1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3.15: Nekomata, Scoreboard, Roll Recommender, Mercenary/Worker Queue

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2019_0425_Nekomata (1).jpg

v3.15d Patch Notes

Fixes
    - Fixed some bugs with Mindwarp autocast priorities (specifically with bonus damage, most noticeable with Nekomata)
    - Fixed some animation bugs
    - Fixed a bug with armor tooltip not showing the right text (weak vs. resistant)
    - Fixed a bug with queueing a mercenary after the wave was cleared, but before income (it now hires the mercenary instantly)
    - Fixed a bug with Nekomata Spirit Offering
    - Fixed a rare bug where Selling wouldn't work
    - Fixed some display name bugs
    - Tweaked some sounds

v3.15c Patch Notes

Fixes
    - Fixed a bug where unit sounds wouldn't play after your first game

v3.15c Patch Notes

Fixes
    - Fixed AFK tooltip
    - Fixed a rare loading screen bug

v3.15b Patch Notes

Fixes
    - Fixed a bug with queueing a mercenary not being sent in time for income
    - Fixed a bug where fighters would accidentally be selected even when you didn't have the tower selected
    - Fixed Daily Users count
    - Fixed some bugs with choosing your display name (New accounts)
    - Fixed a bug where spamming Spirit Offering (or other abilities) would accidentally deduct extra resource costs
    - Fixed some bugs with "Saving" tutorial and made some tweaks

Quality of Life
    - Slightly improved sound mixer
    - Tweaked mercenaries received color on 4v4 map
    - Ability cast sounds now only play for the player who owns the casting unit

Localization
    - All characters are now allowed for display names
    - More texts fixed

Nekomata
    - Spirit Offering: Health gain per stack: 180 -> 200
    - Devour: Heal: 8% -> 2%
    - Fixed a bug where spamming Spirit Offering would accidentally deduct extra gold

v3.15a Patch Notes
    - Fixed some Spirit Offering interactions (Sacrifice, Lioness, -value command, and others)
    - Fixed in-game font size
    - Fixed some bugs with Power Score
    - Fixed options sliders
    - Fixed in-game scoreboard not automatically opening in ranked games

v3.15 Patch Notes
    - Released to Public Test Realm (PTR). How do I join PTR?
    - Released to live servers!

NEW! Shrine Tier 2

Card_Nekomata_350.png

Nekomata
    - Cost: 60 gold + 1 supply
    - Movement type: Ground
    - Health: 640 (Arcane)
    - Damage: 32 (Pierce)
    - Attack speed: 1
    - Range: Melee

SpiritOffering.png
    Spirit Offering
    Costs 20 gold. Eat a tasty fish to permanently increase health by 180 and damage by 9. At max (7) stacks, gains Devour, healing for 8% of its max health each time it gets a kill.

via Sketchfab

NEW! In-game Scoreboard
    - Your score is based on the new Power Score (see below)

2019-04-26_16h49_01.png

Players, especially new players, frequently commented that they thought they were doing well until they suddenly lost. The in-game scoreboard provides quicker feedback when they get ahead or fall behind, which should help with the learning curve.

Power Score
    - MVP Score has been replaced by Power Score, which takes into account your value, gold, gold spent on workers, and mythium
    - Power Score is a measure of how strong you are, not necessarily how well you're playing. You can think of it as Legion TD 2's version of KDA
    - Power Score updates at the start of each day (battle phase) to avoid giving away real-time information

The old MVP Score formula took into account lane matchups and sending patterns to describe how well you played. The new Power Score reflects simply how strong you are. This should make the formula easier to interpret and more relevant for the in-game scoreboard.

NEW! Roll Recommender
    - Instead of having the first 6 fighters checked by default, the recommender will pre-select a well-balanced roll.
    - Some tips will also be displayed if your roll is lacking something important

2019-04-25_17h09_21.png

2019-04-25_17h06_59.png

This should help newer players pick better rolls and learn what makes a good roll. It also offers a more relaxed way to play Mastermind for players that find roll selection stressful.

