1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zgeembo's Guide: Forsaken ( Updated on 04.12.2017)

Discussion in 'Strategy Guides' started by Zgeembo, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Zgeembo

Zgeembo Member

Hello,
    I will update this guide soon. I will try to explain the way you should be pushing workers as a Forsaken player, and when and how to build with keeping track of the enemy send.

This guide wont be wave per wave guide, as in the current game people tend to save for different waves, so your build has to be flexible. I will put in waves so that new players have a little orientation.

For the nightmare to function properly, it is essenctial that you get a Butcher before wave 6. On what wave oyu get it, its up to you.
    It is also very importnat to note, that this build is very adjustable for the enemy saves. So try not to follow this guide strictly, try out some new things.
    The positioning of the units is very important for Forsaken. You want your nightmare/doppelganger to be as safe as possible + you want him to be flanking the wave.

Here are the Photos of Fighter positions for most of the Waves. You can ignore the wave numbers in the Photos, as I was going fast over builds, so didnt keep track of waves.
    06.a Is a regular build where you expect lizard + snail at most, if you expect a brute go for 06.b!
    01. fr wave 1.png 02. fr wa 2.png 03. fr wave 3.png 05. fr wv 5.png 06.a fr wv 6.png 06.b fr wv 6 if bruted.png 07. fr wv 7.png 08. fr wave 8.png 09. fr wv 9.png 10. fr wave 10.png 12. fr wv 12.png 13. fr wv 13.png 14. fr wv 14.png 15. fr wv 15.png 16. fr wave 16.png 17. fr wv 17.png 18. fr wv 18.png 19. fr wv 19.png
    20. fr wv 20.png
    Wave 1:
    The best start Forsaken has is Nightmare imo. So you always want to start with a nightmare and then you push a worker on wave 1 as soon as you get the gold.

Wave 2:
    Now you build one Bone Warrior in front of your Nightmare. ( You want thim to tank a bit on wave 3 for that beautifull beast called Nightmare).

Wave 3:
    Ugrade the Bone Warrior to Dark Mage. (This should hold any send <= 50 mythium)
    If the enemy is not saving, you can push a worker here.

Wave 4:
    If they are saving, you should get a Butcher. If the enemy didnt save ( you dont expect a brute) you dont need to build anything here.

Wave 5:
    For this wave, you need to have Nightmare + Dark Mage + Butcher + ( Gargoyle or 2 Bone Warrior). Keep in mind that gargoyle is much better on this wave imo. It all depends on how much gold you menaged to accumulate to this pooint. You should be getting your 4th worker at this point.

Wave 6:
    Here you should have Nightmare + Dark Mage + Butcher + Gargoyle + Gargoyle or 2 Bone Warriors. I also do push a worker on this wave, but I would advise against it. It is very difficult to prepare for 10 if you do it.

Wave 7:
    Upgrade one of your Gargoyles into a Green Devil. Get a worker.

Wave 8:
    Build a Gateguard. Get your 6th worker here. Stay on 6 workers to be able to hold boss on 10.

Wave 9:
    Upgrade Gateguard into Harbinger.

Wave 10: Try to have here 2 Harbringers + 1 Green Devil or 1 Harbinger + 2 Green Devil + 1-2 Gateguard. The first variante is a bit more RNG but it holds wave 11 much better so I would go for the variante 1. I also build Bone Warriors with the rest gold, as they each take 2 hits of the boss, which improves your chances of holding.

Wave 11:
    If you have 2 Harbingers, 1300 value is enough to hold this wave. I would invest the rest of the gold into workers.

Wave 12:
    You want to upgrade your nightmare into Doppleganger.

Wave 13:
    Build one more Butcher and upgrade it into Head chef. The aura of Head Chef and Butcher stack.

Wave 14:
    At this point you should have 3-4 Green Devils.

Wave 15:
    At this point you should have 4-6 Green Devils Depending if you expect a big send or not.

Wave 16:
    You should have 2 Doppelgangers here.

Wave 17:
    After this point, I pretty much spam Harbingers, with slight variations depending on if I think the game is going 20 or not.

IMPORTANT TO DEFEND EARLY GAME CENTAUR
    In case that you notice enemy team saving for a centaur in early game here is what you do :
    So usually people will send on 4, so when you see you are not getting any sends on 5. You already know, they will either skip for 6 or go centaur on 8/9. So here is what you do, after wave 4 you probably have a gargoyle, butcher, nightmare and a dark mage. So after wave 5 is done, you build a green devil, expecting them to send on6 maybe. If they didnt send on 6, you know they will go for 8/9. So now you clear 6, you dont build anything here. You save all the gold. So probably at this point you have 160ish gold. Then you clear wave 7 ( the build clears 7 pretty safe). After 7 you should be able to to upgrade your Nightmare into Doppelganger. This is holding cent on 8 quite effectively. If they decide to go 9, just upgrade your butcher into head chef, or get some more Green Devil/Bone Crushers. The doppelganger will destroy the centaur.
    It is really important to send every wave for income once you notice the enemy is saving. You want really big value for the most optimal centaur defend.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    EndOfFears, Demikun, Murtyn and 7 others like this.
  2. Themryon

Themryon Member

Gonna try this out!

Zgeembo likes this.
  3. Cornep

Cornep Moderator

Hype for Forsaken guide! and a good one :)

Them #Rank 1 insights right here

4. xanarot

xanarot Member

Both guides into big push AND holder, start by OB expensive units first. Believe Element has the same even strategy as being optimal with rush violet. Feeling a pattern starting here.

Very nice guide tho, only question i have is why no head chef(+butcher)? Seems like your build is focussed on the doppels, and with their attack speed/lifesteal the boosted aura should benefit them a lot?

