1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3.14: Masked Spirit, False Maiden, Hell Raiser, Hybrid Game Mode

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Akitos

Akitos Member

Oh well, if you didn't take the worst possible timing for this, I would've even tried and streamed it. Why do something like this at twitch con :( Sounds so much fun. Played some chaos x2 viewergames recently btw, it was very enjoyable.

2. jitsuc4

jitsuc4 Moderator

Note that it's only the queue that's enabled for a limited time. You can always enable hybrid (along with the other available modes) in a custom game, although hybrid will only be available after the weekend event.

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  3. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

This might be a learn to play issue, but the new Dark Mage feels REALLY bad to me. The instant cast coupled with the move speed means it forces your DPS units to rush ahead of the tanks and get focused first. This works well on ranged DPS like Fenix, but on zerkers/doppels it really hinders your build.

Sure you can build them further back to compensate but then it's difficult to put them on your tanky auras e.g. whitemane/butcher.

Would it be better to just remove the move speed element of this buff to stop this from happening?

Alternatively if I'm just being a noob then any pointers would be appreciated!

Bonny and Jules like this.
  4. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Agreed. We're probably removing the move speed next patch. There's also the issue where the damage debuff on Mind Warp causes ranged waves to focus your unit - I mentioned that to Lisk, so hopefully we can fix it. If not, I'll just remove the damage debuff as well.

Pennywise likes this.
  5. Themryon

Themryon Member

I played the featured game mode and got as king spell "reroll". Was this meant to be a possible pick? I enjoyed it but it doesnt seem fair as part of hybrid

6. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

That is really great to hear. The number of times my doppelganger has gone full kamikaze is really annoying :D

As for removing the damage debuff - that would nerf the DM / Fenix synergy quite a bit.

7. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

We can remove it if everyone prefers that, but I personally think it's okay to leave in because it's interesting/fun, not super common, not really game-breaking, and available to both teams.

Yeah, good point. I think the damage debuff makes it more interesting (worse on tanks, good with lifesteal/healing, cool interaction with Fenix). Will just remove the move speed for next patch and then, if possible, make it so ranged waves don't focus fire low health units.

Pennywise likes this.
  8. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

The only thing I don't like about Hybrid mode is that you can't see what units you're placing until after you place them. It just feels bad to me because placement is the whole point of LTD and it removes that part of the game.

I think it would be better if you had the same 6 random towers but once you click a tier it charges you the gold but then you have the random unit under your cursor ready to place...So you still have no idea what you're buying from each tier, but once you pay your gold you know what you're going to get and can place it accordingly.

Themryon and S3iFe like this.
  9. Themryon

Themryon Member

That is a great suggestion! Please yes!