NEW! Mercenary Queue
    - Hold Shift+Click to queue up a mercenary that you can’t afford. It will be hired as soon as you can afford it.
    - Hold Shift+Right Click to dequeue.
    - If you have multiple mercenaries queued up, it will try to save up to try to afford the most expensive one. Once the wave starts; however, it will make sure to spend mythium on the cheaper queued mercenaries.

2019-04-26_16h01_08.png

Example: It’s wave 2 and you have 50 mythium. You want to send a Brute for 3, but you aren’t sure if you can afford it. If you can’t afford it, you’d like to send two Snails instead. You can queue up a Brute and two Snails and when the wave starts, it will try to send a Brute first, but failing that, it will send two Snails.

NEW! Worker Queue
    - Hold Shift+Click to queue up a worker that you can’t afford. It will be trained as soon as you can afford it.
    - Hold Shift+Right Click to dequeue.
    - If you can already afford a worker when you queue one up, it will just purchase it right away

2019-04-26_16h04_14.png

Game Fixes & Improvements

Major Localization Update
    - Significantly improved Chinese/Japanese IME experience; characters now appear instantly when typed, and the autocomplete window now appears next to the input line instead of in the corner of the screen. (Thanks to the Coherent team for help with this implementation!)
    - All chat/user-generated text now uses a universal font, so even if your language is set to English for example, you can see text (rather than boxes/glitchy text) from Chinese. The same goes for typing; if your game is set to English, you can type in Chinese if you wanted to.
    - Many English game texts are now localized, most notably the post-game score screens. At this point, the whole game is pretty much fully ready for translation!
    - If you’re interested in helping, check out LegionTD2.com/translate. Any help is greatly appreciated and will allow us to significantly grow the player base. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

Reworked Unit Tooltips
    - Revamped tooltips to better communicate relevant information, to provide more detailed stats (range and flying), and to be more fun to read
    - You can always have detailed stats visible by adjusting your settings

2019-04-26_16h06_16.png 2019-04-26_16h09_51.png

Quality of Life (In-game)
    - If you have a tower selected when the wave starts, you will now automatically select the fighter
    - Wale Chief (Wave 18) mana bar is now hidden
    - A variety of HUD fixes and small improvements, such as adding tooltips and fixing edges
    - Made the current view area on the minimap more visible

Quality of Life (Client)
    - If the lobby server restarts, and you were in queue, you will now automatically requeue after reconnecting to the lobby
    - Fixed a bug where you couldn't change your avatar on low resolutions if you had 40+ avatars

Stability
    - Improved lag mitigation and detection when clients/servers get higher than normal amounts of errors

New Emoji: This is fine
    - Type :this_is_fine: (or :fine: for short)

2019-04-26_16h11_50.png

Post-Game Stats

- Overview: MVP Score replaced by Power Score
    - Graphs: now has “Power Score” graphs so you can see player scores per wave

Minor Fixes
    - Fixed bug where -ratings was displaying the message to everyone in-game
    - Fixed a minor bug with downgrading Hell Raiser or Kingpin twice
    - Fixed some bugs with vfx indicators for Dark Mage (Mindwarp) and Lost Chieftain (Gaia Shield)
    - Fixed missing Desert Pilgrim & Lost Chieftain card images

Game Balance

DarkMage.png
    Dark Mage green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Mind Warp: No longer increases movement speed (was causing units to sprint to their death)

BoneCrusher.png
    Bone Crusher green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1100 -> 1120

MaskedSpirit.png
    Masked Spirit red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1.1 -> 1.06

FalseMaiden.png
    False Maiden red_arrow.png

HellRaiser.png
    Hell Raiser red_arrow.png

Pyro.png
    Pyro red_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1.625 -> 1.6

Honeyflower.png
    Honeyflower green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1200 -> 1220

Butcher.png
    Butcher green_arrow.png
    - Leech: Life steal and spell vamp: 10% -> 12%

HeadChef.png
    Head Chef green_arrow.png
    - Cannibalism: Life steal and spell vamp: 15% -> 18%

FireLord.png
    Fire Lord green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1.02 -> 1.04

Fenix.png
    Fenix green_arrow.png
    - Damage: 280 -> 285

GreatBoar.png
    Great Boar red_arrow.png
    - Health: 3250 -> 3200
    - Damage: 60 -> 59

