1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Gamemodes

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Cornep, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Cornep

Cornep Member

Hey,

I figured it might be good to have a place where people could list their proper ideas for weekly or permanent modes.

1. Chaos 2x 300g or 350g. This was weekly but with 250g which leads to starvation and doesn't even guarantee hold for wave 1. with 300 or 350g the game becomes very different very fast which leads to fun fiesta moments with crazy sends and weird builds. 10/10 mode.

2.Switcheroo. You build on your teammates lane. This means leaking, pushing etc will not bite you in the ass, but your teammate, which creates a fun karmic circle. This one might need some support from Lisk. As this can't really be tested or fine tuned, it might need extra gold or other modes to be combined with for maximum enjoyment. potential 10/10, realistically 8/10

3. Minimum workers. With this mod you have to have X amount of workers per wave before you can build in the team. Depending on the formula, this can lead to VERY short games. I was thinking something like X being worker count, N being wave count, B being players per team and having the formula along the lines of
    X = B * 2N, so for example in 2v2, wave 10 you would have 40 workers in the team. Perfectly safe.
    This should result in VERY aggressive games which should be fun. Also this might be more fun in 4v4?

4. Anti Supply mode. Here you would gain mythium every wave as an extra, but the amount would be based on your supply used ( im assuming the values are still being tracked in the background?). Not sure about the formula here, but say if you used 20 supply on wave 4 you would gain an extra 10 mythium where someone who used 10 supply would gain 50 mythium.

More ideas one day.

Lisk, reW and GvR Mr Mister like this.
  2. reW

reW Member

i really like idea 1 and 2. Chaos 2x was super fun, but sometimes you couldnt even hold 1 which whas kinda frustrating.

And the Switcheroo sounds just super fun xD 10/10 would try out

Cornep likes this.
  3. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

These are fun :) I wonder for minimum workers if it makes sense to just disable the worker button and have everyone automatically get workers at a fixed rate. Like 1 every other wave 1-10, then 1 every wave after that, or something. Might be kinda tricky to implement the UI otherwise.

4. Schwingeling

Schwingeling Member

what a bout build with mercenaries instead of normal towers/fighter?

5. Cornep

Cornep Member

Would that mean you would send towers with gold, and build with mythium? That... Sounds weird, but might also be awesome?

6. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

I actually have something like that in store, I started designing a whole mode based "Mercenaries were betrayed and are now attacked by legions" where you would build mercenaries and send legion units.

I'm sure that would be tons of fun. Building krakens and sending Doomdsays to clear dat Giant snail spam.
    But it needed some changes (like auras fighters etc.) which is why i didn't really finished the thing :D

7. Schwingeling

Schwingeling Member

donĀ“t know... i guess it is not that easy to made if we send legion towers... maybe we can just build and send mercenaries. u get a start amount of myth to build and no start gold, but u will start with maybe 4 workers. u earn gold from the waves and u can go full workers, or we can made king ups kost gold, or reroll your marc with gold or smth like that. we can think about upgrades for workers for gold.

i dont really know how to design this mode, but there are much possibilities for it

8. Cornep

Cornep Member

How about Chaos spell mode?

Choice of random level 10 spell every wave? maybe every 2 waves.

Fun chaos with bunch of special power ups, random PTA's on wave 1 etc.

Marchombre and jitsuc4 like this.
  9. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

Chaos spell could be fun.
    But how things like all in assault which remove some income would work ?

Would you have negative income ? (ouch, that would hurt !) would you start with 20 income ? (might be needed anyway to hold the shit storm of send)

Cornep likes this.
  10. Cornep

Cornep Member

I dont think exrta income is needed considering most spells are kind of defensive anyway.

If you get the choice between 3 spells anyway i think it will be :fine: With all out assault you would still be on positive income if you sent so i dont think it is a problem, even if you can go to negative income.

Imagine creditor wave 1 :3

11. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

This one might actually be not that hard to implement if it's basically the same thing as building in your own lane, but getting gold for your ally's kills. :D

Cornep likes this.
  12. Cornep

Cornep Member

Oh Lisk, you sure know how to make great things happen!

Also @deutscherhawk imagine suicide in this game mode :D

Lisk likes this.