1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3.11: Sand Badger, Iron Scales, 2x Chaos Mode

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2019_0215_NomadT5.jpg

50% Off Sale
    Friendly reminder that Legion TD 2 is currently on sale. Great opportunity to introduce the game to a friend!

v3.11 Patch Notes
    - Released on public test realm (PTR) with some known issues
    - Expected release to live servers: 2/18

The main purpose of this patch is to release a new unit and game mode and fix a number of important bugs. Other gameplay changes and design improvements to king upgrades on the way in v3.12

NEW! Featured Game Mode

2019_0215_GameMode_2xChaos_small.jpg

Featured game modes are a new way to play the game with special rules and mechanics. They're just for fun and will occasionally be enabled on weekends.

The next featured game mode is 2x Chaos Mode 4v4, in which you get a random roll (6 new fighters) every wave, and waves have 2x the number of spawns in a 4v4 brawl. Fair warning: depending on your specs, things can get laggy late game with all the extra units, but it's still a lot of fun.

2x Chaos Mode 4v4 will be enabled from Friday 2/22 - Sunday 2/24.

NEW! Nomad Tier 5

SandBadger_card_s.png
    Sand Badger
    - Cost: 195 gold + 1 supply
    - Upgrades to: Iron Scales
    - Movement type: Ground
    - Health: 2550 (Arcane)
    - Damage: 75 (Impact)
    - Attack speed: 0.83
    - Range: Melee

via Sketchfab

IronScales_card_s.png
    Iron Scales
    - Upgrade Cost: 335 gold + 1 supply
    - Movement type: Ground
    - Health: 6850 (Arcane)
    - Damage: 205 (Impact)
    - Attack speed: 0.83
    - Range: Melee

via Sketchfab

These units intentionally have no ability. Their primary purpose is to serve as a true arcane tank.

Game Fixes & Improvements

New "Pro Leak" Emoji
    - Type :proleak: to use it

image (18).png

Leaderboards
    - Added Peak Rating (All) leaderboard
    - Fixed a bug with the Leaderboard showing your peak rating incorrectly (it was showing current rating instead)

- Max player level increased to 35
    - Now shows ranked win rate

Gameplay Fixes
    - When dual building in 4v4, fighters now warp instantly after clearing the wave
    - Fixed a bug where bots would mistakenly hire cheap mercenaries after hiring a mercenary that a player pinged (after hiring the pinged mercenary, they should hire according to normal preferences now)
    - Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the aura tutorial to be impossible to beat

Stability Fixes
    - Fixed a rare bug where the game would become unstable if the last few enemies of a wave died at the same time
    - Fixed a rare server crash caused by bots in certain circumstances

Major Fixes
    - Fixed a party bug where players sometimes didn't rejoin their party (got dropped from party) after a game
    - Fixed a party bug where the party order was sometimes not preserved between games
    - Fixed a party bug where sometimes invites didn't work
    - Fixed a party bug where you couldn't invite a friend who was Viewing Scores
    - Fixed a HUD bug where your deploy cursor got canceled when your ally deployed his first fighter
    - Fixed a HUD bug where the shield button would be disabled sometimes

Minor Fixes
    - Fixed a cosmetic bug where some lane markers didn't display text when hovered over
    - Fixed a HUD bug where the King upgrades HUD for the other team showed the value from last game at the start
    - Fixed a HUD bug where the king hp bar would flash red (damaged) during the night when he wasn't actually being attacked
    - Fixed a post-game stats bug where workers were accidentally shown as 2 for the last wave

Quality of Life
    - Sound: Added a different sound effect for warnings (leaks), so it is different than the normal ping sound
    - Post-game stats: Now shows country flags next to player names

Translations
    - Updated! If you notice any missing or incorrect translations, check out LegionTD2.com/translate

Game Balance

Not enough time has elapsed since v3.10c to make any major balance changes. Data suggests that all fighters are viable, and there aren't any significant outliers. You can expect more balance changes in v3.12

DarkRitual.png
    Dark Ritual red_arrow.png
    - Gold: +145 -> +140

Egekaer, Wurakls, LForward and 6 others like this.
  2. Der Geo

Der Geo Member

Are you kidding?
    Look back on your job from the last months, the game fckd up since start season 3/announcement for season 3.

I like all my friends, I will not invite tham into a game that is booring at hell at time.

The last times if you take a 50% sell this game was not playable because to much player destroyd it for many player who played ranked.

50 costume/bot games for going into ranked games can help maybe.

So long the game is like season 3, I will not come back. I play the free tower defence game Dota 2 Auto Chess with my friends.

Sorry, you fckdup this game.

3. ViccieLeaks

ViccieLeaks Member

Do you not have anything better to do than raging against this game everywhere?

4. Der Geo

Der Geo Member

It's a free land, or?
    It's not a rage, it's the truth

5. ViccieLeaks

ViccieLeaks Member

No its your subjective opinion, and it adds nothing to a patch thread.

Egekaer, bidza1, Frozen and 2 others like this.
  6. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

Just go for f2p:rolleyes:

7. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Completely agree with @ViccieLeaks. To be honest, I begin to think that moderator should delete those kind of post which polluate patch note thread. It begins to be boring to always see people complaning when there is a venting room on discord to do that. Or if you need to do it on the forum, ask moderator and devs to create a special topic for this.
    Close the parenthesis.