RedEyes.png
    Red Eyes red_arrow.png
    - Health: 8250 -> 8130
    - Damage: 150 -> 148

Hydra.png
    Hydra red_arrow.png
    - Health: 2820 -> 2790
    - Hydraling: Health: 940 -> 930

Waves

Mantis.png
    (12) Mantises green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1190 -> 1220

DrillGolem.png
    (13) Drill Golems red_arrow.png
    - Health: 3170 -> 3120

KillerSlug.png
    (14) Killer Slugs green_arrow.png red_arrow.png
    - Spell Resistance: Removed
    - Health: 2000 -> 2070

We’re removing this ability for two reasons:
    1. It was visually unclear that it existed (most players didn’t even know)
    2. It was doubling down on countering spells in an unhealthy way (most spells tend to be magic and 14 is already arcane)
    Cardinal.png
    (16) Cardinals green_arrow.png
    - Health: 1900 -> 1930

Maccabeus.png
    (20) Maccabeus red_arrow.png
    - Damage: 155 -> 150

LegionLord.png
    (21) Legion Lords green_arrow.png
    - Attack speed: 1.04 -> 1.06

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019
  2. Cornep

Cornep Member

Well,

the new unit looks amazing.

Not a fan of removing 14 as an anti spell, we are losing all unique waves one by one. only 9 really left, im guessing that will go away next patch?

I did not expect the boar nerf.

In the roll recommendation feature, should it not say "No tanks" in the first section? I mean you cant count wile/canopie as tanks

Seraphin and Jules like this.
  3. Jules

Lisk and I agreed that wave 14's ability lacked visual clarity/feedback and was negative in terms of gameplay since it hard-countered spells. I think an anti-spell ability could be re-added on a non-arcane wave or when there are more non-magic spells. Wave 9's ability is interesting, but it needs some VFX to improve visual clarity/feedback which we'd like to add in a future patch. Cynick told me a few days ago that he didn't even know wave 9's ability existed for his first ~1000 games, and I think that's the case for most players.

Second highest win rate unit! Plus, the buff to 12, nerf to 13, and change to 14 are all indirect buffs to Boar. I would expect Boar to still be top tier after this nerf.

It's more a design decision about what tips we want to show. They are currently tied to the mastermind guarantees. We're open to suggestions though! The current tips are:
    • No tier 1
    • Not enough high-tier units
    • No fortified/natural tank
    • No swift/natural tank
    • No arcane
    • No pierce
    • No magic
    • No impact
    It's a bit inconsistent. For example, Aqua Spirit counts as arcane, but Disciple doesn't count as swift. Windhawk currently counts as a swift/natural but doesn't count as a natural/fortified. The inconsistencies are due to:
    • Lack of arcane units in the past, which made us count ranged arcane units as arcane (otherwise, you would have gotten Peewee or Wileshroom every game, which is boring). Now that we have Sand Badger and Desert Pilgrim, we could consider not counting ranged units like Priestess as arcane.
    • Demand for strong guarantees back in the days before you could reroll. Basically, everyone wanted Mudman, Antler, or Banana Bunk in their roll every game. Now that we have rerolls, we could consider counting units like Windhawk as fortified/natural.
    Ultimately, guarantees are a tradeoff between variety and perfect fairness. The more or stronger the guarantees, the more often you'll see the exact same units in your rolls. The fewer or more relaxed the guarantees, the more often you'll get interesting combinations of rolls that may be challenging to play with.

I've had players get mad at me for making Gateguard count as fortified/natural. I get it - I'd also rather have Mudman in my roll every game, but it's interesting and fun when you have to make real choices when picking your rolls.

If you're interested, feel free to share the exact list of mastermind guarantees you'd like to have, including which units fall into each category. Some are pretty tricky - for example, what categories would Bone Warrior have?

