1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3.10: King Upgrades

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven

Steven Member

i didnt test enough as i mentioned already, but i saw people maxing him first of all and died lvl 9 or so. i doubt he can carry you lategame with smart saving.

2. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

He can definitely handle larger leaks, even in lategame. That's why it's breaindead.
    You can play way better than your opponent and the lategamerolls will still decide who wins and who loses.

GvR Mr Mister and Nacccho like this.
  3. Steven

Steven Member

i ment hes not too strong midgame. i ended so many games 11-14 so far! late he gets strong again of course.

4. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

Enemies leaked both around 80-90% of wave 14 3 games ago and they survived. Yes, he's way too strong.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  5. Nacccho

Nacccho Member

Bump.
    I love king upgrades in LTD1, and i love having strategical decisions. This iteration is lack lustered, it's cheap and too simplistic. I don't think it will give us much in terms of options, instead it will just make games longer like we're seeing.

The problems i see with it, it takes what, 480ish myth to max it?
    It's a 1 wave skip midgame and u get a full king. After the later change to attack speed/attack power, 16 should be a little less useless against king, but way weaker than it was before.

I think it should cost more to fully upgrade the king, and i also thing some kind of option as a tradeoff would be interesting, meaning you had to choose between AOE or Single target damage, together maybe with some wave adjustments.

~~~~
    I'd also suggest bumping Saviour up, making it give you 90 + *1.5 or even *2 gold for each % of king HP you healed. Saviour was always on the bad side, with regen now its worst than ever.
    But that might be stupid because well, we're giving another comeback mechanic to a game thats lasting way more than it should on average.

~~
    One thing i believe its absolutely mandatory to do, is nerfing fucking Banana BUNK(Not haven). As i've said here before, some builds allow you to be completely fucking unleakable early(To any send that is not a siege ram before 10). And going for a bunk on 7 is one of the cores of this problem.
    I won't mention hydra again because it's pretty much like punching a knife, but holy shit it is fucking obvious this unit doesn't work.

6. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

overall i like the hotfix
    king is not so op that u can go total bonkers and push 30 workers on 10 each game
    but good enough to have a chance to recover a game and win with a long save

still some things are missing like u still start with 1/10 attack etc where it should be 0/10 on the popup label of the kingupgrade

the pilgrimms still often dont heal with full mana... like 1 of 2 games i see this still

7. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

80-90% of what send? 100? 2000?

8. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

overall i think games go longer bcs ppl dont adjust to the new lvl of myth it takes to kill and send to often in mid/late game
    even pre hotfix i ended game real fast bcs i dind send after i got my 20 workers till i send to end the game

9. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

The games go longer, because good people wont leak as much as you think when they're getting a huge send. The game is set to reach lategame by default kinda. Smart earlygame play, good reading and good decisionmaking wont be rewarded and mindlessely income sending wont be punished. That's a huge turn off for anybody who likes to play this game competitively because it takes out individual impact.
    People will only pick their roll for lategame now. Certain units wont be used anymore and the better roll wins the game in half assed even games. Great riddance.

It was around 320 btw.

10. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

yaer thats what i meant with ppl send to often useless sends mid game send 800+or dont send

11. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

I repeat: The King leaked 80 - 90% on each lane and the he survived.
    This shouldn't be a thing.

12. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

i think good early units are still the key to push hard and still holding... if u just push hard and leak all the time the other team can push even harder than u

13. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

yes if u send weak send like 320 mid game they survive try saveing?

14. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

I wont bother arguing about it. If somebody is stupid enough to leak almost 2 complete waves, they deserve to lose.

15. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

what 2 waves we still talking about the leak on 14?

16. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

17. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

so basically u are saying king upgrade shoud do nothing bcs befor the patch a 90% leak on both lanes killed the king?

18. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

No, I'm saying King Upgrades shouldn't carry your ass for free.

19. Falafelrollo

Falafelrollo Member

i think u just need to adjust ur playstyle to sending bigger

20. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

I think you just should stop thinking clownfiesta balance is a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.