I'm really afraid about this new unit. I'm not sure it can be really useful for others ways except wave 7-8 and 14-15. But let's see how it goes.
    But again a good job in the design @Curing :D

Not sure this is the good moment to do this. I would suggest you to promote the game after you have finished the unity upcrade.

That is really good thing. Nice combo with the off sale! :)

Does it really change something?? That's a real question. I don't blame for this balance just ask if it will have a real impact for 5 gold?

Really good job with all those bugs fixed @EpvpDani @Lisk @Jules.

Cannot wait to see more!!!

ViccieLeaks likes this.
  8. Dundergrabben

Dundergrabben Member

New "Pro Leak" Emoji
    - Type :proleak: to use it

This is what I've been waiting for

9. bidza1

bidza1 Member

Am I the only one thinking about how on an international forum the sentence "It's a free land, or?" makes any sense?

10. Mick

Mick Member

I'm sure he talked about the land of Nova :D

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  11. DEUS DEL PUERCO

DEUS DEL PUERCO Member

Make cross good again

<3

12. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

U2 does not need cross to be good though. You could try out suicide building. I played a lot of that in season 2 with cornep andkingd. It is not insanely good, but it is a lot of fun.

Duobuilding in 4 v 4 can actually be really strong with the right roll. You can hold 2 waves with under the recommended value for 1 wave. Also a lot of fun.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  13. Egekaer

Egekaer Member

I am a big fan of the reintroduction of a featured game mode. And I love the x2 4v4 chaos mode. Gonna be a lot of fun. @Jules i think every week should have a featured game mode. Just to mix things up a bit. Will the change to unity make the game being able to support x 3 and x 4?

I think the badger is a great addition to the game. It is pretty strong all around, but you can still counter it. I actually like some vanilla units without all the extra confetti

I think the change to dark ritual is gonna be insignificant. 5 gold will rarely be the difference between pushing the haven out or not. Overall dark ritual is really strong after the introduction of king regen. Maybe you could make it lover king Maxhealth instead

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Jules and GvR Mr Mister like this.
  14. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Developer Staff Member

In theory yes, practically probably no. We would still have to refactor/rewrite a lot of stuff (like switching to the new scriptable render pipeline and refactor how he use vfx) to benefit from the performance boost of the engine upgrade but since we still use our old legacy code it is probably more of a preparation to improve performance when we get to it in the future.

But usually right after the upgrade you will probably not notice any huge difference. The goal of the upgrade is mainly just keep 3rd party plugins like playfab in tact because they are going to drop support for our old unity version soon which means the game would either eventually become unplayable or we wouldnt be able to implement new stuff like shop or guilds if we dont upgrade it at all.

Also about regular or more frequent featured game modes: Probably wont happen until the playerbase is bigger (and we get a bigger variety of different game modes) because we can barely support 2 queues so chances are high that the featured game mode will replace the casual queue for now because otherwise every queue will starve slowly. Also it would kinda take the fun away if its too often and becomes a "normal" thing in the game

15. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

@Jules are there numbers how many people only came back for the last featured mode? I did not play for some days/weeks but returned when i read about the mode on ptr.

Jules and Egekaer like this.
  16. SirCloud

SirCloud Member

Would be interesting to know. I personally didn't come back because the new unit is basically just a meatshield and nothing else so I'm not really tempted to start the game again. King Upgrades make games still painfully long and the meta didn't change that much.
    Auto Chess is a good competitor at the moment aswell.

I feel like it would've looked differently without the context that we were waiting for new content for months and all we got was a high HP tank without any interesting gimmick.

17. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Featured game modes: We saw a spike in activity and players returning with the last featured game mode. We don't have enough data tracking to know the exact effects, but overall, it was definitely positive and we intend to do them more frequently.

Some questions we're trying to answer:
    • How frequently? Realistically, we can't do more than once per month.
    • 2v2 or 4v4? We could do 1v1 or something crazy like 1v4 as well, but most will probably be 2v2 or 4v4.
    • Should we disable Classic while the featured game mode is enabled? It's pretty difficult to support three queues simultaneously.
    King upgrades: After v3.10c, they became a legitimate part of the game and now offer interesting strategic decisions. It sucks that they released in a bad spot, but things are a lot better now. Average game time was 22 minutes before and after king upgrades. Design improvements/additions for king upgrades are also planned.

Sand Badger: Had a positive effect on the meta. Single-handedly dropped the percentage of games ending on wave 14 from 14% to 10%, which is a much healthier number.

Dark Ritual: We like percent current health so it can be used as a comeback mechanic. I think 5 gold is a reasonable nerf to start with, but I agree with you that it's still on the strong side, and we'll keep on eye on it for another nerf if needed.

Seraphin, Egekaer and Mick like this.
  18. Akitos

Akitos Member

upload_2019-2-19_22-25-44.png I knew I should've trademarked this Kappa

19. Ceeboz

Ceeboz Member

20. andialki

andialki Member

1 v s1 or 1 vs 4....but i would prefer 1vs1 :)

And i don't know what the stats say, but i think that sand badger/iron scales is currently a bit too strong. Especially because there is no strong range unit mercenary unit without magic damage (witch, shaman, drake, four eyes all have magic damage).

Seraphin likes this.