1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3.10c: Early Game King Upgrade Buffs

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2019_0214_KUEarly.jpg

Announcements
    • We've postponed the Unity Upgrade due to third-party issues (VFX solution caused crashes). This was a tough call because the upgrade has taken ~200 hours of dev time, but we cannot wait any longer for things out of our control. Once the third-party issues are resolved, we'll re-prioritize the Unity Upgrade and will let you know when this happens.
    • We're currently doing some workflow improvements, which will automate the patch deploy process, reduce the chance of bugs, and reduce conflicts that arise when multiple engineers work on the codebase.
    • ETA for v3.11 is 2/25, though we're hoping we can release the patch late next week. You can at least expect patch notes next week.
    2018_1009_steamsale_bw_medium.jpg

50% Off Sale

Legion TD 2 will be 50% off starting tomorrow February 15th!

v3.10c Patch Notes
    - Released on live servers!

This is just a mini patch to address some emergent balance concerns. The goal is to make king upgrades feel better early game. We have other improvements planned in the future, as well as a content patch (v3.11) on the way.

The reason we couldn't do this earlier is technical limitations. Sorry we've dropped the ball here. We're learning from our mistakes and doing our best.

King Upgrades

UpgradeKingAttack.png
    Upgrade Attack green_arrow.png
    - Income: +3 -> +4

UpgradeKingRegen.png
    Upgrade Regen green_arrow.png
    - Cost: 20 -> 15
    - Regeneration: 0.02% -> 0.015%
    - Number of upgrades: 8 -> 10

UpgradeKingSpell.png
    Upgrade Spell green_arrow.png
    - Cost: 25 -> 15
    - Damage: 15% -> 10%
    - Income: +5 -> +4
    - Number of upgrades: 6 -> 10

Fighters

Doppelganger.png
    Doppelganger green_arrow.png
    - Health: 3500 -> 3600

Seraphin likes this.
  2. Goro

Goro Member

Looking forward to 3.11, keep up the work.

But thing is:

How come the problems just came up in the last week?

2 months...

This happens. But I am interested if these are connected.

3. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Here is the honest truth:
    • We should have been better about communicating, and we should have communicated sooner that we were working on the Unity Upgrade. That's our fault, and we're sorry.
    • We expected the Unity Upgrade to take around 1 week. In our eyes, it was an 80% chance of taking 1 week and a 20% chance of taking longer. We hit the 20%. We underestimated how big of a project it was and how complicated and unreliable things can be when we're dependent on third-party software. Sometimes the best we can do is send emails and convince (a.k.a. beg) them to prioritize fixing their software for us. Sometimes it's not even clear whose responsibility it is to fix something. Ever had your mom say "go talk to dad," and your dad say "go talk to mom?" That happens a lot in software development.
    • Last week, we genuinely believed we could finish and ship the Unity Upgrade this week. On Tuesday, Lisk, Dani, and I were testing and ready to ship the patch, and then my game crashed. Lisk and Dani determined the source of the problem and concluded that it was not possible to resolve without third-party fixes. So rather than wait indefinitely, we chose to postpone the Unity Upgrade.
    • We've learned from our mistake here. Going forward, we're going to assume upgrading third-party libraries may take much longer than expected, and if we can't dedicate that time without harming the game, we won't try it. We were wrong to try the Unity Upgrade so soon after releasing the first iteration of king upgrades, which led us to be unable to properly support them or release other content.
    Thanks for hanging around and for your kind words, Goro. I hope that clarifies things some. We're doing our best and hate to let anyone down.

Ceeboz, Themryon, Seraphin and 4 others like this.
  4. Goro

Goro Member

Thank you for your answer and the honesty. Much appreciated.

I do feel very passionate about the game, so sometimes posts come out harsh.
    Between the lines of your post I can feel the dedication to Legion TD2. Something I missed in the last weeks.

I hope "mom" and "dad" will settle their dispute soon, afterall it's Valentine's day ;)

I'm really looking forward to new content, whatever it might be. Keep it up!

Ceeboz, Themryon, Seraphin and 2 others like this.
  5. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Please stop apologizing for the amount of time between upgrades / patches. All of these ungrateful bastards need to sit down and think about all the nonsense they leave all over the internet.

I've seen enough antics here on the forum, and then I personally witnessed players in game talk trash about your timeline and make claims like, "Nothing has been done for three months." Meanwhile, any rational person can come here to the forums and review the patch dates to see that is simply not true. Maybe they didn't notice that it's early February? While their candy asses were enjoying family, friends, and lots of liquor for a couple weeks of holidays - I suppose you three...er, four now...were supposed to be spinning numbers like the Matrix.

Does anyone really need a reminder that Lisk is a newlywed? I could easily shade the entire planet with comments about the bulk of this community's relationship status, but I'll let that one pass for now.

The facts are we have received a new unit, 4v4 was restored, and king upgrades were implemented in about a month. All of these ungrateful bastards need to think about what they've accomplished [beside talking out their ass] in that period of time.

6. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

@SiegeMentality , I think you are really not fair with them and you're really insulting their job that personnaly I cannot accept. I can understand your frustration, I can understand you are not happy with what AutoAttack has done in past 3 months. However, you have to understand they need to take some decisions regarding their experiences and their skills.
    Sure, they did some mistakes but who can say : "In my job, I have never done any mistake?".
    For me, what is important is AutoAttack learns from their mistake and keep going to grow up, develop their game and try to keep a good relationship with their community of players.