ViccieLeaks, Cornep and Bonny like this.
  4. Bonny

Bonny Member

Id love to see it

Seraphin likes this.
  5. Cornep

Cornep Member

I would honestly count any unit above 110g to be counted as frontline that can fill the armor slot.

meaning only veteran would count as a frontline armor from T1

IF you are more lax, go to 100g frontline armor could count

poly = swift
    So bones = fortified

But honestly, while the line is a bit of a tight one, having to mass poly, bones or consort for frontline will kill you after wave 6, and in my opinion should disqualify them.

What does no high tier units mean? One of the best set-ups we have been roaming around with, is pure t3 builds as in windhawk, tempest can work, or max t4. Good tip, just curious of the parameters

Do you count tank units to the attack types? Pigs, golem etc do barely any damage. Or is it similar to armor types that it filters units out that are massively favoring HP over dps?

How about change "No T1" to "No unit under 50g", this might be just me ( and ithion will scream at me for saying this) but you can easily get by with 40g and 45g t2 units

On the side note, I had a game earlier with 0 arcane units in my rolls, unless you calculate LoD as an arcane armor, but surely that doesn't count? that's 0 arcane armor in melee until you get to a hades.

Speaking of hades/summons, as a lot of them have different attacktype, are you caltulating both of them? For example gateguards are absolutely horrible on swift waves, but technically it does have piercing. Same with Imps.

This is more of a thinking outloud situation, instead of saying the idea is not good or is good.

For tricky units,
    I would place bone into magic,
    poly into magic but not swift
    Consort to only piercing
    grarl for impact and nature
    aquas to piercing
    violet to both magic and impact and naturally nature as well
    mudman to fortified but not impact
    disciple to piercing and spell is spell would be a category
    fenix swift despire being ranged, as the unit is meant and built to be placed as an off tank
    gateguard to fortified/nature impact
    butcher to nature
    doppel to swift pierce
    lod to magic
    wileshroom to arcane but not arcane tank if there is a difference, and impact
    hf to nature/magic
    Cow i honestly am not sure if i'd include in impact, i think i would and nature
    banana pierce and fortified. reflect does enough dps to get it listed
    Bazooka magic & fortified
    aps only fortified
    Berserker swift magic
    millenium i would impact list, not really as a tank ( best joke) and as the unit is beefy af it would count as arcane
    looter impact
    herpes pierce
    warg pierce natural
    healy dudes, really do little damage and dont tank coza they are far behind so 0 clue on this one
    Iron scale only arcane, so little dps imo
    Pig only fortified as their tiny damage is split even further to 2 areas so i would argue by far no dps to be listed
    Masks very much pierce
    Cat thing both arcane and impact

In my opinion ( and i assume a lot of people will disagree):
    Melee dps have both armor and dps counted
    Melee balanced both dps and armor
    Tanks only armor
    Auras are all kinda special case by case
    short ranged ( pyro firelord etc) both armor and dps
    Ranged dps only dps matters
    Summoners, main damage and armor type, so for doggos fortified/natural impact, lod magic

Seraphin and Jules like this.
  6. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

I must I love all those qualité of life improvement. Queuing will be so much better than waiting then spam to get it asap. And the mercenary queuing, replacing high with low when not enough is even greater.

You said that wave 9 and 14 didn't good visual effect which was leading to be invisible.
    Wouldn't it be possible to get on your fighter tool type "weak on next wave against deflect" / "weak on next wave against spell resist"?
    I'm sure that would be prob be enough, or at least a good start.

Staying on Fighter tooltip:
    - Having mouvement type is great.
    - Could we get attack damage and attack speed as well ? That's important as well. Having a 3aa per and a 0.25aa per second isn't the same, even with same dps.
    Could be something like this :
    Dps : XX (yy AD | zz AS)
    - is there a setting to lock tooltip on detailed ? I don't want to keep pressing a key :p

Jules likes this.
  7. Jules

Love the feedback!

I agree "no cheap tower" is a better hint, and then we can pick the gold threshold, though Lisk preferred "no tier 1," and I'm okay with it. Since the recommender is geared towards less-experienced players, imo, it's better to recommend at least one tower that is 25 gold or less. Yes, you can make rolls work with cheap T2 towers, but they are trickier to play. The goal is to teach new players the importance of cheap towers and spending gold efficiently.

