1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v3.16: Introducing Chat 2.0

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Lisk, May 21, 2019.

1. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

After several months of work, we're excited to launch v3.16 which features Chat 2.0.

v3.16 Patch Notes
    Expected to release: May 21
    Deployed May 21, 2019 10:52 am PDT (7:52 pm CEST)
    Reverted temporarily - no ETA for redeployment yet

chat2.png
    Chat 2.0 replaces the chat system from the ground-up, improving scalability and fixing numerous bugs.

As with any big release, there will probably be new bugs introduced, so please ping us on Discord if you find any chat bugs.

This is phase 1 (of 10) in our efforts to make Legion TD 2 scalable to be able to handle more players in the future. For a bit more context, check out jitsuc4's May Update:
    https://legiontd2.com/community/threads/looking-at-legion-may-update.19381/

No balancing/tweaks or new content this patch - we kept this patch chat-only so we can quickly revert & fix it without disrupting gameplay. The next content/balance patch is estimated for May 27th (next Monday).

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

We got some pretty good testing in today - reverted back to v3.15e for now while we work on some fixes. Hopefully we can redeploy v3.16 sometime tomorrow or this week.

Seraphin likes this.
  3. Themryon

Themryon Member

Why was it not launched on ptr?

4. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Developer Staff Member

It was on ptr for several weeks, we just didnt do any big announcements (but unless we ask specific people for help or its a big content update there wont be many testers). However the issue was less about the chat features and more about versioning issues because apparently some old code got pushed while we deployed chat 2.0 (for example hybrid mode was not available in custom games anymore) and we didnt want to risk any other issues that are not chat 2.0 related and decided to revert to the old patch while we investigate what went wrong during deployment.

Themryon and Robert Mends like this.
  5. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

That's a really good step you did here. I cannot wait the next patch for the game. I think it will be good to get some changes. At the moment, in very high elo, the game is too much roll dependant to be honest.

anyways, good luck for your work and thanks again ;)

basti likes this.
  6. basti

basti Member

Thats the point. The roll makes a really important role and could give you a crusial advantage. Especially on wave 20. So, sometimes you just know, if you cant break the enemy before 20, you will just lose the game, cause you get outrolled.

Seraphin likes this.
  7. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

I suggested weeks ago that we have a permanent fourth option of reroll with no gold bonus on level 10.

Themryon likes this.
  8. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Actually, I think it is not necessary in low/medium elo. The problem is here only in very high elo games (1800+ I would say).
    And I'm not sure your suggestion is enough. In the contrary, you could have more unbalanced roll with this I think ;)

9. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

LUL

Those you mentioned in the "very high elo games" don't even know how to pick a roll properly, it's obvious they'd have issues late game and being "outrolled"

1. No wonder you guys cry about rolls, considering that there have been a few OP rolls for.. what.. 4 months now?
    2. Well no wonder those kind of rolls are frustrating considering we get 1 patch/month now. Hellraiser has been broken ever since release.
    3. No wonder you guys think some people are outrolling you. It's actually way more simple than that. They just pick late game rolls, because there's a simple "mechanic" which allows anyone to force going into the late game. Literally, only 1 player which wants to force late game can do so by going king ups.
    No one: Nothing
    Literally no one: Nothing
    Seraphin: GREAT JOB YOU ALL!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

Bluejin likes this.
  10. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Well, I wanted to be kind by saying 1800+ XD. But yeah you're right people in 1800 still do huge mistake in their pick.
    I don't cry because no patch concerning balances has been released since 1 month because it is not the priority at the moment. But, yeah you're right @Roshkatul, they will need to fix this meta.

Personnaly, I did a game against @Bonny, I just couldn't win even if we did really good job with my mate because he just had an OP roll. I had to deal with it we went to 21-2 and we just loss because mass hydra + berserker/fatalizer + hellraiser + APS + pyro + Grarl...
    And this is not the first time I see this. I have already won against Kingdanzz just because me and my mate had an op roll...

11. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

Yeah, you are correct. You did not cry because there are no frequent patches.
    However, you did complain about issues which could be fixed with smart/frequent patches.

And yeah, I'm well aware that there are some rolls which are unbreakable. Think Bluejin played against me when I had a roll like that.