EDIT: I read again your post SiegeMentality. I have to present my apologizes...When you said "these bastards" I thought you were talking about the devs..................I understand the complete opposite of what you said -_- #FrenchNeverLearnEnglish :'(

I take this opportunity to tell you @Jules, this is really appreciated that you explain what you did, your choice etc...with this honesty. I think, when we do a mistake, we have to explain it.
    Particularly, I think with this transparency players know what you're doing and keep you close to the players.
    I really hope you learnt a lot with those 3 months experiences and you will give us a lot of contents :D :D

Cannot wait the next patch !!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. Mick

Mick Member

Great to see a new update, and thank you for the update on your progress. I am sure a lot of people appreciate to be taken with you into the journey of developing the game. I do at least.

That is funny, because this is the feeling I got when reading the rest of the diarrea you plummeted here.

Of course, I can't check your personal messages, but no one on the forum ever claimed something like nothing has been done for the last 3 months.

For someone who warns that people should not post crap, this sentence has a very low factual value, and seems to me to be based on very creative assumptions. I think most people work inbetween Christmas and New Year's, since they are no holidays. At least I did, so your assumption is already nothing but crap, based on nothing. Also, I don't drink liquor. Maybe you projected your life on others here? That is just speculation, though. And again, I can't think of any example where someone said the devs cannot have a holiday. You are making up your own argument against opinions that don't exist.

What is the point of this sentence? That someone cannot properly work if they got married a few months ago? That seems pretty ridiculous to me. One might argue that having a wife is a handicap, but to use that for saying they are incapable of doing good work goes too far.. If you want to hear it from someone with experience in it, being married for a few months really has no impact on the way you do your work.

Again, what is the point of this sentence? First of all, this is full of assumptions and claims you don't know. Secondly, what are you implying? That people who are not in a relationship cannot give proper feedback on a game? So what is your proposal, that someone has to prove they are in a relationship before they can make a forum account? Any rational person can see that a relationship status is totally irrelevant on this topic. Perhaps you are projecting your own insecurities on others here again?

Although not completely wrong, you show an amazing lack of insight of how to interpret those numbers. If someone makes a claim about the last 3 months, you should consider the last 3 months, not 1 month. The fact is that since october 27 up to this day, we received a new unit, 4v4 and king upgrades, which is over 3,5 months, and not 1 month. Whether they did that in one day within those 3,5 months, or if there was 3,5 months between them is totally irrelevant for that. I will leave the judgment if 3,5 months for that is a lot or not pass, we discussed that before.

Second time you use the term 'ungrateful bastards'. Beside the completely hopeless personal attack in there (which you seem to do a lot, instead of being rational which you seem to claim you are), you are totally missing the point if the feedback was about being grateful or not. You might want to consider people give feedback because they see things that can be improved, because they want this game to succeed.

I am happy developers do take this feedback in a positive way, and although you might have a point whether an apology is needed, the fact that they show they reflect on themselves and are able to take in feedback and turn it into something positive is a good thing. If they would have a mindset such as yourself, this game would fail for sure, but acknowledging they make mistakes (like everyone here) and showing they have the mindset to improve in things that can be improved, I am hopeful.

My feedback for you is: try to talk less out of your ass and start using your brains. I am sure you have them, somewhere.

8. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

And my advice for you is: read his post again, very carefully, and tell me exactly the amount of humiliation you experience when you finally discover you entirely misinterpreted the intention of his post :)

9. Mick

Mick Member

Quoted this before you delete it.

10. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

xD! just read it,,, but very slowly!!!

11. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

I'm laughing my ass off right now. Already a 2nd person who couldn't understand anything SiegeMentality said... Never change guys... (hint, both persons name starts with an S)

12. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

hey hey hey! leave me out of this!!!

13. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Oh-so-glad you could take time out to show your appreciation. :rolleyes:

Try rolling back a year and look at the tantrums that were had over Lisk and Jules' Hawaiian vacation. Players literally demanded that they be notified whenever the devs go on vacation. They simply are not indebted to us. We paid for a game. We received and played that game. If they sack the entire project tomorrow, you can leave nasty reviews everywhere, but you're not entitled to anything else.

One might argue that having a personal life is a handicap, but I specifically called out his newlywed status to remind this community that they really do have lives.

Ok Senpai, please inspire me to do better.

You really showed me, Senpai. I said anyone can look at the patch notes to review what has been done. You then make claims about what has been done and critique my ability to interpret numbers - while completely ignoring patches 2.42 and 2.44. Why is that? Oh, they were just balance changes and bug fixes. I guess they don't count toward work?

@Mick - Sit down.

@Seraphin - I forgive you for not understanding American.

@Roshkatul - Me too, but I knew I was painting a target on myself when I typed it.

@s0n0fagun - You were nearly 100% correct the first time. It's her not his. ;)

14. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

Well, that didn't take long before the patch note turned into a drama

15. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

After read this post, I didn't understand anything. Then, I read again your first post. Have to present my apologizes here. I edited my previous post but I kept what I wrote in the first time. Like this, people will see that I still have to improve my english understanding. Also, maybe it will help people to understand better your post.

That's not a drama. I would say it is a really funny comedy when you understand what all is said....

@Mick , if you want an advice, remove your post or change the font to show how wrong we were and how we don't understand well english -_-

#ShameOnMe
    flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    SiegeMentality likes this.
  16. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

A thousand pardons madam :(

@Seraphin respect :)

SiegeMentality likes this.
  17. Mick

Mick Member

So how about you do the same? ;)

18. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Respect for? To accept to excuse? That's the minimum.

Anyways @Jules, you said you will post next week probably the next patch note. Is it you or staff team (Deusch, LForward etc...) who will post it ?

19. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

To do what? Apologize you mean? I sincerely don't see why I would need do that.

All I did was helping to make you clear your conscious :)

Many people have a hard time admitting they were wrong. You are not one of them ;)

Seraphin likes this.
  20. Mick

Mick Member

No need to apologize, but did you really try to make a joke out of me that I could not understand a post, while it was you who actually did not understand the post? That would be funny.