"Not enough high tier" shows up if you have only tier 1-3 units (no tier 4-6). Yes, it's possible to make tier 3 builds work as you said, but probably not recommended for newer players.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on various units. To make things easier to discuss, I'll categorize units into lists. Let me know what you think should be changed.

Arcane
    • Peewee
    • Gargoyle
    • Nekomata
    • Wileshroom
    • Sand Badger
    Maybe:
    • Aqua is solid 3, 7, and 8
    • Priestess of the Abyss is solid 3, 8, 15, 18, and 20
    • Millennium is solid 7, 8, 14, and 20
    • Lord of Death is solid 8, 15, 18, and 20
    It feels like the arcane list is too small and needs to include at least some of towers in the "maybe" category. Maybe all of them but Lord of Death?

Fortified/Natural
    • Angler
    • Grarl
    • Eggsack
    • Mudman
    • Gateguard
    • Antler
    • Banana Bunk
    • Warg
    • Great Boar
    Maybe:
    • Windhawk
    • Bone Warrior (Bone Crusher)
    • Butcher
    • Buzz
    • Honeyflower
    • Bazooka (Pyro)
    • Tempest
    • APS
    Swift/Natural
    • Pollywog (Devilfish)
    • Grarl
    • Eggsack
    • Fire Lord
    • Antler
    • Berserker
    Maybe
    • Sea Serpent
    • Windhawk
    • Bone Warrior
    • Butcher
    • Nightmare
    • Buzz
    • Honeyflower
    • Looter
    Pierce
    • Angler
    • Sea Serpent
    • Aqua Spirit
    • Disciple
    • Nightmare
    • Buzz
    • Banana Bunk
    • Harpy
    • Warg
    • Marked Spirit
    Maybe
    • Bone Warrior (Fire Archer)
    • Gateguard
    • Peewee (Boosted)
    • Berserker
    • Great Boar
    Magic
    • Pollywog
    • Priestess of the Abyss
    • Fire Lord
    • Lord of Death
    • Bazooka (Zeus, Pyro)
    • Desert Pilgrim
    Maybe
    • Grarl (Ocean Templar)
    • Aqua Spirit (Fire Lord)
    • Windhawk (Violet)
    • Bone Warrior (Fire Archer, Dark Mage)
    • Gargoyle
    • Buzz
    • Berserker
    Impact
    • Grarl
    • Eggsack
    • Windhawk
    • Bazooka
    • Wileshroom
    • Antler
    • Bazooka
    • Millennium
    • Looter
    • Nekomata
    Maybe
    • Bone Warrior
    • Gateguard
    • Mudman
    • Sand Badger
    • Great Boar
    It seems wrong to include Gateguard as Impact but not Mudman, as you suggested. Mudman has higher impact damage per gold than Gateguard.

What's missing from these categories is the degree of effect. For example, a unit like Mudman might not offer much impact damage, but if you take Bone Warrior, Mudman and Sand Badger, it's enough. That's one issue with making a unit like Mudman not count as impact. Imagine if your roll was Bone Warrior, Ranger, Mudman, Sand Badger, Antler, and Red Eyes. The recommender would say "no impact damage" even though 5/6 of your units offer some form of impact. In an ideal world, we could make every unit count partially (e.g. Mudman counts as 0.3 impact), but that's probably not easy to implement right now.
    We could add that in the future!

We could add that, but it seems like information overload to have damage, attack speed, and DPS.
    Yes, there is a setting for it!

8. Mick

Mick Member

Is the power score displayed for enemies as well? If so, I am not a fan, since it can be used to calculate enemy workers/pretending to be weak to lure an early send and more things. It will be very unnecessarily massive info in high rating games. If you implement it,I would suggest putting an elo cap on it.

Also, I can see many players being tempted to play for highest power score, especially in lower rating games, which makes me wonder if this is smart to implement at all.

9. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

Nice quality of life changes. Could we also get a feature to completely turn of pre-selection please?

I can already see Nekomata being very tilting to play against early. Kinda like Crusher 2.0 where you just want it to die and it just doesn't stop healing. With the difference that it does fall off later and not as hard as Crusher.
    It also looks like you went pretty low poly for this model.

