1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v5.00: Season 5

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Will think of a way to add this in a future patch.
    Noted.
    I'll probably lower the collection value of Unbreakable from 15 to 3 next patch. It used to be much harder to hit 10,000 value back in the day when we made that achievement.

2. Seraphin

Seraphin Member

This is definitvely the best patch you have ever done on your game!! This is absolutely wonderful :D

I will try it a bit before giving you some feedback :)

Jules likes this.
  3. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

And another thing...

I just played a 4v4 with an incomer on each side. The incomers went soul gate. There were so many soul gates at 20 that the game froze, and night before 21 none of us had time to build. I was sitting on 1600 gold. 21 went off, and the game froze so long that the antistuck timer went off and started picking off frogos. 2nd 21 went off and we didn't even see our king get hit. I don't run the best system, but my entire team was complaining in text so I know it wasn't just me.

Due to incomers and crosses in classic, I think it would be best to significantly jack up the gold cost of soul gates.

4. Jules

Sorry that happened and thanks for letting us know. We'll be making some changes.

5. Jules

v5.00e hotfix just went live
    • Fixed a bug where Delicacy would sometimes not be available for Ocean Templar and Kingclaw
    • Sprint (movement speed buff when your whole team leaks in 4v4) increased from 200 to 250
    • Reworked Soul Gate and Hell Gate to reduce unit mass causing late-game lag, especially in 4v4
    • (Removed in v5.00f) Soul Gate and Hell Gate spawn their summon 1 second later, to allow their first summon to be affected by auras.
    Dimensional Rift and Dimensional Chasm
    • Mana cost: 15 -> 10
    • Now summons a Hellion, then a Nightstalker, alternating
    • All spawns' health and damage buffed by 50%
    Blood Price:
    • Health cost: 20% -> 15%

v5.00f
    • Disabled the fix from v5.00e that delayed Soul Gate/Hell Gate spawn, since it was causing aggro issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2019
  6. IQ_999

IQ_999 Member

Hmm I really liked the idea of centaur becoming a solid natural armor Tank. But I think we have to keep an eye on the possibilities to counter mass (looters).There is no ways to counter them any more in the game - of course witch should counter mass - but well mass counters wich im some way as well, since looters killed by the wich consume some overkilldmg. If witch really should be the masscounter it would be an interesting option to reduce her Dmg, but give her an AoE atack in return - mb even let her focus Units based on lowest max HP.
    Especially Lategame or in high dmg lvls like 13/15, looters are hard to counter.
    Acually an Ironscales dies after 21 hits of the Giant quadrapus at the cost of 530 gold - u can build 21 looters for same tankiness für 210 gold^^
    In addition Looters are one the the best dps/gold units, so if you send, u kinda always need a mole.
    Massing looters=DPS+Tank+protection of more important units from getting focussed.
    u can counter the dps by mole, u cant counter the other to points, since there is no AoE mercenary.

If witch is the mass counter and u need mole anyways - that means 320 mythium - kinda not worth to safe that for lvl10 p.e.^^
    Well to conclude - I think there should be an eye on those masslooters in the current patch. Just nerfing the HP doesnt affect the strengh in those leves, where the unit is 1-hit anyways.

Jules likes this.
  7. Jules

Good point. I'll keep an eye on it and also have some ideas for next patch.

8. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

I don't see the value of centaur being a natural armor tank. Ogre might not come out first, but he fills the role nicely. I'd prefer to see centaur in his original state now due to the removal of supply cap and such. The original cleave would solve so many of these spam issues.

9. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Small v5.00g patch
    We'll be doing more patches after holidays, such as taking another look at Centaur as well as other things brought up in this thread and elsewhere.