1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v4.06: Game Balance, AI Improvements, 2x Chaos Weekend

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

@Jules Petition to reform the Alpha Male - change the trigger and let the lions stand together like they would in the wild :)

"The size of a coalition varies from two males to seven males and is generally made up of brothers and cousins. The bond begins when they are cubs and they remain together as one united force. A coalition of male lions in their prime can be crucial in establishing and maintaining a large territory. The male lions will roar and use scent markings to establish their territory. Big coalition groups tend to have better feeding opportunities, with more paws to assist in the hunt."

[​IMG]

Source: https://www.safari.com/travel-blog/male-lion-coalitions-sabi-sands/

Marchombre likes this.
  2. s0n0fagun

s0n0fagun Member

I totally agree with this!

But... if they do that, they should also change the entire core of the unit.
    Because right now the unit gets weaker when equal or stronger units are placed behind next to it. And that just totally represents the opposite of what a coalition of Lions stands for!

3. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

I appreciate your enthusiasm, guys. :p

According to National Geographic for African lions, "Prides are family units that may include up to three males, a dozen or so females, and their young. All of a pride's lionesses are related, and female cubs typically stay with the group as they age. Young males eventually leave and establish their own prides by taking over a group headed by another male."

"Male Asiatic lions are solitary or associate with up to three males, forming a loose pride while females associate with up to 12 other females, forming a stronger pride together with their cubs. Female and male lions associate only when mating."

Male lions are more likely to be solitary or to be the leaders of a pride (which are predominantly female), while female lions are more likely to stay together. That's the spirit of what we were going for, and I think it inspired some interesting gameplay, even if it's not perfectly accurate.

Pennywise, EpvpDani and Seraphin like this.
  4. Mick

Mick Member

I think it's sexist to assume that the 'female' lions are more social and want others around, while the males are more solitary. What about males who like to have company too, or females that want to be solitary? And have you thought of intersexual lions? They must feel really discriminated when they see this.. #genderequalityinLTD2

Pennywise and EpvpDani like this.
  5. Cornep

Cornep Member

I wonder how lions taste like?

Anyone know?

Some of the predators are yummy, but never seen lion meat anywhere

My Inner Head chef needs to know!

Seraphin likes this.
  6. Pennywise

Pennywise Member

But Mr. Jules even your own source is saying that the males should be in groups of up to three - that's all I'm asking for here, let the males stand next to each other in a hex without debuffing each other (obviously cap it at 3 for zoological accuracy purposes).

PS since starting this whole meme I've actually played with the lions a bit (I hadn't really tried them before) and they're totally fine (strong even) but back on topic - DON'T TAKE THE LIONS PRIDE AWAY - LET THEM STAND TOGETHER

;)

Jules likes this.
  7. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

Cannot wait the next patch :D :D :D !! Is it coming at the end of the week @Jules please ?

basti likes this.