@Mick You could already calculate values/workers before, most people are just too lazy to do it nowadays. I remember in S1 there were people around who took screen shots of enemy lanes at the beginning of day to calculate all that.

Jules likes this.
  10. Robert Mends

Robert Mends Member

I'm loving the patch! Seriously, epic work in such a short amount of time!
    The new unit is superb
    Queue: just YES!
    Roll advisor is a thing I never thought I needed, but actually needed very much. Thanks for bringing this.
    Balance changes I am unqualified to comment, as always, I trust in your professionalism.

Overall, :this_is_fine:

Curing and Jules like this.
  11. Mick

Mick Member

Well, but calculating value is different than calculating value and knowing the workers because of it. Before you could calculate value on 11, but you still need some intuition to read from sends and how the game went how many workers the enemy had. Now you can take out calculator and calculate value, then retract the rest of the power score from it and you have the amount of workers. To me that impairs gameplay/need for gamesense. Not only to read workers, but in general if you are doing good or not, if you should push, if it's a fat game or not. All that is skill, and now you can read it from score screen, instead of needing game sense for it.

That's why I plead for putting this on low rating, so it can help people develop this sense, but not have it on high rating, since they don't need this sense anyway and it's only going to be a tool of abuse/less need for game sense.

By the way, I love all the other things in here :D

Jules likes this.
  12. Sokushi

Sokushi Member

Devour says it should be 25% of max health, but the tooltip and healing are actually at a hard cap of +200 hp. Can this be fixed or the text around Devour be fixed? I was hoping to test buffing the health of these with the 25% healing, but it is kind of moot at a flat +200 instead.

Jules likes this.
  13. Bonny

Bonny Member

For all who cant test or are interested:

I think it is a bit too strong early yet. Overall awesome unit!

Curing, Jules, Themryon and 1 other person like this.
  14. holepercent

holepercent Member

Some pretty cool features here. Next challenge will be to see how much ELO you lose if you just press keep without looking for like 20 games.

Jules and ViccieLeaks like this.
  15. adames

adames Member

Nice patch, lot of new things so good job!

New unit seems good. Maybe too good for 200g. Monster early, great for 7 and u dont need shift gold on w6 for it. Its kinda like canopie, probably just one and done. Strong early, but falls late and works worse with most of the auras then cano. Next one i will build on 14 i guess.

Merc and worker que pretty cool, but what i will do now whit the last secs i was spending on sending mercs :D Also gonna miss spaming "u" key.
    Finally when u have selected fighter, its not gonna unselect on the start of wave, GJ!

Power score - this one i dont like at all. Idk why and for what reason u want show us this. U can check lines and see sends to have picture about it and not showing into our face exact number. Also a lot of people will hunt the score(some will think they play good) and i doubt that it will increase overallskill level.
    All these noob friendly changes like(preselect roll, text info when u are strong/weak, tips) are very good for new players so i like that, but can u disable it in settings later?

Wave changes(loosing special powers)- i am not too fan of that. I think w6 is worse now, w14 not sure yet about, but its kinda big buff for masks right? Where are they weak now?
    W20 is rly weak now compared how strong it was couple patchs ago.

Jules, holepercent and Bonny like this.
  16. Bonny

Bonny Member

Can only agree 100% on all points

17. Themryon

Themryon Member

I am actually quiet pissed. Not on this patch particularly (i am loving the new content), but I see regularly coming back this quote:
    I tell you why i am pissed. I put already hours into translation. And then i keep seeying this shit in the spreadsheet:
    Row X: (not translated)
    Cards canopie_card Canopie Card

Row Y: (translated)
    Unit canopie_unit Canopie

Really? So you ask us to help you, and all we have to do is like dumb fucks making all translations twice?? You can't just pick the translation of Canopie and put 1 tranlsation of "Card" after it?

I give you another one:
    Masters cup I - Gold
    Masters cup II - Gold
    Masters cup III - Gold

Really?

I give you another one:
    Season 2 - Level 5
    Season 2 - Level 6
    Season 2 - Level 7
    Season 2 - Level 8

Really?

Please put some effort in making it a bit more generic...

