1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v5.02: Chaos & Hybrid Builders

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Jules, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

2020_0110_Patchnote.jpg

NEW! Chaos & Hybrid Builders

- Chaos and Hybrid are now permanently selectable in all non-ranked games for players level 5+
    - When playing Hybrid, towers now sell back for 80%, instead of 60%. Eggsack sells back for 95%. Also, Hybrid T3-T6 now cost less gold.
    - You can dual build with any combination of Mastermind, Chaos, and Hybrid builders

NEW! Legion Spell Pool

Legion spells are now divided into classes, then randomized, to ensure more interesting choices. Each of the following combinations occurs with 20% probability:
    • 1 defensive, 2 offensive
    • 1 defensive, 1 offensive, 1 scaling
    • 1 defensive, 2 scaling
    • 2 defensive, 1 offensive
    • 2 defensive, 1 scaling
    In addition, spells very similar to each other like All Out Assault and Press The Attack, or Savior, Allowance, and Sacrifice, are now mutually exclusive. For example, if Press The Attack is rolled, All Out Assault cannot be rolled.

Classes:
    • Defensive: Allowance, Dark Ritual, Guardian Angel, Loan, Pawn Shop, Protector, Sacrifice, Savior, Vampire, Villain
    • Offensive: All Out Assault, Giant Snail, Lizard Army, Overwork, Press the Attack
    • Scaling: Creditor, Embargo, Investment, Hero, Magician, Sorcerer, Venture
    Game Fixes & Improvements

Game Balance
    - Soul Gate & Hell Gate no longer immediately pull lane aggro (they now behave like most fighters)
    - Soul Gate & Hell Gate changed from Pure/Immaterial to Magic/Natural. This is to communicate what waves they are strong/weak against, but it shouldn't affect their balance much. The attack/defense types of the spawns (Hellion and Nightcrawler) are unchanged.
    - Lost Chieftain is now slightly more likely to buff Wileshroom, Canopie, Fire Lord, Fenix, and units with Protector

Quality of Life
    - Added a search bar for looking up other players' profiles
    - No more worker queue limit. Also, queued worker timers are now more accurate.
    - Profile fighter stats for upgraded fighters now displays the pick rate of the base fighter (instead of 0%)
    - Tutorial mission complete/incomplete popups now use new Victory/Defeat popups & music
    - Post-game builds tab now shows leak percents instead of leak values
    - Fixed sound when party member initiates matchmaking
    - Fixed a bug where hotkeys would be still active when typing an in-game player report
    - Fixed a visual bug when dual building where players would individually leak, when they should instead leak/clear together
    - Fixed a bug where match history match countries were shown incorrectly
    - Fixed a bug where match history did not show rating changes due to losses
    - Fixed a cosmetic bug with Mark Target

AI
    - Bots are less likely to over-push workers on waves 16+

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  2. SiegeMentality

SiegeMentality Member

Previous patch: When mousing over Unbreakable, I still see 15 points. And I don't think a retro actually happened.

Jules and Blasti like this.
  3. EpvpDani

EpvpDani Developer Staff Member

5.02 is now live

Jules and Blasti like this.
  4. Jules

This should be fixed now. It did apply retroactively. If you look at players' profiles, it will display the new, correct collection value. I'm not completely sure how the leaderboard works though; it may only update after you've gained a new trophy or card.

Edit: Just confirmed that everyone's collection values have been updated, but the new leaderboard values won't update properly, since it's coded to only go up. Things will even out over time (your leaderboard number will increase once your true collection value exceeds your leaderboard value). We can also try running a script in the future to fix the leaderboard, but no ETA on that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  5. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v5.02a

- New custom game mode: No Saving. Spend your mythium every wave! Otherwise, it will be spent automatically just before income.
    - Chaos and Hybrid builders now start with +3 income
    - Fixed a bug with dual build leak detection
    - Fixed a bug where Mastermind auto-pick rolls were accidentally preferring to recommend two T1s too often
    - Fixed a bug where dodging a ranked game wouldn't display the rating loss penalty (just a cosmetic bug. The penalty has always worked)
    - Improved sorting of Fighter Stats (breaks Performance ties with fewer losses)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2020
    Blasti, Rave and Jules like this.
  6. David05

David05 Member

How is the performance metric calculated?

7. Jules

We're not revealing the exact formula because an element of mystery is fun, but there is science behind it and it's correlated with win rate. As you play more games, Performance becomes a great way to judge which units you do well with and may want to continue using.

Blasti likes this.
  8. Blasti

Blasti Member

I see very sneaky @Jules :)

All i know is that i do not like the hybrid, all my tanks are in the back and my ranged are in the front, also the late game quadrouple egg sack is a bit of a no no for me, However on the Chaos builder i think i am in love, it's so fun to have a big mixup of everything, only problem with that is you turn into centaur food if you want a bit of everything :) But love it nevertheless! good patch!

9. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

v5.02b (will go live today or tomorrow)

Server & Matchmaking v2.0 is live! This has been our top development focus for the past 6 months and will allow the game to handle a higher amount of players. This is the single biggest code update since the game's release. We expect various bugs with a huge code update like this, but will work as quickly as possible to address them as they come up!

10. EpvpDani

v5.02b has been temporarly reverted back to the previous patch (5.02a) while we investigate some issues involving matchmaking cancellations and stats not being saved correctly
    but it will be hopefully back later this or next week

11. ithion

ithion Member

You can't see/pick chaos/hybrid on all resolutions :)

12. EpvpDani