12. Bluejin

Bluejin Member

@Roshkatul Yeah, that APS Pyro build was pretty nasty. You sending into me didn't help either :D

The people who get to complain about getting outrolled when they lose can be counted on one hand. The rest of the "very high elo" players don't get to make excuses. Masters is a joke, half of the people there don't even know the basics and probably only got there by playing off-hours with plats. If you don't believe me, here some great 2k+ rating builds :
    Garbage Building 1.jpg
    Garbage Building 2.jpg

nimea likes this.
  13. nimea

nimea Member

Imagine League of Legends wouldn't get patched every other week. People would just leave the game if certain champions remain untouched (well that still happens...). You need to balance your game frequently or people will make a break or quit the game. So it has to be the #1 priority! There are literally no excuses. We all know that Masks are broken as fuck, we don't have to wait another week to find out.

14. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Well I didn't explain correctly what I wanted to say. I meant that at the moment it is not their priority since there will be a lot of changes during next weeks. But after those changes, for sure they will patch every 2 weeks like before.
    Keep in mind they are only 4 people to work on the game. So, they have to choose their priorities.

In a perfect world with enough ressources, they would patch the game and still develop huge upcrades. They cannot do this at the moment for sure. I accept to wait even if I don't like it.

15. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Developer Staff Member

Right, literally no excuses, except that you're comparing Legion TD 2 (which has 4 employees working full time + outsourced contracts for models/animations/texture/rigging etc. working all from home) to League of Legends?

"As of May 2018, Riot Games operates 24 offices around the world, in which it employs 2,500 staff members." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_Games)

And even League of Legends has a patch schedule of 2+ weeeks, sometimes even longer if there are bigger changes. (https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018987893-League-of-Legends-patch-schedule)

The current situation is how it is and I think you should be carefull with statements like "there are literally no excuses and you should patch every other week", especially when we mentioned multiple times that we are working on a lot of long-term stuff that isnt directly visible but try to alternate between content patches and long term improvements.
    Also when we did regular balance updates every 1 or 2 weeks people also complainted about the meta changing too much / too often because there were so many balance changes that people didnt even bother anymore to read the notes or figuring out what changed.

16. Mick

Mick Member

I agree with that, also because the game is still in 'Early Access', which means you can play while it is still being developed. Development does not only mean content in this case and I think that it's reasonable. Main thing is that development is going on.

There is also another positive thing to slower balance changes, which is it gives you time to find counters, instead of balancing before we know whether the roll is OP because people play wrong vs it, or if it is just too strong. Especially in Early Access you should let it go sometimes to find that out.

Regarding the unbalanced rolls, agreed. Masks, APS combined is unbalanced. For that regard, any build with masks and good tanks. Level 20 is unfair at the moment because it hugely favors any type of roll that leaks slow.

Seraphin likes this.
  17. nimea

nimea Member

@EpvpDani It shouldn't be too hard to change some numbers, is it? People already offered helping the devs. I remember Roshkatul doing great balance changes .. within 1 hour.

People are getting tired of the same meta. There are alot of units that are just broken. You don't need to patch every week, but a patch every 2 weeks would be great. Seraphin has already written patch notes for Lisk. Why don't ask the community to help?

Riot patches every 2 weeks except 9.14.

18. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

I really love how people just see what they want. You should stop talking with Rosh you begin to be like him and say all is just too simple hahaha. :p:)
    It is not that simple since you have to respect a quality process :
    - Do changes on dev environnement
    - Test changes on dev environnement
    - if your dev environnement is not iso prod (a copy of where your game is running), go onto integration environnement (which should be a copy of your prod environnement, where your game is running) and install your new version.
    - Test changes on integration environnement
    - Install new version on Prod environnement
    - Test the new version on Prod environnement

As you can see, this is a long process which can take several hours to severals days depending on how much you want to avoid bugs.
    I don't know how far AutoAttack does its tests. But it still some hours at least which is not nothing when you have only 4 people to work on the project and when you develop A LOT your company (I'm pretty sure they have a lot of discussions with business entities, companies etc...).

Another thing, when you have a schedule and you want to develop something "huge", you have to do sometimes some sacrifices. Here, it is. For one month we don't have any patch. Yes that's boring...but yes I think it is normal.

Thank you for understanding.

19. nimea

nimea Member

We are talking about balance changes. They already said that they have an editor to do that.

20. Themryon

Themryon Member

You can say what you want roshkatul, but
    1. If you look at the ranking. 1800+ means only 100 people. So yeah that is high elo for me, even if there is a range of 700 elo still in those 100 people
    2. Those broken rolls only affect those 100 people. You even say that a lot of those people dont know how to pick rolls.

So complain all you want but do you really think it matters thát much if it only affects 50 people? lol.

SiegeMentality likes this.