audience. Their only source of income is the sales from steam/sales of the game, which clearly has depreciated over the past year.

Best bet is to either hire a moderator strictly to deal with complaints and inquiries so they can focus completely on the backend of things, or to hire a part time dev to handle certain criteria within the game.

The in-game shop is a HUGE opportunity that needs to be fully developed to bring in more revenue for the company, providing skins, xp boosts, HUD's, unique icons, and maybe even different voice announcers. All of these paired with steam sales or free to play weekends would be both beneficial for the community and for the developers.