18. basti

basti Member

I see the problem with the visibility, about the spell/range 14/9 resistance.

May there can pop a red "-X" number, where the minus dmg is visisble (like the +dmg of serker), so everyone can see at least, that there is something special. May the colors of the "+X"/"-X" should differ. For further clearness, may you can add a hint at the waves info board (F10?) and make there a remark, with gets -15% dmg from ranged units. I think the unique waves makes the game more interesting.

Yes, missing an arcane tank is one of the most problems with rolls. If you also miss a bunk, you also have big problems 7/8, which leads you to overbulid hard and gives you a big worker missing. This is one of the main reasons why i reroll.

Jules likes this.
  19. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Huge patch, great work as always! Thanks for the nerf of hellraiser. that was needed. However, the unit himself is not that op except when it is played with MPS/APS. With this unit, this is just absurd.
    I saw a lot of people hold wave 9 or 13 with more than 50% in hell raisers...

Dark mage buff was sooo important. Thanks you for that change.

finally a up for wave 16 and 12 ^^ good to see.

But the most important change I can see here is about the client/quality of life changes. That sound like another step for the game. Cannot wait more steps!

By the way @Jules, is it possible to have a list of emoji when you begin to write ? Like, you're starting writing :money and you have an auto completion proposed ? That would be perfect to use correctly emoji if you don't know all!

@Curing Didn't know Jules give you permission to model your cat hahaha. More seriously, I really like this unit. For sure that will be my favorite :D :D

Curing and Jules like this.
  20. Jules

Made the following changes based on feedback and testing:

Nekomata
    - Health: 620 -> 640
    - Damage: 31 -> 32
    - Devour: Health restore: 200 -> 8% of max health (weaker but now scales with health-buffing effects like Hero and Gaia Shield)

Mastermind Groups
    - Magic: Removed Aqua Spirit, Grarl
    - Impact: Removed Great Boar
    - Pierce: Removed Gateguard
    - Arcane: Removed Lord of Death
    - Fortified/Natural: Added Butcher, Eggsack
    - Swift/Natural: Added Eggsack

My plan in the future is to make the system smarter by adding fractional values. For example, Sand Badger counts as 1.0 arcane, Nekomata as 0.7, and Lord of Death as 0.3, and you're guaranteed at least 0.5 sum-total arcane.

@Themryon I understand your frustration and appreciate all of your help. The reality is that self-referencing and discrete translations are prone to bugs and incorrect translations. For example, in Spanish, the translations for those words are "Esporacañón" and "Carta." However, the correct translation for "Canopie Card" is "Carta de Esporacañón," not "Esporacañón Carta." That's going to be different for every language, and we have no way of programmatically knowing that in advance. So we went with this approach. It's not perfect, but it's straightforward and allows us to handle translations without hard-coding language-specific things (e.g. if Spanish, use "<A> de <B>"). I understand this means some translations require copy-pasting, which sucks, but it was the lesser of two evils in our eyes. If someone translates one of the cards, it will teach me the correct syntax in that language, and then I'm happy to do the copy-pasting myself for that language. Just tag me in Discord, and I'll add it to my to-do list! Thanks again for all your help.

@Mick @adames @Bonny Completely understand your concerns. The goal is for players to use Power Score to understand who is strong, not to deduce specific information about workers, etc. If it became a tactic, we'd change or remove Power Score. Our belief is that it's not easy to deduce specific information from Power Score for the following reasons:
    • We're humans, not robots. We don't have the time or mental bandwidth to keep track of other players' exact value, supply, and income.
    • The exact formula is intentionally obfuscated. It's not just adding up gold + mythium.
    • Power Score only updates once per day, so it's not giving real-time information.
    I played a few test games on PTR and wasn't able to easily use Power Score to my advantage. I could be wrong though. After trying it out, let me know what you think. To repeat, we're not going to let the game revolve around abusing Power Score; if that becomes a tactic, we'll change or remove it.

Auto-complete would be really cool; not sure if that's possible right now. Lisk is working on an in-game codex that would have a bunch of information, including all the possible emojis.

Curing, Bonny, Seraphin and 2 others like this.