1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What merc to send FAQ

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Kyruel, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Kyruel

Kyruel Member

I have been having difficult finding a place that says what merc to send against certain units/setups. This is meant to be a repository of information on what you should send so feel free to post questions and il add them to this post along with any posted answers. please dont give answers unless you have at least 2000 rating.

#9 needs more elaboration.

1.) is it better to attack on waves where your opponent does reduced damage to them or when the wave you are sending on does increased
    Both, you ideally want to send on waves where both the attack and defense suck. But that's close to impossible, so the alternative is to make up for it with mercenaries. If your opponent has a lot of Pierce damage and you want to send on a swift wave, you can send fortified tanks like Dino's or siege ram. If you wanna send on waves with Pierce damage, but your opponent has a lot of natural armor, you can send magic dps such as Drakes or 4 eyes.

2.) What waves are good to send against banana tree and what units?
    Any impact damage waves, adding brutes. Thats for early game. For mid to late game, impact and magic waves are good, while adding auras to negate as much reflect damage as possible, or 4 eyes if the banana Haven has head chef
    Wave 9 is also not bad if you can send brute + safety mole and if the opponent does not have too much value. Usually, this is a good wave to send. Wave 10 is also not that bad against Banana.

3.) What waves are good to send against multiple bone crusher and what units??
    Any wave, as soon as it s late game, since crushers are really bad 10+.
    Early on, brutes on 3/6/7or 8

4.) Against forsaken that usually does mass units, are the best sends aura units until you can afford centaur?
    usually auras (mole) can work against unit spam. But ideally you want a centaur. If you can't afford it, at least send on waves with big attack speed or a big number of units

5.) What waves should I attack someone that has a canopie defense and what units to send?
    send according to armor types. Waves such as 11,12,16 have a perfect matchups against canopies and they melt. Early on, lizards (to counter the arcane armor) on 8 can do miracles.
    If the opponent does not have too much units, can be interesting to send mass brute wave 9 also and still interesting to send wave 10 since Canopie just melt wave 10.

6.) What waves and units are good for attacking hydras?
    send a drake on wave 6. 7 with Drakes/brutes or 8 with tanks can all work against hydras. 14 or any other magic damage wave can destroy hydras pretty well

wave with light armor like wave 12/16/19. Also, 18 is not that bad because of creeps ability

7.) What waves and units are good for attacking protons, does this change if they have a few coilers as the defense?

Mole is the necessary send, centaur if there are a lot of them, and fortified tanks if they also have serpents

8.) In general do you want to send aura units with melee waves and tanky units with ranged waves? are there any exclusions to this rule?
    you can always send melee tanks on melee waves, since the tank mercenaries gets focused first. As for ranged waves, sending a mole can be viable if you already sent a fairly decent amount of tank mercenaries

9.) What legion spells I.E hero/villain/Sorcerer are good on what units. Should we pick them over alternatives such as loan/market/venture?
    Hero can be used on big melee tanks such as whitemane or golem, and on any unit which is surrounded by a lot of expensive units (such as Doomsday's or Fenix) since the more expensive the units are, the more value you get out of hero.

Villain can be used on solid meele fighters such as doppel, kingpin, fatalizer, and also on banana Haven, since the multi attack works and it can affect 3 targets

10.) What waves have special abilities?
    wave 6- each attack amplifies damage taken by 4%
    wave 9- 15% reduced damage from ranged attacks
    wave 10- reduces duration of disables and stuns
    wave 14- reduces spell damage by 25%
    wave 18- deals 100 magic damage on hit (can someone explain in what situations this is useful?
    wave 20 each attack does 8% damage to nearby enemy units
    wave 21 each attack does 5% damage to nearby enemy units

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  2. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

1. Both, you ideally want to send on waves where both the attack and defense suck. But that's close to impossible, so the alternative is to make up for it with mercenaries. If your opponent has a lot of Pierce damage and you want to send on a swift wave, you can send fortified tanks like Dino's or siege ram. If you wanna send on waves with Pierce damage, but your opponent has a lot of natural armor, you can send magic dps such as Drakes or 4 eyes.

2. Any impact damage waves, adding brutes. That s for early game. For mid to late game, impact and magic waves are good, while adding auras to negate as much reflect damage as possible, or 4 eyes if the banana Haven has head chef.

Every wave can work with big sends.. sending hermit + small tanks on 8 or 11 can sometimes take the bunk by surprise. But usually 6 and 13 are the best waves

3. Any wave, as soon as it s late game, since crushers are really bad 10+.

Early on, brutes on 3/6/7 can work really good.

4. Yep, usually auras (mole) can work against unit spam. But ideally you want a centaur. If you can't afford it, at least send on waves with big attack speed or a big number of units

5. Don't over think some units. If you don't know when to send, just send according to armor types. Waves such as 11,12,16 have a perfect matchups against canopies and they melt. Early on, lizards (to counter the arcane armor) on 8 can do miracles.

6. 6 with Drake, 7 with Drakes/brutes or 8 with tanks can all work against hydras. 14 or any other magic damage wave can destroy hydras pretty well

7. Mole is the necessary send, centaur if there are a lot of them, and fortified tanks if they also have serpents.

8. Of course, you can always send meele tanks on meele waves, since the tank mercenaries gets focused first. As for ranged waves, sending a mole can be viable if you already sent a fairly decent amount of tank metcenaries

9. Hero can be used on big meele tanks such as whitemane or golem, and on any unit which is surrounded by a lot of expensive units (such as Doomsday's or Fenix) since the more expensive the units are, the more value you get out of hero.

Villain can be used on solid meele fighters such as doppel, kingpin, fatalizer, and also on banana Haven, since the multi attack works and it can affect 3 targets

10. Think it s more % for wave 6, can t check right now.

As far as wave 18 goes, you should keep in mind that arcane units are better than on other impact waves, and that natural units are worse than on other impact waves

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Wave 9 is also not bad if you can send brute + safety mole and if the opponent does not have too much value. Usually, this is a good wave to send. Wave 10 is also not that bad against Banana.

Wave 8 is also really interesting against mas bone crusher. But I don't think a lot of people do mass bone crusher. Usually, they prefer to do mass bone warrior.

If the opponent does not have too much units, can be interesting to send mass brute wave 9 also and still interesting to send wave 10 since Canopie just melt wave 10.

You forgot also wave with light armor like wave 12/16/19. Also, 18 is not that bad because of creeps ability. But I agree those waves are not the best waves to send against Hydra theorically. Also, I noticed Hydra is not that bad on wave 20.

Even if this is not the best, I think it is still not that bad on Zeus and Aqua.

Don't really understand why you say this. Eveerybody who has a good experience of LTD2 can give his opinion. A good example is french caster of Ogaming Lol who are only Silver or Gold and finally was hired by Optic Gaming (Zaboutine), Splyce (Duke1). Someone with medium rating does not mean he has bad idea. ;) By the way, I have already saw some 1600 players played better than 1900 elo player. And I have already saw some 1600 players played better than me during a game even if I'm 2k.

4. Kyruel

Kyruel Member

I understand that many players are not where they belong on the elo ladder(it takes forever to climb to the higher echelons.) I honestly feel like I dont have much idea what im doing and im 1800. I set the barrier at 2000 because it is more likely that someone with 2000 would have a reliable response as opposed to a 1600 player or even someone at my rating. Many people have different opinions of what the right answers would be, I just want the general consensus from people who have shown that they can reach the higher levels of play.

5. Kyruel

Kyruel Member

What are the weakest waves for each legion? List the most important wave(s) to attack on and the ones that would be good to hit between the major ones.