1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wileshroom & Canopie - better lategame?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussion' started by Samsoe, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Samsoe

Samsoe Member

So I was watching Akitos' stream yesterday, and came up with an idea to better balance the unit late game Without it having 2 much impact early game( i think ) ?

So the idea is to have Wileshroom/Canopie grow stronger, the more waves it has been alive.
    Meaning, i place a wileshrrom wave 1 - it survives. Giving it 1 stack.
    The stack should be giving it more HP( at the start of the round ) So instead of 50% HP, it should now start with 52%. I believe this stack should only be given the wileshroom if it actually survives the round.
    Maybe call it Growth in the wild or something completely different, not good with names haha.

Let me hear what you guys think.

2. Marchombre

Marchombre Member

We actually discussed something similar on the discord chat about a week ago (more starting Hp over time)

I'm not sure the surviving condition would fit a unit that is meant to tank tho.

But a similar thing would be great for canopies.

3. deutscherhawk

deutscherhawk Moderator

Or what if wileshroom starts with 50% but canopie starts with 60%?

Alternatively we can just embrace the regen and make it an epic strong unit for 6-10 (good armor matchup on 7-8, good attack on 9-10) and have it still fall off late like it does; a midgame bonecrusher if you will.

4. Roshkatul

Roshkatul Member

You would have to rework it completely for that, since it would become too strong early game if you go for a wileshroom start (wave 2,3,4,5). And if you somehow nerfed the HP, wileshroom 5w start wouldn't be viable anymore. And it would be hard to balance, and as sucky to use as late game kingpins, since you won't want to get canopies late game if they don't have time to build up their stacks(similar to how you don't get bounty hunters late game).

Boy, am I glad that you're not the one in charge of balancing the game

Seraphon likes this.
  5. Seraphon

Seraphon Member

Well the unit should be completely reworked since it is not tank or a dps unit. At the moment this just usefull in early game because wave 7-8 are magic dps. If you change attack type of those wave, the unit would just never be picked.
    So, the only way is to rework it completely and make it a tank or a dps unit.

6. Darktarant

Darktarant Member

i actually like whileshroom/canopie because it is good early