5. Zgeembo

Zgeembo Member

Indeed, I do upgrade Butchers and usually have 3 Head Chefs in late game to cover all areas. The life steal does a lot for the doppelgangers. I will edit it into the guide, Thank you

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  6. Cornep

Cornep Moderator

This is kind of the only pattern that is good all game. If you don't push early workers, you are doomed late game

7. Datel666

Datel666 Member

dont know ho to play this strategy (leak 9 to 13 ) then lost
    Update: 12....20 is good but 9 and 10 is a super random

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Zgeembo likes this.
  8. Zgeembo

Zgeembo Member

In my opinion Forsaken race, especialy if you follow this guide is a lot situational. You have to carefully follow enemy saves.
    For example I will have in games where I am sure enemy wont send on 9, already 7 (8 if enemy had a lot of leaks) workers on wave 8, then I leak 4-5 units on 9. Which for me is usually worth, because I will have a nice save for 10/12 depending on what I want to do, or if I need the income.
    If you see that some of your team is also weak on 9 and enemy wants to send on 9, ofc you should care with value, and only have 5-6 workers on 8 so you leak a little to nothing on 9.
    If you follow this guide you should be able to hold 10 even if they send drake. Yes there is some rng factor with your harbringer not coming through with the stuns.
    Wave 11 usually no one sends, so I also save 100-150 of gold with not building so I leak 3-4 minions and I can better prepare for 12/13.
    I think this build requires a deeper knowledge of the game to be used properly. ( Rember I said Forsaken weaknes is 5, because 5 is pierce, so is 9 so is 11, if you want to hold those waves 100% you will need to get some extra value, which means a worker less, but keep in mind usually the low leaks give you extra time for mythium save, so you can strike harder vs the enemies)

Cornep likes this.
  9. Datel666

Datel666 Member

boss just focus my gangers so i added a gargoyle in front of first one

Zgeembo likes this.
  10. Themryon

Themryon Member

i like the guide, even if you can't afford something, you can keep up with building something else instead and try to fix it later

Zgeembo likes this.
  11. Zgeembo

Zgeembo Member

hehe yes :p we played a game together where I played with no butcher if i am not mistaken. Due to me missplaying :D. Still menaged to hold really well and win the game. GG

12. Themryon

Themryon Member

@Zgeembo You could do quasi the same build but instead of the first nightmare with a green devil and for wave 2 you build first a gargoyle next to it and bone warrior behind it (and after it dark mage). What do you think of this? I think your first worker is a bit quicker this way. Not 100% sure though

edit: then you can just put 3 bone warriors on 5 (extra) and that is enough for 6 i think

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  13. Aronax

Aronax Member

Any tips how to hold the wave 13 aura/shaman all in ? I triede more Nightmares and Butcher/Head chefs and failed when i wasn´t fed

14. Zgeembo

Zgeembo Member

@Aronax that is a good question...
    I also leak to 4 eyes + auras usually 4eyes+2 creeps on 13. If you really wish to hold this wave I would recommend sending for income every wave, so you can get big income and big value ( thi is usually not a very good thing, because mostly teams want to save for a specific wave to make the enemy leak to king). Even cut down on some workers but this will significantly lower your late game. You should do this only if all of your team is piercing so you are weak to 13.
    The other thing I could recommend is to find a duo, preferably a mech as mech can hold 13. Mech and Forsaken go really well together as the strength of mech are weaknesses of Forsaken and vice versa.
    Hope this helps you out.

@Themryon Oh I will check it out, and then if I find it good will implement it into the guide :)

15. Themryon

Themryon Member

maybe 10 or 11 is too hard with the green devil replacement...

16. Aronax

Aronax Member

Ty it´s a big help!

Zgeembo likes this.
  17. Themryon

Themryon Member

@Zgeembo, you don't need your nightmare on 7. I would just build a bone crusher, so switch waves 7 8 and 9 a little bit around

Chuckxic likes this.
  18. Chuckxic

Chuckxic Member

Fun build, nightmare gives a good show :)
    The only thing I had more difficulty is wave 3. If I get a fiend and sometimes some nrg placement stuff, I get wrecked and now I miss gold for the butcher.
    1) How can I be sure to hold 3?
    2) How to recover from a big leak for wave 4 and 5?

Zgeembo likes this.
  19. Zgeembo

Zgeembo Member

So here is a thing about this build, you need to properly follow what the enemy sends. If you notice everyone on the enemy team is saving, ( no snails on wave1 and 2) that means theiy either will send on wave 3 bigger or save for 4/5/6. You need to act accordingly.
    If you recive only one snails on 1or 2. There is still a possibility enemy will send a fiend + snail to your lane, which means you leak on 3, unless sou have a gargoyle ready for this wave.
    If the enemy send on 3 all their mythium, that means they can only send snail/fiend on 4. Forsaken can hold 4 vs this type of send with only Dark Mage and Nightmare. You dnt even need a butcher. Butcher is only needed if the enemy goes with dino/brute on 4.

I my self now start nightmare, I get a worker + bone warrior for wave 2, I get a gargoyle + dark mage for wave 3, I build a worker on wave3, save the rest gold, and then I build a butcher after wave 4. I will update my guide over the weekend and try to make it easy to follow, But this guide is more for "pro" players, because you always want to be pushing your wokrers when ever you get the chance + your build path offten changes due to the enemy saves/pushes.

Chuckxic and Themryon like this.
  20. Chuckxic

Chuckxic Member

How can you handle cent 8 with this build? I've been trying different kinds of solutions, and still haven't figured it out yet. Upgrade gargoyles?

Zgeembo likes this.