1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there be a solo / co-op vs ai mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirePhoenix115, Jan 16, 2017.

1. FirePhoenix115

FirePhoenix115 Member

Hi everyone,

As most of you i am really hyped for the game and its looking good so far.

The thing i did alot back in the day with friends on the original legion td on WC3 was just do a non pvp game and just see how far we could go in terms of waves, that way there will be no enemy player sending extra units and it is just you and your buddies (or you solo) against all types of waves.

I was wondering if we could get this feature in the game and if it is planned, always playing multiplayer will put some people off aswell, and seeing as this is a full fledged game i'm sure there will be a way to generate lumber and extra gold when playing solo by just making some changes in the game settings, really hoping this will be a feature.

2. Guennter

Guennter Member

I guess a ki wont be implemented from start (since it isnt rly needed to play the game), but later on it would be a nice feature to help new players learning the game.

3. Diablo

Diablo Member

To me it sounds OP just wants to fight the bare waves, without any AI enemies :p

I doubt this will happen btw, not officially at least. But the developers will release a mod tool to create custom games, so I guess someone will make a (more challenging) PvE map/mode sooner or later.

4. Guennter

Guennter Member

Uh ... well then. In this case, modders will be welcome to create such a thing ^^

5. FlannelGod

FlannelGod Member

An AI that builds units in some kind of basic formation and sends units shouldn't be too difficult - it doesn't have to be dynamic & responsive to be useful. It could only have 1 legion and make the same purchasing / building decisions each time around, and use the same formula to juggle incoming versus sending. It would still be really useful to practice and test out strategies. I think a big point of player frustration in all these moba esque games is many teammates taking the L because Mr. Creative wants to try out his wacky zany strategy. You can't blame him because being innovative and testing out off meta unconventional stuff is important for a game to evolve, but I know in LoL I want to punch a kitten when some "free thinking individual" wants to test out the validity of support Singed in ranked.

The better the player v AI option, even if it's not true "AI" and is just executing the same script, the higher quality solo Q will be. I'd definitely play it a lot because to me that was always a great part of LTD - just trying dumb stuff and seeing how the dumb stuff combined with the greater dumbness of WC3's engine to produce actually decent outcomes. Obviously LTD2 will be much more logical / predictable than WC3 in terms of unit behavior, pathing, target selection, etc, but it'll still be good for there to be some kind of player versus computer option

6. FirePhoenix115

FirePhoenix115 Member

I am kind off a sissy in this case, whenever i played legion td on wc3 and sc2 i had a hard time investing into lumber harvesting, i just wanted to upgrade my units, i think i'm just afraid it's gonna be really hard to do right